It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who agrees with Iran?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by deioces

Originally posted by crowpruitt
donk,if you agree with Iran so much maybe you should turn to islam,buy a camel and move there.

you my friend are a moron.good day.

We will not have any of this on this forum. It counts for both of you.
I apologize,I was out of line.sorry donk.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We all want to live in peace right???
How about we all have the right to defend our homelands with whatever means necessary?? If the Iranian president feels threatened that his country is gonna be taken over or invaded to be reformed like the western world wants it, and he doesn't want that to happen, I feel he has every right to make any type of resistance, even if it means to make nukes. I personally was never aware that the UN chose the US and UK as the POLICE of the world that would bring some order into the countries behaving badly. Well, somebody did. because all of a sudden whatever the US, and UK say is absolute, and all countries either have to be with them, or their relations will be affected. Ohh and ofcourse anyone who gives the (enemy)some slack example: Iran, Iraq Afhganistan, Japan, Vietnam etc.. will be considered an enemy too.
W. T. F. !!!!, and my biggest question here is: Why the heck is the US, a country that really is in no threat from an inland attack of those countries, doing the job for ISRAEL?? Someone here already mentioned that if Iran produces Nukes they wont be able to reach the US so that alone should take the nuke worries out of the picture, and also to be the #1 reason to invade iraq. If Israel or anyone close to Iran or those Islamic countries feels threatened, let them defend themselves, let them DO whatever they wanna do to feel safer. Why the hell is the US and UK doing the job for them?! Why should anyone? What do they owe to israel to make them go and die for them>>>/? I would say let israeli worries, and wars to the israelis, they have an army they can fight. Oh but maybe I'm forgetting something, there may be some bussiness (OIL) interests for the US and UK in the middle east, that's why they are sticking their fingers in there.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by bartholomeo]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
I have to say that the response to this thread is, in general, living down to my expectations.

For the people who ask "why doesn't the op go and live in Iran?" - is this supposed to be a rational debate, or a slugfest? Is this the kind of debating tactic you learn on Fox News? George Carlin's right. The US educational system is poor because the owners of your country don't want well-informed citizens who can engage in critical thinking - they want people smart enough to be obedient workers, but not smart enough so they can "sit around the kitchen table and figure out that there's a big, red-white-and-blue **** being rammed up their *******s every day". And most of the posts here demonstrate the success of this strategy.

I've been trying to say this to many people but I just couldn't for fear that it might offend them, but unfortunately it is the sad truth that no one is willing to accept we are all obedient workers who just care about getting a good paycheck, and yes Im including myself here. The system has really reached out, and touched us.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by bartholomeo]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
Who? The USA? I dont think they deserve nuclear arsenal at all! Thats very scary knowing they are "allowed" and no one else is.

Considering that nukes were invented in the USA, I would imagine that we have EVERY right to them. If you invented them, then you would have the right, but we invented it first. The technology had to be stolen before others could make them.

Granted, the invention is a Fankenstein's monster, but we gave birth to it and even gave it a name (unlike Fankenstein). We were the first in the 20th century to bring critical mass to a small piece of desert in New Mexico.

All the other countries have wanted a piece of the mushroom cloud pie ever since.

If anyone deserves to own it, we do. We are its creator.

Iran saying that they want nukes for electric power is like saying that the Sahara wants nukes to make sand. They want nukes to become the Persian empire they once were. No less.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo

We all want to live in peace right???
How about we all have the right to defend our homelands with whatever means necessary?? If the Iranian president feels threatened that his country is gonna be taken over or invaded to be reformed like the western world wants it, and he doesn't want that to happen, I feel he has every right to make any type of resistance, even if it means to make nukes. I personally was never aware that the UN chose the US and UK as the POLICE of the world that would bring some order into the countries behaving badly.

Nukes are not a defensive weapon, purely ofensive.
Although I am not an xpert on the workings of the UN, I belive when a decishen is made to use military the countries invalved may or may not send it the troops. So it comes down to who ever has the stomach for it sends the troops in.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If Iran wants to 'legally' make nukes all they have to do is give 60 or 90 days notice and then withdraw from the NPT. Otherwise Iran has to allow the IAEA to perform inspections.

If Iran was not hiding anything why are they blocking the IAEA?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006
i don't think he said "wipe israel of the map" he said wipe the zionist regime of the map, translation: regime change.

