It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand Up if you hate Man U

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Having been born in Münich i too will stand up as an FC Bayern Münich fan and say that I dont like United either

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Fett Pinkus]

Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact your best player is desperate to join us, would it?

Im glad he left actually
The last year he wasnt doing much for us anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have to hold my hands up and declare that I am a Chelsea fan. I am 54 this October, and have supported the 'Blues' since I was 6 years old.

I have supported this club through our glory years and through the years of utter despair and desperation when Forrest used to regularly thrash my club 6 or 7-0.

I remember when our debts - caused by building the old East Stand, almost brought Chelsea to liquidation until Ken Bates took control.

Then, suddenly, we had Ruud Guillit, 'Franco' Zola and Gianluca Vialli. What a breath of fresh air through English football. Incidentally, 'Franco' Zola is still the all time favourite Chelsea player.

Everybody was happy, 'cause we all still hated Man U, though Arsenal were seriously a close second whilst those clowns at 6 Point Lane hardly mattered.

Along came Roman Abramovich and his billions. That's when the balance of power shifted in English football and those in control of the game, Dein to name but one, started to voice concerns about 'foreign' players and clubs being limited to how many they could employ or field. This from a chairman whose team once fielded a team of foreigners without a single British player.

It is jealousy that now fuels the so called 'hatred' between the tops clubs and Chelsea. Yes Abramovich's billions gave CFC the power to purchase top flight footballers, but it was Claudio Ranieri that tried to make individuals play as a team.

Now we have Jose Mourino - probably the most hated coach/manager in the UK, because like Wenger and Ferguson, he always sticks up for the players - the manager's first duty.

But it is the manager or coach that picks a team, gets them to play together like a team, and hopefully produces a winning team.

That my friends, is why my beloved Chelsea has become the target for 'hatred'. We have dared to win the Premiership not once, but twice, in succession!

Never been done before by any CFC team in our 100 year history. Champion's League may still be beyond us - if our current form is anything to go by, but who knows.

Foreign investers are good for our game and let's face it, the FA does very little to enhance the reputation of English football with the Wembley fiasco and their 'not so secret plans' to sell off their much vaunted Footballing Academy.

So I say to you all, hate us as much as you want. Time will tell if foreign money at Man U, Liverpool and now apparently West Ham will talk. I hope so, and in all honesty, I wish you all well in your futures, whatever they may be.

CFC - ALL THE WAY. TRUE BLUES ALWAYS STAY BLUE.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Now we have Jose Mourino - probably the most hated coach/manager in the UK, because like Wenger and Ferguson, he always sticks up for the players - the manager's first duty.

Mourino...?...personally i really admire the bloke, i always love listening to what he has to say...so confident and always proffesional, mainly i admire his down to earth attitude towards the game.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Optimus, I too admire him.

I am of the opinion that his methodology in preparing Chelsea for each and every match. By that I mean he prepares the team for each and every opponent, however differant they may be.

I don't mean just by playing the standard 4-4-2 or whatever, but by his attention to detail - how the opposition plays, their strengths and [to him at least] their apparent weaknesses.

By doing this week in/week out he has, in my opinion, managed to take a team of highly skilled individuals and forged them into a team to be reckoned with.

Of course the groundwork was laid by Claudio Ranieri and Chelsea owe him a great debt of gratitude, despite his chopping and changing whenever the mood took him. I think that had Claudio not chopped and changed the team during the Champions League, we could have gone on to win it.

But with Jose, we've won the Premiership at last.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

Mourino...?...personally i really admire the bloke, i always love listening to what he has to say...so confident and always proffesional, mainly i admire his down to earth attitude towards the game.

You can't be serious. He strikes me as arrogant. Anyways,i'm hoping CFC this season will be like Real Madrid of last season.(too many stars, can't gel etc)

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio

You can't be serious. He strikes me as arrogant. Anyways,i'm hoping CFC this season will be like Real Madrid of last season.(too many stars, can't gel etc)

You could well be right.

I mean let's face it, that's what people were saying for the season 2004-5 and 2005-6 and we won the Premiership back to back, so if that's not gelling, then I don't know what is!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

You could well be right.

I mean let's face it, that's what people were saying for the season 2004-5 and 2005-6 and we won the Premiership back to back, so if that's not gelling, then I don't know what is!

Mate your team's situation is different this season.You have already lost a game no?
Makelele is crucial to chelsea but Ballack needs to play, Lampard surely must, Essien is too expensive to be on the bench as is Wright-Phillips and what about Robben and Cole?
2 strikers means only 4 in midfield and with no wingers the team loses pace and most of chelsea's attacking was from the wings last season even if hat's not where most of their goals came from. I didn't say you weren't gonna win the prem just that I hope you won't.
Walk on, Walk on...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I didn't say you weren't gonna win the prem just that I hope you won't. Walk on, Walk on...

Liverpool derby?

(ahem)....Liverpool 0....(a big fat zero)

Everton 3!!!!!!

walk on..walk on......er?..walk on home.

LMFAO!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
as i Chelsea supporter, i find the Liverpool result pretty hilarious *giggles*

Charlton as the Bridge today..should be an easy win.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I didn't say you weren't gonna win the prem just that I hope you won't. Walk on, Walk on...

Liverpool derby?

(ahem)....Liverpool 0....(a big fat zero)

Everton 3!!!!!!

walk on..walk on......er?..walk on home.

LMFAO!!!

Damn you Optimus
ya beat me to it.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by fritz]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
its quiet around here eh?

(points at liverpool supporters as tumble weed blows through)

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
hang on a second?.....

by jove!

another win for the true reds.

MUFC...1

SPURS...0

stand up if you love manchester united and you won today!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
:w: Damn blues:w: Everton result was a fluke(God that was awful). Everton supporters having a field day with it though. Makes me
If only we could play as bad as manU and still win 1-0:w:
:shk:

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Elijio]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have to admit, i was amazed by the skill Reina showed as a goalkeeper, throwing a ball directly into an attacker is such a skill to master

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

If only we could play as bad as manU and still win 1-0

well unfortunatley you didnt...and as you know...points make prizes!

wave bye bye to that illusive premiership title.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I have to admit, i was amazed by the skill Reina showed as a goalkeeper, throwing a ball directly into an attacker is such a skill to master

:bnghd:that was one of our worst games in recent memory but I recall some howlers for manu last season and even chelsea. We'll see how things pan out over the next few months don't start celebrating yet mates:w:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It's just a shame no Arsenal supporters are in the thread, they are looking even more pathetic than Liverpool :shk:

But Reina yesterday....well, you won't be catching up with Portsmouth with a keeper like that

Now we just have to wait for Chelsea to catch up with Everton and Portsmouth so we can have a proper race, don't want to be running away with it too early do we

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
:bnghd:that was one of our worst games in recent memory but I recall some howlers for manu last season and even chelsea. We'll see how things pan out over the next few months don't start celebrating yet mates:w:

None of our howlers were as bad as Reina...he is in a league of his own (the only league Liverpool will win)

Liverpool are going to get a spankin' at the Bridge

[edit on 10-9-2006 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Another lose for Liverpool, kiss goodbye to the league now

and United eh? *s'n-word's*

its a great day to be Chelsea fan

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm a Celtic fan and always have been, but my hate for Man Utd has increased after the champions league game at Old Trafford. As always, they got a penalty for a player tripping up, and then the remarks that Alex Ferguson made after the game. He said that Man Utd could have easily scored 10, well so could Celtic! They also get way too much media attention!

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join