It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin is Dead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Anybody seen the vid?

Collegedowntime.com's front page seems to link to the video

www.collegedowntime.com...

but it's not working.. the source file for the video is "/media/files/.wmv" so I don't know if it's a typo or what.. here's the news.. maybe it'll shed light on the circumstances..

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Reply to Palasheea

Mate im from up north originally and i know how rare they are, i also know that deaths from other deadly creatures from that area are also rare, guess what, they still happen, trying to read way too much into this imo.

The last red back spider death occured in 1956, 13 deaths in Australia were caused by Red Back Spider bite before this, doesnt mean that someone will not die from its bite in the future because it has already proved that it can be deadly. And if someone is unfortunate enough to die from its bite wont make it a conspiracy either, unless their famous of course!!

www.nswseakayaker.asn.au...

Cardiac injuries from Stingray barbs are rare, even worldwide, and all but one have been fatal. We report a survivor of a cardiac injury caused by a stingray barb. Penetration of a body cavity by a stingray barb requires early surgical referral and management.

Bold is my emphasis.

Penetration of a body cavity by a stingray barb may cause major morbidity and even death, particularly with cardiac injury, and requires early surgical referral and management.

A 33 year old man was snorkeling at Coogee, a popular Sydney swimming beach, when he was noticed to be in distress. He was rescued by lifeguards, and found to be unconscious, not breathing, and had an increased heart rate (150 beats/min). After a short period of expired air resuscitation performed on the beach, he regained consciousness and said he had been struck by the tail of a stingray. He complained of difficulty breathing and severe, left-sided chest pain where the tail had struck.
When paramedics arrived he was cyanosed, with a systolic blood pressure of 75 mmHg (usually 110 to 140) and sinus tachycardia (heart rate 150 beats/min), but with normal level of consciousness. He was given fluid resuscitation on the way to hospital with no improvement in blood pressure.
On arrival at the emergency department, he remained in cardiogenic shock with a low blood pressure and high heart rate, hypothermia (temperature of 31C), poor peripheral perfusion and central cyanosis. He had a 2 cm laceration over the lower left chest next to the sternum. His Glasgow coma score (level of consciousness; 15 normal, 3 dead) had deteriorated to 10. He was intubated and manually ventilated. Invasive monitoring catheters were inserted and cardiac support commenced with adrenaline.
Echocardiography revealed a cardiac tamponade, fluid trapped in the sac around the heart causing restriction to cardiac function. A needle drainage was performed and 150 ml of blood was aspirated from the pericardial sac. This resulted in prompt restoration of blood pressure to 170/80 mmHg, and reduction in heart rate to 100 beats/min.

This guy survived but it should be noted he was pulled from the water at a metropolitan beach and was close to medical treatment, unfortunately Steve Irwin was a lot further away from receiving the medical attention that he required. If this guy had been stung as far from medical aid as Steve Irwin, this death would not have been as rare.

Anyway enough of that, a good bloke who will be greatly missed.

[edit on 4/9/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is such sad news. I wish his family all the best. This is going to be a very difficult time for them. He did so much for the environment and for animals. He well be missed.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
poor guy.....may he rest in peace

he didnt deserve to die he was the one out there helping and protecting the animals not shooting them and selling their skins:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Very sad news....

RIP Steve.....

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have set up a mirror of the crocodilehunter.com page since it is dang near impossible to get to. This is an image of what they have up right now...

www.climatepatrol.com...

It really is a sad day. RIP Steve.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by La Balance
Collegedowntime.com's front page seems to link to the video

www.collegedowntime.com...

The video isn't even hosted there, it seems. None of the files in the parent directory uploaded in September are the video on question.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The man died doing what he loved.

The tragedy here is the fact he has left 2 young children behind, and a loving wife. Its unfortunate these children will grow up with their father as a memory.

RIP

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have been following this story the entire time now. First of all, i have to say, im sad that there wont be any more crocodile dundee movies because i was a big fan.

Secondly... A stingray to the heart? Please!! And now his wife and kids will inherit all that money?

Am i the only one that thinks this stingray might have been a robotic protocol designed by Steve's wife to kill him so she could inherit the loot?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
there wont be any more crocodile dundee movies

That was Paul Hogan, not Steve Erwin. Two different people. Also - there hasn't been a Crocodile Dundee movie out in MANY years. He's old now so I doubt that there will be any more.

A stingray to the heart? Please!!

yes. Nothing strange about it. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and that is how stingrays react to defend themselves. This BULL ray was big and had a large barb.

And now his wife and kids will inherit all that money?

WHAT are you talking about? They 'had' all that money before he died. There was no big money before they were married. After marriage they lived together and shared everything. That's when they started to make a good living. The fact that he's dead means that the big money maker is also gone. At the risk of being crass - he was worth more alive than dead. His wife, Terri, will have to be the big breadwinner now. She doesn't have the personality that Steve had.

His death is a major loss financially to the family.

Am i the only one that thinks ...
yes.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
im sticking to my robotic stingray protocol theory.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
I have been following this story the entire time now. First of all, i have to say, im sad that there wont be any more crocodile dundee movies because i was a big fan.

Secondly... A stingray to the heart? Please!! And now his wife and kids will inherit all that money?

Am i the only one that thinks this stingray might have been a robotic protocol designed by Steve's wife to kill him so she could inherit the loot?

That is the second time that you have posted about Crocodile Dundee and the second time you have been told that they are not the same person. Did you not get the reaction you hoped for the first time? Combine this with your new statements about inheriting money and robotic stingrays and it is clear that you are mocking the membership here and trolling for a reaction.

