It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croc Hunter Coverup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I was reading an article from The Australian's website, which had comments from the doctor that treated Steve Irwin before he died.

"THE doctor called in to treat Steve Irwin said his death after being struck by a stingray barb was "highly unusual".

Dr O'Loughlin said he had worked in north Queensland for several months and in Perth before that and had not come across a death from a stingray before.

"It would be highly unusual for a stingray to cause this type of injury," Dr O'Loughlin said.

"He had a penetrating injury to the left front of his chest."

"He had lost his pulse and wasn't breathing."

FULL STORY

My first thoughts are speargun accident coverup, it wouldnt look very good for the group he was with if news got out they had killed the Crocodile hunter now would it!

edit for link to news story.
[edit on 4-9-2006 by Ezekiel]

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags and title clarity
Quote Reference.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel

"THE doctor called in to treat Steve Irwin said his death after being struck by a stingray barb was "highly unusual".

Dr O'Loughlin said he had worked in north Queensland for several months and in Perth before that and had not come across a death from a stingray before.

"It would be highly unusual for a stingray to cause this type of injury," Dr O'Loughlin said.

I would like to know what type of injury would be usual from a stingray compared to the injuries he suffered?.Wonder if we will ever know.

My first thoughts are speargun accident coverup, it wouldnt look very good for the group he was with if news got out they had killed the Crocodile hunter now would it!

My thoughts as well,and i posted those thoughts earlier in the other thread.Not saying however that it did`nt happen from the barbs of a stingray,its just hard to imagine it did.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by gps777]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Woah buddy, calm down. Getting stung in the chest by a stingray is, well, unusual. There's nothing strange about the doctor calling that.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't see any facts on either side of the fence. I see nothing contradicting the story as of yet. I am interested to heart the full story and to see film footage of the incident. Apparently they were filing a documentary at the time of the accident.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
edit for double post

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Ezekiel]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Woah buddy, calm down. Getting stung in the chest by a stingray is, well, unusual. There's nothing strange about the doctor calling that.

hehe sorry if my post was a little sensationalist - seems to be the only way to get responses around here these days =D

Getting stung in the chest isnt what strikes me as strage, the fact that it punctured his breastplate is what gets me.

According to the cameraman it was a big bull ray, which could explain it - however Ive spent 17 years of my life as a fishermans son growing up at the Abrolhos Islands of the WA coast, seen plenty of sting ray stings from BIG rays and never heard of anything like this.

As well as this comment from Ben Cropp (doco maker) on the reports of Steves death.

“I trust this person has told me the full info ... he admired Steve, the way I do, and he would have liked to get everything straight so there are no false stories running around.”"

Seems funny that he is already vouching for the credibility of the story, as if there is something to hide.....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
Getting stung in the chest isnt what strikes me as strage, the fact that it punctured his breastplate is what gets me.

The breastplate (sternum) is relatively narrow. The stingray's barb could of easily slipped between his ribs and into his heart.

Sternum

sanc

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The injury was unusual but so was the victim.

The doctor hasn't seen this injury before ... bet he hasn't meet anyone like Steve Erwin before either.

How many people chase through the seas interacting with and filming sting rays close up?? Almost none. That's why this injury is 'unusual'. The vicitm was as well.

No consipracy here. The guy lived on the edge and that's part of why he was so popular. Watching him get up close to these critters and not get hurt while teaching us about them... that was his schtick. He lived by it and he died by it.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just feel really bad for his wife and kid(s?) So long Steve, you will be missed.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looking from here it seems to be a reach to call it a coverup.
Not everything is a conspiracy.

Those with Irwin said he was swimming in shallow water, snorkelling as his cameraman filmed large bull rays.

Irwin's death was only the third known stingray death in Australian waters, said shark and stingray expert Victoria Brims.

Wildlife experts said the normally passive creatures only sting in defence, striking with a bayonet-like barb when they feel threatened or are trodden on.

More information here:
www.thisislondon.co.uk...'voyeuristic+wildlife+TV'/article.do

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Please add any further comments to the following thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Closing Thread

top topics

join