It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a Glowing Mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I had this crazy dream when I first ot interested n Masonry showing a mason that was like illuminated as in a glow walking across the street and olnly I could see he was glowing and he I. Anyway made me wonder about modes of recognition. Besides handshakes is there any other way? Like a very subtle way to recogonize eachother in a populated area without anyone ever noticing? I don't know if I can get a yes or no answer without a descriptive on it but I just figured I would toss it out there. If its not meant to be public just let me know.

Oh mind you before I had an idea about illumination or other light minded title it is funny how I had such a symbolic dream. Than again since I started my study in like minded topics I have had many.

Cheers

[edit on 4-9-2006 by masonite]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
No, there isn't anything like that... the modes of recognition were intended to be something like that... but as has been pointed out by many, they've been published enough times to be rendered ineffectual.

Most 'foreign' masons that I've identified have been spotted by mundane means - a ring, medallion, or tattoo - and confirmed by conversation and context.

Ironically, the 'secrets' that we swear not to reveal are those modes of recognition... which I allege are useless for recognition, and thus never come up in conversation.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i can testify that this is true between fraternity brothers aswell. it is real easy to figure out if someone is a brother or not, just by the way they talk and what they say about the fraternity. you dont even need to flash a sign or a handshake.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by rotarychris7]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i gotta agree with both hobbes and with RChris, the internet is caked with the signs of recognition.. most of them were taken from "Duncan's Rituals of Freemasonry" which details the initiation rituals of the 3 blue lodge degrees, and the 4 degrees past leading up to the royal arch degree (the 7th). it also details passwords, their proper use and the "Grips" (Handshakes), and in the royal arch chapter it even explains the royal arch cypher.

I have known alot of masons.. and some have been down right dumbstruck when they find out that i'm not a mason because i have demonstrated such a knowlege of masonic teachings and the signs of recognition... and No Hobbes, i have never told any mason that i was a mason or in any way attempted to mislead them when they have asked if i was a brother, i know you didnt ask if i have ever done such a thing.. but i'm sure if you didnt question it some other mason here would

new topics

top topics

join