It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who agrees with Iran?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
donk_316...there are two parts of me that reply to you.
The normal, guy next door in me doesn't really care if another country wants to build up its military. That guy wonders why the USA feels the need to play international cop and tell other countries what they should and shouldn't do, and also wonders if said countries would really mess with us if we just simply didn't mess with them.
But the soldier in me loves America, and wants any and all possible threats to America eradicated yesterday. The soldier in me has eternal respite for countries that claim they want to see America fail, which Iran has done. And the soldier in me recognizes that enriched uranium has no peaceful use.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes that the Holocaust never happened, and that the Nazis were framed. He also has publicly stated, with much support from his countrymen, that Israel should be wiped off the the earth, and that no Muslim should rest until "the sea runs red with the blood of the Zionists". He also publicly declares that "all western nations should be stomped out", and calls on "fellow Muslims to rise up against the infidels in the west". And then he invites Bush to debate with him.

The contradictory messages sent by the president of Iran have lead me to believe that he is either insane, or bloodthirsty and stupid. I am leaning towards insane, because as the president of his own country, he must realize that a few US bombs dropped on Kharg Island would decimate his economy, as Iran has no other place to refine their oil.

So I can understand what you're saying, but this man's comments cannot be ignored. You cannot dismiss what the president of a country says as "blowing off steam", especially when that president is vowing genocide against nations. What would you say if Bush, or any other US President, were to do the same thing?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by Astygia

You cannot dismiss what the president of a country says as "blowing off steam", especially when that president is vowing genocide against nations. What would you say if Bush, or any other US President, were to do the same thing?

Are you kidding? We're not 'vowing' it. We're doing it! But its not called "Genocide". Its called "Spreading Democracy".

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

You cannot dismiss what the president of a country says as "blowing off steam", especially when that president is vowing genocide against nations. What would you say if Bush, or any other US President, were to do the same thing?

Are you kidding? We're not 'vowing' it. We're doing it! But its not called "Genocide". Its called "Spreading Democracy".

Thank you. Exactly. So many good points brought up and im glad to see that there is as many "open eyed" people as there is ... others.

How about wiping out a country that is extremist / militant christian?
That imposes THEIR will on every other nation because THEY have the biggest guns?
How about crushing a government so corrupt they have become the laughing stock of the entire world?

The arguments for "wiping out Iran" are the SAME arguments for taking out the USA. Its that simple.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Am I the only one who agrees with Iran?

Let's hope so.
Ahmadinejad is a little nuts and his remark about the zionist regime is well publicized. I have a feeling that right now he probably IS seeking peaceful power plants

total capaicity : (2004) 156.41 TWh
source

total demand : (2004) 147.66 TWh
source

as you can see, that's cutting it pretty close. However, once Iran has the capacity to use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, who says they won't use it for defensive and offensive purposes? Can you really trust this guy?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pardon me?? What does WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE have to do with anything???

Post up a picture of the president. Then we will start poking fun of "curious george".

[edit on 4-9-2006 by donk_316]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think Iran is using it to build a nuclear weapon. But Pakistan has nukes? And they are filled with extremists.

I think Iran is a little too ambitious and wants to be a major regional power. Without nukes you cannot do that. The US wants Israel to be the major power...and so does Israel.

I think taking Saddam out was SO STUPID. The US could have armed Saddam to the teeth and threw Iraq and Iran into a regional skirmish. But no...now it is so f'ed up now.

I don't think Iran wants to nuke anyone, that would just be dumb.

I don't think Iran wants to kill all Jews as Iran has the largest Jewish population out of all Middle Eastern countries minus Israel. And they haven't committed genocides against them. He says he wants Zionists to die. There is a difference.

I don't believe the US should go to war with Iran, as I don't want any more soldiers and innocent civilians to die for geopolitical reasons and pure propaganda.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by donk_316
2nd largest religion IN the USA is ISLAM!

Can you please state your source for this.

The only place I could find that asserted this was an Islamic website. All of the others that had statstics showed Jewish 2nd and Islam 3rd (including the 2000 census).

donk was wrong when he stated that. In fact, there are Christians, Jewish, non-affiliated then Islam, representing less than 1% of the U.S. population.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Your correct. I did get my information from www.islam101.com

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
While I don't approve of many of Iran's policies (not letting women go to football matches--what idiots), their leader is correct that the British/US veto is wrong, and why the hell can't they have the nuclear option when rogue states like Israel have it?

Their leader is also considerably more intelligent than Bush. He is worth 1000 Bush's, and 100 Blairs (who is no idiot, but has sold his people out).

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Donk,

No, you're not the only one who agrees with the former President of Iran's statements.

As far as their nuclear capability, as well as a reply to many of the posters here,
it seems to me that a vast majority seem to believe that the basic premise ascribed by most nuclear wielding countries is peace.

When peace becomes as lucrative and profitable as war, then there will be peace.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm just surprized so many people seem perfectly content with the idea of a radical Islamist state that has pledged the destruction of Israel and America, having weapons that could wipe out an entire city in one swoop. Sure is a risky game you are willing to play for no other reason than your own personal dislike for Bush and Blair. The religious aspect and rhetoric from Iran can't be denied. I'm not real happy about N. Korea having nukes but at least they don't have the underlying religious murder motivations as radical Islam.

