It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over China - suddenly disappears - August 17 2006 (great quality)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Rich? You're KIDDING right? As prolific a poster as I find you...Engaging responses at EVERY turn, YOU think THIS footage IS real?

Dude...THIS throws most of your credibility out the window.

...Hands you your tinfoil hat back...

...dang. I was IN your corner too...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
One would also expect the disc to be in roughly the same focus as the building, or better. It's real fuzzy, most likely due to poor masking.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Amazing how changing the focus never effects the "object".

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Funny how some of these guys are qouted over and over to the point people believe they are more than the loons they must be.

ANYBODY HOPING this IS the real deal IS a TOOL.

Well sorry for posting something I thought would be of wider interest to the members here. I thought it was against the ATS terms and conditions to riducule, abuse and name-call.

Phil Schneider again eh? Can't say he is my knowledge expert lol.

Please reveal exactly what you know about Phil Schneider. Have you seen each and every lecture captured on videotape and absorbed what he had to say? Until you can say with assurance that you have enthusiastically watched a few Phil Schneider presentations on Google Video, you have no claim to being a knowledge expert on Phil Schneider. Sure, he said himself, you shouldn't believe everything he has to say (in that you should wear your 'skepticles'), but he was an American hero with absolutely no reason to be a flat-out liar with 13 attempts on his life that calendar year to continue on his lecture tour, well common sense tells you the information he presented was somewhat *sensitive* (to put it lightly).

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
awesome vid! it looks like the instant just before they set some sort of coordinates and shoot thru time?. i wonder if anyone can post other frames than the one posted by (btw thx) lbennie.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thank you, Jritzmann and Rand, this is the kind of considered response I was after. None of this ear-bashing. Not all of us are photographic experts, so there's no need to be so harsh.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Well sorry for posting something I thought would be of wider interest to the members here. I thought it was against the ATS terms and conditions to riducule, abuse and name-call.

That was a generalization. I WASN’T pointing fingers Mr. Sensitive. Get a bigger monitor or a better video card and maybe you’ll see exactly what I’m referring to. This MIGHT NOT be the ‘holy grail’ everyone had hoped for. BUT thanks for the post!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just bought a new asus lcd screen and I have it set to medium resolution with little contrast or brightness and there is a serious pixel difference in a definite rectangular shape all around the ufo. It's obviously been cut out and added to the video in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
I just bought a new asus lcd screen and I have it set to medium resolution with little contrast or brightness and there is a serious pixel difference in a definite rectangular shape all around the ufo. It's obviously been cut out and added to the video in my opinion.

THANKS YOU Mr. Probed! AND sorry to hear about your luck with the Greys.

They TRIED to take me away, BUT I resisted, and was BOUNCED back onto my bed from ceiling height ONLY to have had my (EX) wife, run FRANTICALLY in a panic, thinking an earthquake had occured....IN Pennsylvania no less....LOL

Those moments changed my life forever.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
here is a link to 3 frames of the film as it vanishes.

www.upshizzle.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Originally posted by jritzmann
One would also expect the disc to be in roughly the same focus as the building, or better. It's real fuzzy, most likely due to poor masking.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Amazing how changing the focus never effects the "object".

That's the final nail in the coffin!! How come the saucer is not blurred even when the buildings are out of focus? Can anyone answer this? If there's a valid explanation to this technical 'snag', then you've got your saucer!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't buy it.

I think that technology is giving us better fakes, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The last 5 seconds look unreal, but comparing the perspective of the Ufo compared to the foreground makes it look like it was computer generated.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
looks like the object has low cloud cover (very overcast) between itself and the video camera - could be a reason for the bluriness no matter what the focus on forground

also pixelation difference around the borders of the "craft" is due to the video compression, not tampering (although i am not saying it has not been tampered with), as far as i know video compression works by compressing the parts on the video with movement/or colour difference, hence the outline is more pixelated than other areas.

these are just possible reasons to the questions above - for i am skeptical about this one too

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoochies
Get a bigger monitor or a better video card and maybe you’ll see exactly what I’m referring to. This MIGHT NOT be the ‘holy grail’ everyone had hoped for. BUT thanks for the post!

I have an SLI gaming rig and Dell 24" widescreen here so I have no problem getting a visual handle on this, thank you. If you look at my second post, I do point out that I do see the 'cutout' outline around the craft, but that alone is not enough to convince me it is fake, for it could just be a byproduct of the colour difference and the compression, as explained above. DivX movie rips for instance, are like that and if you use something like Gordion Knot, you can tweak the settings to alter the way it handles the compression.

How come the saucer is not blurred even when the buildings are out of focus? Can anyone answer this? If there's a valid explanation to this technical 'snag', then you've got your saucer!

I have a possible explanation for this, but many of you are not going to like it. It will once again involve temporarily suspending your disbelief! I'm no expert on stealth technology, but could it be that the saucer was caught on film while say 30% cloaked / transparent? Hence why no amount of focusing in will have any effect on the smudged quality - because it's about as 'solid' as the sky it's residing in. How about that?!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have to say I'm amazed at the heat generated by this movie, and the speed with which everyone's prepared to jump to conclusions. Snoochies, if you look at my post, you'll find I said "IF" it's real and that I was "pretty" convinced. Not perhaps the ringing endorsement that you took it for.

I remain open-minded on this. It's possible that apparent distortions of the image are the product of the propulsion system of the ufo itself. I don't know, and I'm happy with my uncertainty.

It does look pretty cool, either way.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoochies

They TRIED to take me away, BUT I resisted, and was BOUNCED back onto my bed from ceiling height ONLY to have had my (EX) wife, run FRANTICALLY in a panic, thinking an earthquake had occured....IN Pennsylvania no less....LOL

Those moments changed my life forever.

Thanks for sharing that Snoochies, it's truly bizarre.

Originally posted by lbennie

also pixelation difference around the borders of the "craft" is due to the video compression, not tampering (although i am not saying it has not been tampered with), as far as i know video compression works by compressing the parts on the video with movement/or colour difference, hence the outline is more pixelated than other areas.

That's something I had not thought of so I went to this site and watched various videos of different planes in flight and there was no pixel distortion or difference in the outlines of the planes. But the ufo has a large rectangle around it with expanded/distorted pixels, so something has magnified an entire rectangle and not just the outline of the ufo. It looks like they have cut out a rectangular shape with a tiny ufo in the center and enlarged it, and the original pixels have been enlarged also so they don't match the pixels on the video. I could be wrong but why would all the other flying objects have no pixel distortion or enlargement?

[edit on 4-9-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
awesome, an alien even happened on my birthday,or cgi event

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow interesting, i'm indifferent on this one though.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
it is a fake

why ?

because the " compression artefacts " you would expect from resizing a screen shot of the

a random section of sky mutates into a series of regular squares [ akin to a chess board ] - thats a pretty normal thing to see on screen caps of video footage

but around the " saucer " -- you can clearly see a defined rectangle - and as yu enlarge , its obvious that the " noise " inside the box is so clearly different to the " noise " outside the box -- it can onlt be a cut n paste job

do try this @ home kids -- it really is that obvious

sorry folks , thanks for playing

PS -- kudos to the member who pointed out that the focus of the " bjject doesnt change either

and a sarcastic jibe at those who said " it is genuine " -- wtf were you thinking ? exercising a bit of skepticism will not kill you -- and ocften saves embarrasement

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just watched more of the plane videos and some of them had some types of distortion around their outline. But there wasn't the definite rectangle shape with corners around the entire plane just the basic plane shape outline.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join