It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more humble suggestions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm sure some if not all have been addresses somewhere. I haven't read them so I'm just going by what I see and have experienced over the month or so I've been here.

These are in no particular order.

1. In any particular forum thread view I would like to be able to tweak the view per Author (alphabetical), Replies (most to least, least to most), Views (same as Replies).

2. On the same line as above is there anyway to add the start date of the thread to the forum thread view?

3. Updated chat client that doesn't eat posts that are posted at the same time as someone else.

4. When editing a post and adding a URL it will add the URL and delete the rest of the post. Luckily, most of the time the information is in the session and a quick back movement will save it. Basically, to get around it you can put the URL in manually or copy the end product then click back then paste the finished URL tag into the post.

5. When editing a post it will push you back to the last page and not take you to the post. This happens anytime there are more than 1 page. If you edit a post on a second page it will take you back to page one.

6. When clicking on a thread icon (ex.
) there is no way to click it off if you change your mind. Maybe one more option that you can click to make no icon?

7. I like the idea mentioned by someone that you can buy a function in the store to turn off all graphics on the site.

8. I also like the FSME idea. I think that one should definitely be tried.

9. I would also like to hear all of MA's ideas but haven't been able to find the thread for them.

That's it for now. If I come up with any more I'll update this thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by uIVIa
9. I would also like to hear all of MA's ideas but haven't been able to find the thread for them.

Yeah, me too.

I have tended to add my suggestions as I go to existing threads, sometimes I start threads in the XMB Forum, and of late I have added suggestions when they have been solicited.

I got a bit lazy after a while when I thought important practical measures (subsequently implemented) weren't being listened to. Also there were times when I was being deprived of ATS points (5,000 on one occasion, 20,000 on another, 1.5 of them fixed!) when I chased Admin around the Boards trying to get action on those and other isues because I couldn't U2U.

The feedback loop is now much better, we are seeing measures implemented which will directly lift the quality of content and input (and not just add bells and whistles to entertain the soundbite video gaming children), and ATS continues to grow at an exponential rate into one of the most significant forums for the communication of concerned individuals ever witnessed by humankind. Or something.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Regarding all functional issues...

Most are known, others you're not aware of are also known. The base code that runs the board (XMB) is less-than-optimum. But we've added so many modifications, and the database of posts has far exceeded the size that conversion tools will accomodate, we're stuck with this code-base.

The FSME concept will be tested out soon.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Understood. The software/hardware side it tapped out at the moment. Then yes the next logical step would be to upgrade quality by human power. Don't forget to consider me for a FSME position.

Do you think the FSME should be encouraged to cross forum SME when there are subjects in other forums they could be of value too? I was thinking it could be like a nice neighborhood where your neighbors are welcome to stop by any time they like. I know some will say this may start squabbles between FSMEs but that wouldn't be the case. They would have to conduct themselves in the same fashion as mods do. It would also
the quality of posts per forum. And could even bring some high level cross forum subject integrations. Something that is varely seen on the internet.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Dual opteron motherboards are out and there is supporting linux operating systems available.

top topics

join