It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few observations about the anti-masons here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's been said... it is a favorite sticking point of Jack Chick.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
And who, Hobbes, is Jack Chick. Although it may have all been said before I haven't heard it so please, explain.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Jack Chick is a Fundamentalist Christian, and the cartoonist behind Chick Publications. I will refrain from too much commentary, so that you can experience the phenomenon on your own... but many folks seem to consider him among the worst of the worst of hate-filled, intolerant evangelizers.

My personal favorites, from his work:

The Curse of Baphomet
Dark Dungeons
Fat Cats
The Trick

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I always wondered why they put razor blades in trick or treat candy!!!

OK, not funny, sorry. No commentary from me, either. Pretty over the top. Cheezy.

I look forward to continuing this later.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Rational human beings find it over the top or cheesy... but there are always exceptions.

I was at a gathering of game players... a huge convention of mostly adults sharing their love for childish things. There was a group of religious folks picketing, lecturing passerbys that they needed to repent or they'd burn. They were passing out some of those Chick tracts.

I witnessed them chase after and beat an attendee because he allegedly rolled his eyes at them as he passed by.

Now, that's all in response to *games*. I can only imagine how much worse it could get, if the topic was masonry. There is no doubt in my mind that somewhere, someone would be willing to kill my brothers for some imagined slight.

A poster in this forum suggested that we 'track down illuminati members, and shoot them' before they get the chance to wrong us. Some folks think Masons are the illuminati. It's not hard to imagine some lunatic storming into a lodge hall, and slaughtering a bunch of innocent men, off of such an idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Heh - the idea of there being even one truly innocent man (or woman) in a Masonic Hall strikes me as being unlikely.

But this is a big part of the Us vs Them strategy that is used to control low level Masons like Hobbes here.
Hobbes strikes me clearly as being purely "Blue Lodge" - he really believes that there are vast numbers of "anti-masons" who would actually want to break into a Masonic Hall to "steal their secrets."
To be blunt I try to live as far away from the blighters as possible as do most people that have had run-ins with them, yet they keep popping up everywhere I go.
Obviously I'm such a dangerous threat to them that they need to be pro-active about it huh?
Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
But this is a big part of the Us vs Them strategy that is used to control low level Masons like Hobbes here.

Wow... did you even READ what I wrote?

I've seen the hatred in a few posts here from a few posters at this, and a few other sites. I've seen what a slim minority of hateful people are capable of doing... all I'm saying is that I could see some misguided wretch acting out against the fraternity.

Hobbes strikes me clearly as being purely "Blue Lodge"

I've stated that, myself. Explicitly.

he really believes that there are vast numbers of "anti-masons" who would actually want to break into a Masonic Hall to "steal their secrets."

Nah. I believe that there is a very small number of vocal "anti-masons", probably guys age 15-25, sitting behind dim computer screens, regurgitating something they took hook, line and sinker from some trash web site.

To be blunt I try to live as far away from the blighters as possible as do most people that have had run-ins with them, yet they keep popping up everywhere I go.

To be blunt, from your tales, I think you are delusional.

I'm not attacking you... I honestly think that you should seek professional psychiatric help.

Obviously I'm such a dangerous threat to them that they need to be pro-active about it huh?

We don't think you are a threat to the fraternity. The only thing that might be a threat to the fraternity is the fraternity itself. But, I digress...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join