Some in his regime tried to claim the same and they got fired for it. The facts say otherwise, the regime sponsored murals and speeches and rallies which call for "the destruction of Israel" and "the destruction of the U.S." says differently....

[edit on 6-9-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted by ferretman2

If Iran wants to 'legally' make nukes all they have to do is give 60 or 90 days notice and then withdraw from the NPT. Otherwise Iran has to allow the IAEA to perform inspections. If Iran was not hiding anything why are they blocking the IAEA? [Edited by Don W]

The Iranians have had several bad experiences with the US. First, we overthrow what many of them call the only democratically elected government Iran ever had, in 1953, and installed the Shah on the Peacock Throne. In1979, they finally overthrew the Shah peacefully. They wanted him back - like we have given Saddam to Iraq - to stand trial for ordering the torture and murder of so many Iranians, and for looting the treasury. When he came to the US, the Iranians captured our Embassy and you know the rest of that story. We still refuse to have diplomatic relations with Iran. But we claim to be a super power. How can we be a super power if we won’t talk to other countries? That was 27 years ago.

Then came the USS Vincennes. Our cutting edge missile cruiser. On July 3, 1988, we shot down IR655 an Airbus 300, killing all on board. 290 people. 38 were non-Iranians and for those interested in “innocents” there were 66 children. Instead of owning up to the blunder, we blamed it on the Iranians. Say hello Tonkin Gulf. So that is in the Iranians memory. 18 years ago and still no apology and no payments as are ordinarily due in such cases. What did we say about the Russians when they downed KAL700? See en.wikipedia.org...

Iran has its Middle East strategy. Iran is the most populated country in the Middle East. It has a strategic location. Pakistan on one border, Iraq on the other, and it shares the Caspian Sea with Russia. Although the Iranians resist being categorized as Arabs, it is true if you can speak Farsi you can understand Aramaic. I have also heard from reliable sources that the DNA of a Persian is the same as that of any Arab. The distinction may be much more cultural than biological. And you have the religious angle, although that is not paramount as we seem to think. Shia are to Islam as Catholics are to Christianity, whereas Sunni are to Islam as Protestants are to Christianity. The Shia enjoy their saints, and love the Ayatollah. The Sunni are content to have The Book and do employ mullahs but don’t gravitate towards a chief priest or bishop. For whatever that’s worth.

Iran finds rather distant Syria its natural ally against the United States. Syria is still smarting over the loss of the Golan Heights in 1967, to Israel. 39 years ago. It was Bush43 in what he must have thought was another of his brilliant moments who ordered the Syrians out of Lebanon in 2005, which they obeyed, and then Hezbollah expanded exponentially into what we witnessed for 34 days of hell raising by the IDF as if in our old Vietnam Free Fire Zone mood.

So, it is no wonder that Iran, the #3 oil exporting nation, sees itself in the catbird seat watching Bush43 reenacting the Chandler Harris telling of the slave’s story about B’rer Rabbit - B43 - and Tar baby - Iraq.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No matter how many times people post sources that show this as incorrect, you just keep coming back to it, don't you? And I don't see any source for your claim, either.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad calls for university purge

www.cnn.com...

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's hard-line president urged students Tuesday to push for a purge of liberal and secular university teachers, another sign of his determination to strengthen Islamic fundamentalism in the country.

With his call echoing the rhetoric of the nation's 1979 Islamic revolution, Ahmadinejad appears determined to remake Iran by reviving the fundamentalist goals pursued under the republic's late founder, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Yes...Iran is a free country.....

Ahmadinejad's call was not a surprise -- since taking office a year ago, he also has moved to replace pragmatic veterans in the government and diplomatic corps with former military commanders and inexperienced religious hard-liners.

Iran still has strong moderate factions but Ahmadinejad's administration also has launched crackdowns on independent journalists, Web sites and bloggers.

Yes free country indeed......

"Today, students should shout at the president and ask why liberal and secular university lecturers are present in the universities," the official Islamic Republic News Agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying during a meeting with students.

Yes a free counrty with freedom of ideas........

