It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do they blackball people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I saw a very old black book with loads of people being black balled back in say the 1800s I wonder does this happen now days? Also have you ever blackballed a person? If so may I be so blunt of asking why?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, the origin of the term is masonic... in our usage, it simply means a vote against something.

Common usage, however, has a different meaning... and I suspect that is what you are referring to: where one member of a group has a vendetta against a person, and so the entire group acts against the person.

I've not encountered anything like this from any 'formal secret society', but I have from business folks.

The pub owners in this area seem to talk on a regular basis. I've seen bar staff that cross one owner unable to get a job at any local pub... and it kinda stands out, as their 'qualifications' are ample breasts, skimpy dress, and a passing familiarity with alcohol.

I've heard allegations that newspapers and academic institutions have lots of this behavior... usually over issues such as plagerism. Folks don't seem to cry 'corruption' so quickly, in those cases, though. If anything, they applaud such action.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
I saw a very old black book with loads of people being black balled back in say the 1800s I wonder does this happen now days? Also have you ever blackballed a person? If so may I be so blunt of asking why?

To join a masonic lodge one requires a virtual unanimity within the membership. One, two or three members (depending on the lodge) can vote against the application and it is refused. This is known as 'black balling' due to the traditional nature of the voting mechanism.

I have never seen this happen, and it is very rare as any problems with candidates are usually discussed in advance of the vote. Freemasonry, like any other fraternity, is not in the business or turning members away for no reason.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well as said by the above poster this is where the term originates.

It is thought to originally come from the Knights Templar (close Masonic links) as part of the selection process to join one of their lodges and become a knight.

As with the Current Masonic tradition no one can become a member unless they are invited to by an existing member. As said above before the person is approached a discussion goes on at the "layman" or first initiates level as to whether to proceed. The person is then asked if they would be interested, sometimes an interview or a presentation takes place. Then all the members of the said lodge gather and vote on it in secret. If one black ball is put in a velvet bag by a member the person is not allowed to join.

I have unlike the above poster known this to happen quite often at least in the UK. (3 times within social circle) A person is approached and says yes or No, it is only then that any senior members of the lodge get involved. This is where most black balling takes place as this often includes calls to local police superintendents or senior officers (who actually as is known in the UK would usually be speaking to their bosses or best friends!) look into it unofficially. All the police information and intelligence is then passed on in a secret member to the senior lodge members.

No lodge will allow anyone to enter who may bring the organisation or the brotherhood into any type of disrepute (lol a paradox, murder, bribery, extortion and organised crime are fine within the confines and under the controls of the Lodge or organisation, but nothing outside!! previously lol).

So if anything comes up at this stage then the person is black balled and cannot join the Masons.

Strange lot, bags of velvet, different coloured balls, butchers aprons, ancient Babylonian and negative symbolisms and rituals, exclusively male, and controlled totally, Whilst smearing blood on each other and touching each others breasts (men) very similar to the Skull and Cross bones etc. They get up to this on weekends for fun and most of them control the world, in the top positions of the Law, Government, Milatary, Finance, Science and the Media. Very scary indeed.

Regards Elf.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Please, the Secret Societies forum is for conspiracy discussion only. You should feel free to talk about mundane aspects of freemasonry in the chit-chat forum on BTS but we ask that you keep it off ATS.

Thanks for understanding.

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join