It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possilbly cause of SYSTEMDOCTOR Popups!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
well i had a run in yesterday with systemdr on another site. now, i wont make accusations but it sure LOOKED like that site was installing crap on my PC specifically for systemdr to 'find' and 'fix' so taht id be soooooooooo impressed id HAVE to buy their software.

oh and the feedback i sent them for their 'reasons for uninstalling survey' isnt reproducable in its entirety here due to the T&C (i wasnt happy) but i ended it with

"you [we'll pretend i said 'guys' here] are lucky that im not emperor"

bunch o crap you ask me. im just glad my AV software scans each file as its being created

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Today is the first day in about a month that i have not had a problem with the browser jacker`s,i have`nt done anything new with the pc, has ATS admin done something to improve things?

What ever has happened i love it and hope it does`nt come back

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Today is the first day in about a month that i have not had a problem with the browser jacker`s,i have`nt done anything new with the pc, has ATS admin done something to improve things?

What ever has happened i love it and hope it does`nt come back

You're right! I've done quite a bit of surfing today, with not a single pop-up from that damned "doctor"... Let's hope it lasts! Touch wood. (If this was intervention from The Powers that Be. Thank you.)

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i have been getting that aswell probaly about 2 weeks ago it started and it has not stopped since

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
THANK YOU! to Toasty. The original post of this thread contains the detailed information we need in order to get these bloody bastards OFF our site's ad networks.

We simply HATE Malware marketers with a passion!
Again, Thanks Toasty!

Springer...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
None of the ad networks we use is currently running any campaigns from a domain or company of that name (which is typical when ads use sneaky tactics). But I've alerted each of our prividers of the suspect ad and unethical activity.

In any event... Flash ads are no longer being served to logged-in members. Since these are the only kinds of ads that can launch something like that, this should solve the issue.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Big cheers SO and Springer!!!!!

And TOP job Toasty for getting the relevant info for ATS Admin and all other members affected by it

Surfs up and safe.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Gotta say that I had the spyware one pop on me twice last night (6th September). Will see if it happens again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join