Please stop it. Now. If you can not post in an adult manner, then do not post at all.

Thank you.

[edit on 2006-9-5 by wecomeinpeace]

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Steve Irwin, was one of the greats.. He had more courage, drive, dedication and devotion than anyone I've ever seen..

He'll be missed dearly...

Steve.. we love ya.. we miss you mate...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He was a man that lived beyond most ordinary boundaries, and the bizarre nature of his death acts to further glorify his accomplishments.

He faced ridicule as his celebrity status grew, but by and large, he remained Steve Irwin through and through...

The world was not ready to let him go, and he will be sorely missed...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Steve was a great man. A man of integrity and honesty. He will be missed!

May God bless and comfort his family and friends during this difficult time.

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I heard the news yesterday.. and I wanted to write something about this awesome human being... So I wrote a blog on myspace this morning... and I'd like to post it here...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

GoodBye
Current mood: sad

Whenever I tell people that I'm Atheist, they ask me why dont I believe in god?
Well... Here's a good reason...

Yesterday.. while at the Rennaisance Fair I got some disturbing news, Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) had been killed in a freak accident on Australia's Great Barrier Reef, He was 44.. Steve died after a bull stingray weighing approximately 220lbs was startled and straightened its tail upward, piercing Steve's heart under his ribcage... Steve pulled the barbed tail from his chest and was gone...

For those of you who dont know, like Steve, I'm Australian born and bred.. So the news hit me pretty hard.. A man who I always thought to be invincible was killed.. It's purely tragic..
While I never personally new Steve, When I heard the news I cried....Here's a man who's work touched millions of lives, his work was his life... He cared for his animals without biased without fear and without thought for his own well being.. When his Australia Zoo faced flooding from a tropical storm, Steve stood in neck high water trying to move debris from fences so that his animals wouldnt drown... Steve was a one of a kind...And I think alot of his talent was missed by his American audience, who looked at him as being "quirky".. Steve was very passionate about his work, about trying to preserve habitats for animals, about educating people on some of the worlds deadliest animals...

Steve was a humanitarian, conservationist, zoologist and herpetologist but above all those things Steve was an Educator and a good one at that... There is no better person in the world than one that lives and breathes their work, who take so much pride and passion in what they do that they want to share it with the world.. It breaks my heart that Steve wont be around to teach my children.... Steve truly made the world a better place...

He opened eyes to the facts that... Crocodiles, while powerful wild animals.. can also be friends and... loved by a person... Snakes, some people saw them as "slimey" and Steve showed that, they're beautiful creatures. He had a special way of showing you that.. the deadliest of animals could also be the most beautiful and precious.. and for that Steve, we thank you Mate...

Steve got alot of attention when he took his one month old son Robert "Bob" Clarence Irwin into a snapping crocodile enclosure for a feeding in January of 2004.. Now... If Steve had of felt he was in any danger he would never have gone in himself let alone taken his son in... This is the way Steve was raised.. hands on.. He was shown from a boy that even the most fearsome animals can be the most gentle and beautiful.. and he never meant his son any harm, His son was never in any danger...ever..

Steve is survived by his American born wife Terri... his 8 year old daughter Bindi Sue.. And his 2 year old son Robert "Bob" Clarence..

Australia has lost a son.... The World has lost a naturalist, conservationist, herpetologist a dedicated educator and a friend.. I've lost a fellow countrymen.. and someone I looked up to.. Someone with courage and respect for the animals and land he worked with.. someone with dedication and devotion to his life, his family, his friends, fans and his world.. Steve was a saint in every sense of the word.. He was a Husband, a father, a son, a human being and a TRUE BLUE AUSSIE...And he'll be missed by everyone...

Steve.. I never got to meet you mate.. but if I ever did, I would have shaken your hand and said... Thankyou.. for being you Steve...

Steve.. I love ya... and I'll always miss you mate...

R.I.P Steve Robert Irwin Feb.22.1962 - Sep.4.2006

This blog can be found at myspace.com/au091jeff

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When I saw his African snake special and he had a black mamba damn near strike him in his groin, I said that this guy is living on borrowed time, but to go out in such a ridiculous, freakish way is anti-climactic and sad.

RIP Steve!

Please someone track down this video. I have a morbid curiosity.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My husband said yesterday...."Maybe they will release the actual video?" Maybe if his wife allows it? Yes, it is sad. I feel for his family, but it looks like they will be well taken care of financially. I saw a video link on a page past, but I think someone said it wasn't a working link.

R.I.P Steve Irwin

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's definatelty going to take some getting used to... Knowing that we wont hear the excitement in his voice.. .. the devotion.. and dedication he had..

I think alot of people misunderstood his message... He showed that, alot of animals that had been demonized, like snakes, crocodiles, sharks and the sort could be very warm creatures, that they had a softer side to them and needed our help and protection..

Steve once said the he seems like Australians viewed him as an "Embaressment".. Which is not the case at all.. Steve.. You're a national treasure.. You were never an Embaressment to Australia... Truth be told, you were probably the greatest Australian to ever live.. A gift to the world.. An Educator to people everywhere.. And a friend to millions of people who had never met you..

We'll remember your excitement, devotion, will and passion for your work, your family and your animals.. You died doing what you loved to do... You'll be missed dearly, but never forgotten..

Goodbye Steve RIP my friend..

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is a video of it happening, but I think it's being closely held by the family and production crew and will only be released at a later time if the family agrees to it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join