It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chance for Masonic Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I had the honor this weekend of being asked to join the 'line', the progression of officers in my Masonic lodge.

One of the current officers turned to me and said "Ok, here's your first taste of power..." He then asked me to decide what to serve at our next meeting for refreshments. Funny guy.

It was funny, but this trivial bit got me thinking... Some day I will be the Master of the largest lodge in the state. Yesterday, I had a vote. Next year, I will have a voice. Eventually, I'll be setting the tone.

I immediately thought about the folks on ATS... not so much my fellow masons, but rather the anti-masons and undecided middle ground.

So here is my question to you: what changes would you like to see in masonry, as an outsider? I'm willing to listen. I'm willing to try. It could be something such as 'stop having people act so secretive' or 'put on open exhibition degrees for the public', or 'discourage brothers from posting on message boards', or whatever you want to say.

Keep in mind, this is *one lodge*, and *in the future*... and some things can't be changed... and somethings can't be changed by *just me*... and some of your suggestions I won't agree with.

But I will listen and learn.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
if i refer to the amount of time you spend on ATS, it should prevail to your role in your biggest lodge. and i am sure many brothers will be happy to realise their leader is embodied by a cartoon character.

is there a kabbalistic meaning of your choosing Tigroo character of disney?

gosh...should be hilarious to attend your meetings?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

and i am sure many brothers will be happy to realise their leader is embodied by a cartoon character.

Hasn't bothered them thus far. And I was chosen by folks that know me, so... guess so.

is there a kabbalistic meaning of your choosing Tigroo character of disney?

Actually, the character is 'Hobbes' of the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. The latter takes his name from Thomas Hobbes, a philosopher. I take my posting identity from the same man. The works of said philosopher have particular personal meaning to me, and I would characterize myself as a Deist of Hobbsian persuasion.

gosh...should be hilarious to attend your meetings?

I see... because I have a sense of humor, I therefore take nothing seriously? Good to know...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wow... so that's it? No positive, constructive criticism?

C'mon, folks... you aren't admitting that you come here only to stir up negative sentiment, are you?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Please, the Secret Societies forum is for conspiracy discussion only. You should feel free to talk about mundane aspects of freemasonry in the chit-chat forum on BTS but we ask that you keep it off ATS.

Thanks for understanding.

Thread Closed

top topics

join