It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easier ways for terrorists to cause fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Their has to be easier ways for terrorists to cause fear and disruption to a counrty.

Their preferred tactic seems to be explosives, but they seem to be alot of trouble to make/get hold of in sufficient quantities to do any REAL significant damage. Dont get me wrong the london tube bombings - madrid etc were bad, but i beleive their as significantly easier ways to comparible destruction and much much greater disruption to the whole country.

Its clearly not appropriate for me to post what i believe these methods would be becuase i dont want to have a chat with the anti-terrorism branch of scotland yard, or give any little kiddies any ideas. What i will say however is that i believe it would be possible for a smnall number of people to cause country wide disruption on an extreamly low budget using materials that when bought would cause absolutely no red flags to be thrown up anywhere.

So to get to my point....
Why do terrorists keep using explosives when surely they must be able to come up with otehr ideas?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Dunno. perhaps because explosives cause massive damage, and destroy property too. And they are relatively easy to make too.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta

So to get to my point....
Why do terrorists keep using explosives when surely they must be able to come up with otehr ideas?

Well if the terrorists stop blowing things up people would soon stop taking them seriously.

As for your other ways "that might attract scotland yard" I can't comment because you have not posted them.

As for the terrorists coming up with other ideas why should they ?There strategy seems to be working ok up to now.

Just my opinion cheers Kuhl

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There are many, myself among them, that believe the terror isn't caused by some psycho mad man from the middle east but is made by those in power in order to garner more power. The more terror they create the more freedoms the people surrender and the stronger they become.

Those people in power find explosives quite easy to get and very handy in creating fear and panic among the populace.

These are just my thoughts on it.

wupy

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
thats almost my point mrwupy. if me an average joe decided one day i wanted to go and cause mayhem, i wouldn't use explosives it just seems like too much work for too little reward.

its probably easier for a government or suchlike to pull out a few lbs of high explosive than it is to do anything else.

the kind of thing im thinking of is like when here in the uk we had fuel blockades protesting at the high price of petrol then the country ground to a hault, no food on the shelves or anything. im not suggesting that any terrorist organisation could possibly get away with anyting on that scale in the same way as the protestors did but i believe if you caused enough fear on the road networks it would have a similarly devistating effect.

i did just type out how i think i could be done, but scrapped it because i read a similar post a while back where an idea for a terrorist attack was put forward and the poor guy got shreadded to bits by nearly everyone for being irrisponsable, so i dont think its wise for me to do it.

join