It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Olde Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What are your favourite books that are old, and by old I mean around or before the renaissance? I think my favourite is Oedipus Rex than probably Henry V. Thats a good play. But whats your faourite book or play or Saga.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I suppose my favourite book has got to be the Old Testament.

I hope you'll agree that it is a rippingly good adventure cum thriller book, where the hero pulls through in the end, and it also has lots of sex and violence.

My favourite play has got to be Romeo and Juliet. That whilly guy Willy Shakespear hit the nail right on it's head with this young love's struggle between people born on both sides of the track.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone read Al-Azif by Abdul Alhazred any more? The mad Arab's book's alternate title, after having been translated into Latin, may be more familiar to the kids: the Necronomicon.

Surely a bestseller of an Olde Book!

And as long as we're listing Shakespeare's plays, my vote for favorite goes to Measure for Measure. It was the blackest of Willie the Shakes dark comedies; besides being really funny, it's full of great insights into human psychology and behavior.

Baack

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Al- Azif? Never heard of it. I did read parts of the Arabian Nights, it was pretty good

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Al- Azif? Never heard of it. I did read parts of the Arabian Nights, it was pretty good

I was joking. It was purportedly the original title for the Necronomicon, the ancient grimoire that HP Lovecraft always referenced in his stories. There actually is no such thing.

Baack

top topics

join