It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Training Camp Raided In UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Fourteen men were arrested in south London by antiterrorist police. The arrest is part of an investigation into a network of terrorist training camps in Britain. The men are being questioned in regard to laws which ban the glorification of acts of terrorism. There is suspicion that there is mentor figure who is radicalizing and training young men in preparation for terrorist acts. The suspected training camp is on a private school grounds which spans fifty-four acres and nine students. Seventeen homes were also raided as part of the same investigation.

www.guardian.co.uk
The men were among 14 arrested on Friday as part of an investigation into an alleged network of terror training camps in Britain which include the lakeland spot and the grounds of the Jameah Islamiyah school in East Sussex.

They are being questioned under controversial new laws which came in this year banning the glorification of acts of terrorism, amid suspicion that among the 14 there is a mentor figure who is radicalising and training young men in preparation for terrorist acts.

The Guardian revealed last month that the security services were monitoring a group of up to 20 suspects, some with known terrorist connections, taking part in outdoor training in the Lake District and elsewhere.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At this point the only information this story reveals is that the men have been arrested and are being questioned. But I do think this points to the ability of terrorists in the world to set up training centers. All in really takes to set up a training center in a target country is money, and the person willing to do the work. The terrorists who come from the oil rich countries, or are being supports by a state, lack neither money, nor a volunteer. It will be interesting to see what comes of all this, but it may be a very long time before we get any of the information. The infestation on the private school may last for weeks.

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.washingtonpost.com
news.scotsman.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
charges brought over latest uk terror raids
confusion over UK terror warning
Putin Exposes US-UK Terror Strategy

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hear is another thred on the topic of Terror.
The arrest in London makes me wonder about how wide spred the network is. And as I said above, I do feel there is many more like what was raided in many free countries of the world, but this thred does cast some doubt on that.
All information is good, so hear it is

Analass On Terror Arrests, Prosecution

new topics

join