It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Alone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I can spend hour debating people over this subject. Are we alone in the universe? Well there are two determining factors that must be observed before jumping to any conclusions . First is the logical belief, and the other is the physical one.
Logic would dictate that the universe is a vast amount of interstellar matter. Most of which are galaxies, and in these galaxies are solar systems and planets. Think about this for a second. Our solar system had 9 planets, there hundreds of solar systems on out galaxies, and millions of galaies in the universe. There are so many planets it would be stupid of us to believe that there is not another planet like or (or more than one) and that life could not have started out as it did on earth on some other distant planet in some other solar system. perhaps the planet is on the other side of the universe but the like thought is it is there
But then the scientist comes and states the physical laws of probability. He would state “ what are the odds that another planet somewhere had the initial formings of life on earth. Would there be a planet where proteins have formed and combined into ooze and then eventually into humanoids. The probablity of this happening is 1 in a couple Zillion.” So one would compare the probability scale to the known universe and the planets in it., and one would assume that since the probability says that there are no other earth-like planets, or only one in a couple hundred zillion, it would be safe to say that we are alone.
In my view I think that there is life out there. I believe that the universe is a very very large place, with numerous planets. And the probabilty theory is flawed. The conditions are not necessarily have to be that same a s earth, Perhaps creatures grew on total Nitrogen atmospheres, or adapted to high radiation,. it is childish to think that life can only be formed if a world is blue enough. Then we must re-evaluate what we consider humanoid. Our life consists of proteins and enzymes, but other life could consist of non-organic or organic matter. Why couldn’t there be other worlds out there?, why couldn’t there be. As to the question of how would this effect earth if we were visited. I am prone to refer to Earth, final conflict. It tells of aliens coming to earth and change civilization,. I believe that it would happen like that. The world would be changed, but soon we would accept and peace would reign forever and ever. I can go on further but I believe I have stated my opinion. I do think there is life out there, and I think someday we will be visited.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

and I think someday we will be visited

And I think someday we'll invent a way to travel on water.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RubinLando

I can spend hour debating people over this subject. Are we alone in the universe? Well there are two determining factors that must be observed before jumping to any conclusions . First is the logical belief, and the other is the physical one.

We're definitely in the presence of aliens who are hundreds or thousands of times more conscious than we are. We use logic to determine what can or cannot be but our logic is based on the laws of physics we understand or comprehend. We also see physical matter as reality but scientists know that 99.99% of the universe is dark matter or invisible to our senses. So if our logic is based on .01% of reality then we are probably missing some important factors in our conclusions about reality.

From what the alien beings showed me we live in a thin field of energy which they can see into and enter at will. We think the energy is solid but it's not. A lot of people think ghosts can walk through people because the ghosts are made of subtle energy, but the fact is many beings walk through us because we are made from subtle energy.

I got a real shock when the aliens came to me. I had no idea how close they are around us while we are totally oblivious to them. They're here and have always been here. They planted us here more than likely. They are beautiful beings and only act cold to stop us getting attached to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zareste

and I think someday we will be visited

And I think someday we'll invent a way to travel on water.

or we have been visited,not only that but our rulers are them.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Any intelligent being unwilling to make itself known is unworthy of belief in my mind. If reports are true, they possess technology far superior to our own. According to supposed evidence, they show little fear of our most advanced weaponry, yet still refuse to make themselves known. They appear as nothing more than shadows and illusions and I refuse to give them credit until public first contact has been made. It only strengthens suspicions and creates chaos among those searching for the truth. It is detrimental to the cause of establishing peaceful relations. The idea of belief itself even seems to be cause for a new "mental disorder." That's my opinion anyways.

new topics

top topics

join