Now after my scarcastic remarks....I'll leave you to return back to your deliusions that Iran is a 'free' country and president A-mad-islam is not crazy and a dictator.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by ferretman2]

[edit on 6-9-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Donk the only reason America is threatening to invade Iran is because they want to get rid of the dollar for oil and use the euro. If this was to happen and oil was bought using euro's the American economy would collapse. Thats why the US had the democraticaly elected president in 53 was murdered, he was going to nationalise the oil industry in Iran and throw out BP etc. its not just about getting oil supplies its about securing the gravy train that is the federal reserve they print dollars that cost nothing and get billions back in foreign currency.

All this about nukes etc. is just a smoke screen to con the gullible public in the US/UK. The Iranians want a regime change in Israel so the middle east can be stabalised. Iran is no more a threat to the US than Canada is, there 's 5 million Muslims living in the US they have not been running amok or committing terrorist acts have they. So much for the the Muslim bogey man.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If it was about the oil.....the French and Germans would be for Iran and not against them.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well...

I guess i have been banned as i was hit with a 3000 point deduction (WTF are the points all about anyways) AND i cannot log into ATS with "donk_316"

Guess the Americans who own this board really dont like Iran. Oops.

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Its not a matter of agreeing with iran. My hope is that proliferation of nuclear weapons can be limited as much as possible, but the reality is that the nuclear genie is already out of the bottle and it can not be put back in.

That being said, were I president of iran I would certainly want to have a nuclear deterent to mitigate US aggression toward my country. So while I dont agree very much with irans leadership, I do clearly understand why iran wants nuclear weapons and in this regard I can not fault iran.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Its good to see that ATS has not changed in the months I've been gone.

Its good to see that the membership still hates the United States. That's right, blame America for the problems of the world.

Its good to see that the membership still hates George Bush and the current administration. Blame the Bush Administration for the problems of the world.

Its good to see that hatred is alive and well at ATS!!!!!!!!

It is sad that no one has any solutions. Let's just beat eachother up with nonsense.

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1701
ATS has not changed in the months I've been gone...

Things haven't changed because the US continues its excercise in stupidity and corruption without change. What the hell did you expect?

Bush is either responsible for the condition of the country or he his irresponsible. He is taken the lifestyle of the american middle class down the freaking toilet by funneling the US dollars that could have been used to rebuild the failing economy and dumped them down a never ending black hole labeled terrorism.

The solutions are pretty damn easy, if the government would extract its head from the orfice in its posterior. Im extremely pro-american and I want to see things done to assist americans. I have no idea what the hell you are, but it surely is not pro-american. Some simple solutions:

1. Keep american dollars in the US instead of giving every pissant country on the planet foreign aide and waging war.

2. American National Security

1. Keep our troops home to secure our borders instead of sending them to invade & occupy other countries.

2. Use our troops to search cargo containers entering the country. If the threat of terrorism is real, then this is what you do instead of playing "fear factor" in the media.

3. Use the national guard to assist america during natural disasters such as katrina. The situation in new orleans would have turned out much better if the guard wasn't on a crusade in the ME.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hey DF1

My post was meant to be sarcastic. I have not posted here on ATS since May 06.

Don't insult me before you know me. From reading the above posts i have to assume that this site is still dedicated to all those who hate the US.

The majority of posts are Anti-american.

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1701
The majority of posts are Anti-american.

What a crock of BS. I don't agree at all.

The majority of the posts are anti the current US regime because the actions of this regime is anti american and the people are getting more and more PO'd. America is its people, it is not elected officials. I don't see very many posts against the american people. You are utterly deluded if you believe criticism of government officials equates to criticism of all americans.

Imho americans still arent bitching loud enough, but I am becoming more hopeful as the volume is increasing. My comments to you were not intended to be offensive, perhaps you took it that way because hearing the truth burst your little bubble.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Tommy why is it that people such as yourself think that any member commenting on American foreign policy is Anti American. Its a fact that America is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraq's and Afgans yet the people of these countries have not attacked America. So in your mind when people speak the truth you see it as anti American. America currently is the worlds only superpower and shows all the signs of wishing to rule the world, so I dont think it is unreasonable for people to voice their views or critisims of the American position.
I think on the whole that there is nothing wrong with the American people but it is the goverment, the rich and the powerful that are the problem. The greatest threat to any nation and its people is its own leaders and I think the American people are finally seeing through the smoke screen of lies and deceit perpatrated by the goverment. Being a great nation is not about treading on the weak and defenceless or your own people.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here we go,, so Df1 I'm deluded. I didn't call you names.....give me a day so i can respond.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join