Just amazing...either you've chosen to forget history, chosen to ignore reality, or are just so blinded by some misguided hate for Bush that you can't think straight.

Ask yourselves the rhetorical question and be honest, would you feel the same way if Clinton was in the office and handling things the same way?

9/11 was not a single incident. It was just the latest in a LONG string of murderous terror attacked in the name of Alah against the infidels. If you think it was just a singular, insulated event, you are really naive.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
isnt it interesting how their is no evidense of them actually building nuclear weapons or attempting too. but since the media continuously repeats the idea that they do. everyone just goes with what the masses say. americans are a very easily manipulated people. soon they'll be convinced that attacking iran will be the best thing for them and the american war path continues.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Please name one time when Bush has said that all Muslims must die. Or all Jews Must die. Or all >insert culture here< must die.

You may think the war is wrong, that's fine, but don't use that to obfuscate.

RetinoidReceptor
I don't think Iran wants to kill all Jews

excerpt from Ahmadinejad's publication on 10-30-2005
"They say it is not possible to have a world without the United States and Zionism. But you know that this is a possible goal and slogan."

Various Live Quotes

August 4, 2006
"A new Middle East will prevail without the existence of Israel."
(as quoted by Malaysian news agency Bernama website)

August 2, 2006
"Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate cease-fire must be implemented."
(as quoted by Iranian TV)

"Are they human beings?... They (Zionists) are a group of blood-thirsty savages putting all other criminals to shame."
(as quoted by Iranian TV)

October 26, 2005

"Israel must be wiped off the map … The establishment of a Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world . . . The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land."
(In an address to 4,000 students at a program titled, 'The World Without Zionism')

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by Apoc

9/11 was not a single incident. It was just the latest in a LONG string of murderous terror attacked in the name of Alah against the infidels. If you think it was just a singular, insulated event, you are really naive.

You are soooo right. Except the attack was not in the name of Allah but is was against us infidels (taxpayers). And no, I don't think it was just a singular event. But I am asking myself who of us is the more naive?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deioces
isnt it interesting how their is no evidense of them actually building nuclear weapons or attempting too. but since the media continuously repeats the idea that they do. everyone just goes with what the masses say. americans are a very easily manipulated people. soon they'll be convinced that attacking iran will be the best thing for them and the american war path continues.

Yeah, no evidence at all, except for the president himself repeating that they are going to go ahead with their nuclear weapons program.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
HOWEVER...That will be a rock on the road towards globalization, it will delay the plans towards a New World Order, therefore, the powers that be The House of Rothchild and The Illuminati will do anything to introduce them to the New World Order slowly, but surely just like Iraq.

And no there is nobody to complain to, specially the UN since it is controlled by the powers tha be.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by bartholomeo]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo
HOWEVER...That will be a rock on the road towards globalization, it will delay the plans towards a New World Order, therefore, the powers that be The House of Rothchild and The Illuminati will do anything to introduce them to the New World Order slowly, but surely just like Iraq.

And no there is nobody to complain to, specially the UN since it is controlled by the powers tha be.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by bartholomeo]

Again, this is complicated. Who are we to say that no country has the right to arm, and stockpile those arms? What worries me is whether or not they come our way. I could rant about statements and past aggressions all day, but the bottom line for me is what is this guy gonna do if/when he gets 'em?

Complicated, catch-22 situation.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deioces

Actually the statement that there is no evidense of them attempting to build nuclear weapons is not compleatly true. It would be more correct to say there is no proof of them doing so. For a better exsplenation of this statment look hear.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
I'm just surprized so many people seem perfectly content with the idea of a radical Islamist state that has pledged the destruction of Israel and America, having weapons that could wipe out an entire city in one swoop. Sure is a risky game you are willing to play for no other reason than your own personal dislike for Bush and Blair. The religious aspect and rhetoric from Iran can't be denied. I'm not real happy about N. Korea having nukes but at least they don't have the underlying religious murder motivations as radical Islam.

I'm just surprized so many people seem perfectly content with the idea of a radical Christian state that has pledged the destruction of Iran, Iraq and anyone else who gets in the way, having weapons that could wipe out an entire city in one swoop. Sure is a risky game you are willing to play for no other reason than your own personal dislike for Muslims. The religious aspect and rhetoric from America can't be denied. I'm not real happy about N. Korea having nukes but at least they don't have the underlying religious murder motivations as radical Christians...

Do you see my point yet?

Its both sides of the fence screaming the EXACT SAME THING.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316

I'm just surprized so many people seem perfectly content with the idea of a radical Christian state that has pledged the destruction of Iran, Iraq and anyone else who gets in the way, having weapons that could wipe out an entire city in one swoop.

The US is not a radical Christian state.

First give a source to where a competent US official has called for the destruction of Iran/Iraq.

US citizens are not tried under biblical law. The US does not go around and execute homosexuals, which Iran does. We have a separation of Church and State in the very foundations of our government. There is no supreme Christian holy man who has final say over all matters in the US.

Just because the religious right has more power in this administration does not mean we are a "radical Christian state".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join