It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese armoured Vehicles - Third Generation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
All I can say is wow!! I think those that are calling chinese military technology dated or bad in any way are deluding themselves. In all sectors they are effectivelly building low cost solutions to americas high tech advantages....

Like those srbm's based off of artillery rockets and sat guidance. And their anti cruise missile technology that uses high fire rate precision detonating shells to throw out tungsten clouds at exact distances....

The real test of china's intent towards the US is going to be seeing who they sell these new toys to. But overall china has developed an extremelly potent and forward thinking arms industry.

Another one that caught my eye is the speculated passive anti radiation seekers....

In conclusion my personal opinion is that china has watched what works and what doesn't for the past several decades and is engineering their systems based off of lessons learned. They have learned extremelly well and the US would be wise to threaten our own bloated arms conglomerates with the simple expedience of buying from norinco and the like if they don't shape up! We would be getting practical weapons instead of ultra sophisticated feel good wonder weapons....

IT shocks me how poorly the US defense industry pays attention to history. It won world war2 by doing what the chinese are doing now... Building high quality low cost easilly mass produceable weapons. Whereas the germans tried to get ahead by developing ultra sophisticated systems that could never be manufactured in quantities great enough to hold back the deluge.

And that is preciselly what will happen to us if we face the current crop of new chinese systems in the hands of fairly well trained troops... Our overly expensive wonder missile interceptor racks will be dry as the first deluge of DOZENS of missiles hits... at which point we are in trouble...

Man I hope some people at companies in the US are paying attention to what the chinese are doing... we could learn a thing or two

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
ZBD04 Amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle

The ZBD04 is larger than the Type-99 MBT

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wow more garbage from the Chinease Military. The small hummer-wanna-be's would most definitely get stuck in very thin patches of mud. It seems the chinease don't have the off-road terrain to test these vehicles before production

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
The small hummer-wanna-be's would most definitely get stuck in very thin patches of mud.

I hear the hummers do well against Iraqi pea-shooters. A hot knife through butter is a good comparison

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I also want to know what's up with that wicked ugly camoflauge? We would see your 80's looking piles of crap coming miles away lmao with the jaws influenced windows

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I also want to know what's up with that wicked ugly camoflauge?

It helps them survive, unlike the hummers in Iraq

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

I also want to know what's up with that wicked ugly camoflauge?

It helps them survive, unlike the hummers in Iraq

Sorry I was talking about the wicked ugly boats you posted in the other forum

Made in China...

I thought they only made teh stuff we get that cheap but nope looks like that's just how they roll.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, if we are going to dig up old post, I believe this one I wrote a while back is relevant to this thread and others, enjoy . . . it's not exactly overly pro-china!

A World of Paper Tigers, Like China!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So you posted that comment in a completely DIFFERENT thread?.

It doesn't matter if they look ugly, its how effective they are which matters most

I thought they only made teh stuff we get that cheap but nope looks like that's just how they roll.

Considering the crap America makes that is a compliment

Funny you should mention quality. Last time I checked America had a huge trade deficit

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Well, if we are going to dig up old post, I believe this one I wrote a while back is relevant to this thread and others, enjoy . . . it's not exactly overly pro-china!

A World of Paper Tigers, Like China!

Oh, its you the one who "claimed" they could prove I was a communist.

I guess that evidence is not forthcoming still?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Actually we have a trade deficit because production is down. Production is down because we use real materials, and actually pay our employees a fair wage.

Instead we are stupid and buy cheap Chinese crap that comes in our McDonalds kids meals, is made with as much plastic as humanly possible to stamp to the product, and was made at the hands of child labor/ slave labor for pennies an hour.

How dare you defend that type of government?

Back on topic -
Is there even any "off-road terrain" in china where these vehicles could be put to the test? Last time I checked it was heavily overpopulated and filled with peasants because of it. Also, I would like to mention once again that your hummer-wanna-be vehicles look mad cheap. There is a good reason why we don't want to ever buy Chinease made vehicles.

Back to your comment regarding hummers in Iraq - Our hummers destroyed the competition regardless of what your government may be telling you. There was an argument at least 2 years ago regarding the funds to put armor plates on the hummers - but the ones who do have armor plates would absolutely crap on those little tonka toys.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The proof is in the pudding! You are what you post!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The proof is in the pudding! You are what you post!

In other words, you have not proof and your clutching at straws?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Why don't you try to respond to my comment? Probably because I have said it all, and instead you'd rather push out senseless one-line comments to instigate a fact less argument?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Why don't you try to respond to my comment? Probably because I have said it all, and instead you'd rather push out senseless one-line comments to instigate a fact less argument?

Blowfishdl, I agree it is annoying, this guy posts communist china propoganda and than when you question the weapons or his political affliation he immediatly goes to non-sense and child like understanding of the meaning of the english language!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Actually we have a trade deficit because production is down.

ROFL

That is a laugh

GM, Ford apprantly use "real materials, and actually pay our employees a fair wage" and so do the Japanese but you dont see them file for bankruptcy. The Americans spend the most on RnD and yet all they can come up with in car design is to add more paint or make the wheels a little larger, the grill a little wider and the seats a little wider..

How dare you defend that type of government?

Dont put words in my mouth.

A discussion of manufracturing quality does not equate to the discussion on human rights or government.....

Is there even any "off-road terrain" in china where these vehicles could be put to the test?

There sums up your whole argument. You have never been to China, never seem any pictures of China and your talking out of your ass. China is over populated that is true but so is Japan. The majority of the population lives on the East coast while the interior is not as heavily populated as you seem to assume. If you look at Chinas interior where these vechicles will be deployed they are a nessecity in an areas whose roads become the enviroment during different seasons

but the ones who do have armor plates would absolutely crap on those little tonka toys.

Sure they do....

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

So you posted that comment in a completely DIFFERENT thread?.

It doesn't matter if they look ugly, its how effective they are which matters most

Considering the crap America makes that is a compliment

Funny you should mention quality. Last time I checked America had a huge trade deficit

Effective? Whens the last time China fought a war? Last i head Chinese troops got ptsd from the earthquake.

Also they couldn't do the logistics of a 800 peace keeping force in Africa. To have a good military you must fight wars (unfortunately.)

China is pretty unstable too; due to its oppressive nature.

Your comment about hummers, which are transport vehicles not meant for combat. China couldn't invade Iraq if it wanted too.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Maybe wait a little more than 1minute before responding.

Your not the center of my world and I can take as long as I want to respond to the rubbish you post

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Blowfishdl, I agree it is annoying, this guy posts communist china propoganda and than when you question the weapons or his political affliation he immediatly goes to non-sense and child like understanding of the meaning of the english language!

So because you lack any evidence what so ever your bogus claims are worth anything?

Post some evidence first before you throw mud and a temper tantrum

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadjimagnet
Effective? Whens the last time China fought a war?

You mean real wars or wars with little third worlds countries like Iraq to stroke the ego?

Your comment about hummers, which are transport vehicles not meant for combat. China couldn't invade Iraq if it wanted too.

Why would China invade Iraq in the first place?. If Chinese policies included invading sovereign countries then we would spend money on the military to expand our naval capabilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join