It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand Up if you hate Man U

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Great thread, Im 24 years old and whilst I was growing up in primary school most people were Liverpool supporters now this didnt make any sense as I live in Slough. But everyone supported them because they were successfull. then came the premiership and suddenly it spawned an army of man u supporters they are all just glory hunters that is why I hate Manchester United, why cant everyone be like me and support Arsenal

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm a Celtic fan and always have been, but my hate for Man Utd has increased after the champions league game at Old Trafford. As always, they got a penalty for a player tripping up, and then the remarks that Alex Ferguson made after the game. He said that Man Utd could have easily scored 10, well so could Celtic! They also get way too much media attention!

pffff...so bitter all of you...let it go..let it go.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Great thread, Im 24 years old and whilst I was growing up in primary school most people were Liverpool supporters now this didnt make any sense as I live in Slough. But everyone supported them because they were successfull. then came the premiership and suddenly it spawned an army of man u supporters they are all just glory hunters that is why I hate Manchester United, why cant everyone be like me and support Arsenal

Nice one mate! Made me feel a bit of a because Gooners are Gonners and we're Gunna win the Premeirship - again!

What you Gooners gonna do when the London True Blues beat ya to the top slot - again?!

Arw ya Gunner
down before the True Pride of London?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well Fritz how come Ive never seen anyone wearing a chelsea shirt before the one shown below.
Ill tell you why its because Chelsea are the new Man U, well their supporters are the new glory hunters anyway

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Well Fritz how come Ive never seen anyone wearing a chelsea shirt before the one shown below.
Ill tell you why its because Chelsea are the new Man U, well their supporters are the new glory hunters anyway

Really my friend? I am a true Blue fan and have been for 47 years. People like me, who have supported Chelsea from an early age, have obviously changed our dress sense, after all, we are in our 50's.

Seriously though, you do make a valid point about hangers on and no doubt if Chelsea ever get relegated
, they would probably jump ship.

Imagine my situation:

I work for the RGBW-LI TA here in Gloucester. There are two ardent Liverpool fans, one
West Ham fan and the CSM is
bonkers because he supports Leeds!

When I occaisionally wear my CFC shirt, they all kind of go quiet, then join forces and slag me off. Utter
, the lot of 'em.

The rest don't count because they all support Gloucester's Cherry and Whites who play with odd shaped balls. Outrageous!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
ha ha you might be about the third 'REAL' chelsea fan that I have come across the rest are all glory hunters. As for Arsenal I really hope they pull their heads out the sand, they used to play some lovely football.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ahem...(coughs)....

Newcastle.....nada,

United 1.

Top of the premiership where we belong.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

Imagine my situation:

I work for the RGBW-LI TA here in Gloucester. There are two ardent Liverpool fans, one
West Ham fan and the CSM is
bonkers because he supports Leeds!

Give the CSM a bwahahahahaha! BOING! BOING! from me please! And thank him and the whole of the Leeds team for their help in providing us poor suffering Baggies with one of the best performances the Hawthorns has seen in quite a while. Not even that idiot Rob
Stiles could rob us of that one! Oh, and when that penalty went wide I haven't laughed so hard for ages!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Stiles could rob us of that one! Oh, and when that penalty went wide I haven't laughed so hard for ages!

lmfao!...i saw that game.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

ha ha you might be about the third 'REAL' chelsea fan that I have come across the rest are all glory hunters. As for Arsenal I really hope they pull their heads out the sand, they used to play some lovely football.

So, Arsenal used to play lovely football did they?

Mmmmmmmmmm - I must have blinked, because I missed that!

You said 'used to play' lovely football. Does this mean what I think it does?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Ahem...(coughs)....

Newcastle.....nada,

United 1.

Wow! On goal difference! We all
down in awe of your goal difference!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We have a simliar situation in most professional sports here the USA where one team tends to dominate the sport for a long period of time. We call it a sport "dynasty". In American Football , it's the Dallas Cowboys. the team the media loves and the other teams fan hate. In baseball, it's the New York Yankees. In basketball, it was the LA Lakers. Americans are usually multisport fans. From what I saw in the UK, you couldn't pay enough money a cricket fan to watch football match. I attended one soccer game in Norwich while I was in the UK and a riot broke out. This seldom happens at American professional sports games. I think its because we're much further apart than you guys in the UK.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I think its because we're much further apart than you guys in the UK.

yeah football & piss-ups at the weekends is a massive part of our culture
...football is drilled into us at birth, me i was born wearing a manchester united shirt

i think though as much as people hate manchester united we have never been arrogant about our sucess.

. arsenal win the league once - 'the untouchables'
. chelsea - all europe hate them, (not just england) - its how they do their business, their bigheaded manager/tapping-ups/bungs/roman abromovic/john obi mikel/paying over the odds for players (basicly destroying football)

at least when manchester united win we lift the trophy (thats it), we don't brag & brag & brag as much as the other clubs.

i think the press have a lot to do with the hatered towards manchester united aswell, (classic example), manchester united lose 2 games headlines ^end of the fergie era^ front and back pages.

arsenal lose 2 games, it doesn't even make the back page
- newspapers defend london clubs because all the papers are printed in london therefore most writters support those london clubs...

even the football commentators (especially radio 5 commentary)
they really HATE united with a passion (pulling down the players/fans etc), its all arsenal/chelsea THIS arsenal/chelsea THAT.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

at least when manchester united win we lift the trophy (thats it), we don't brag & brag & brag as much as the other clubs.

well said dude...

excellence kind of speaks for its self.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Ahem...(coughs)....

Newcastle.....nada,

United 2.

Ole, Ole ole ole, Ole, OLE!

:w:

Whatever happens, it's a better title race on the horizon already. I just wonder if Liverpool and Arsenal can be bothered this year

But fair play to Arsenal, with van Persie and Fabregas they've got potential.

Liverpool on the other hand.....They've got Gerrard, Bellamy the Naughty Hobbit, Fat Jaffa the Tinkerman and some well dodgy defenders. I pity the fool that supports liverpool

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As for me...

Being the lone West Ham fan here, and an American no less.

Granted, I'm a new fan. Since the '02 season. The instant I saw Di Canio play, did it for me.

My brothers on the other hand, are Man U. fans. One's good about it though, but the other sucks about rubbing it in.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o

me i was born wearing a manchester united shirt

In certain circles that's tantamount to child abuse - never mind I'm sure you'll see the light one day.

S
CTID

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o

arsenal lose 2 games, it doesn't even make the back page
- newspapers defend london clubs because all the papers are printed in london therefore most writters support those london clubs...

[edit on 2-10-2006 by st3ve_o] [/quot]

this is a new conspiricy theory newspapers and football teams maybe abramovich has got the sun on his payroll

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

In certain circles that's tantamount to child abuse - never mind I'm sure you'll see the light one day.

You sir are a naughty, naughty boy.

Say that again and i'll put you over my knee.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Liverpool hopefully will dent utd's title ambitions next weekend and get our own back on track.
Its a marathon not a sprint and we're still in October.
Aresnal,Chelsea and united all have to come to anfield, dont rule anything out.
Come on you reds!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join