It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

changing your ats handle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
am i allowed to change my ats name??? i cant find a link to it anywhere. if there is no link... why dont they allow it??? sometimes peoples minds can change....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
No that's usually not done. You can reregister under a different name, but you'll lose all your points.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
No that's usually not done. You can reregister under a different name, but you'll lose all your points.

thats why i dont want to register again i dont wanna loose all my points. it would be alot easier if they would allow some handle editing...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Contact an admin by using the complaint button. I've seen others make the switch. You do have to re-register, but arrangements have been made in the past.

What's wrong with your handle?

[edit on 2006/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ive just had a change of mind. id rather have it as mastercheif to match with my picture. i think mastercheif would be a better handle for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ultimately, it's not your name that matters. It's the persona you create here that really means something. Make your name mean something.

[edit on 2006/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wouldn't it just be easier to change your avatar to match your name?

also I think there is already a member named master chief.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
ive just had a change of mind. id rather have it as mastercheif to match with my picture. i think mastercheif would be a better handle for me.

Are you going to want to change your name every time ,you change your avatar?
Members update there avatars and sigs all the time they are very fluid but the member name stays the same to help keep consistency.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What, don't you like my name?

Cut. I'm so cut . . .

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Changing an existing user name is never allowed. You wound need to abandon your current account and re-register.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Changing an existing user name is never allowed. You wound need to abandon your current account and re-register.

ill give you 100 ats points if you let me change myne

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry bud, the issue isn't that it would be a hassle. As I understand the board software has been highly customized by SO and won't allow the Admin to change a current members user name.

You could still give me the 100 points though.

top topics

join