It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw "The World Trade Center" movie and I'm pissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just went to see "World Trade Center" with my wife.....just got home. I am so pissed. Five years have passed since then and I just relived it all....and in more detail than I ever had before. I never even knew only 20 people were pulled out of the wreckage alive.

I've learned alot about 9/11 from this site....and I am pissed at our government....and all the scum sucking money-mongers that have been making tons off money off of the bs war that came about as a result of this attack. I'm pissed at our government for allowing it to happen. Hell...the people that run the world WANTED this event to happen...so they could set off a big war and make tons of money off of it. Just like Pearl Harbor.......

Today....I am sick of being an American...and I am embarassed to say that George W. Bush is the president of my country!

I'm sick of it all.....all the lies and all the crap that politics brings...and that greed brings. It's mostly greed. FYGWB!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Wow I have not seen the movie but I hope it affects everyone that way. I figured it would be one more, how great our gov. and President is inspriration junk, they the networks keep making.

BTW CNN is going to show their 9/11/01 coverage all day long on 9/11/06. They said it would be unedited and uncut complete coverage of that day. It should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Unedited and uncut? Hmmmm... my spidey-sense is tingling!

Of course, we won't have any real way of knowing, will we? It will be interesting to see if there's any insertions of the "real story"... I was watching a bit of the Naudin film on Channel 4 last night and there was the scene where they first arrive at the first tower after it had been hit, before the second plane came in... the lobby was a mess... on the voiceover, "we would later discover that jet fuel had cascaded down a lift shaft to cause this damage"... I have my doubts about that, naturally.

As for CNN: a few years ago they had a Larry King (now there's a reptilian if ever I saw one. I don't actually go for that David Icke crap but when I look at Larry I have my doubts, frankly) interview with the last person left alive from the JFK car, the widow of Governor Connolly of Texas.

When it got to describing the crucial moments of the assassination, ol' Lar was just unbelievably careful. He walked her through it step by step pretty much dictating what she was supposed to say and asking her simple "yes or no" questions. The number of shots and which direction they came from was specified to her. I couldn't believe it would be so blatant.

So the idea that there won't be some similar deal going on is rather far-fetched to me, to be honest. Will they show building 7? will they talk about the explosions people heard?

It will, at any rate, prove an effective opportunity to reinforce the fear in the minds of the US public.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I never even knew only 20 people were pulled out of the wreckage alive.

There is a book called "Last Man Out", it is the true story about the firemen and the people with them that survived in that stairwell told by one of the firemen.

Really good book that tells you his story from when the alarm went out, climbing all the stairs, searching for people in the tower, what it was like in the stairwell when the building collapsed, and how shocked they were when they got out of the stairwell and saw the destruction of what was once the Twin Towers.

Don't know why this book didn't get more attention. Really good read.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Rich23 that was their ad, that it is supposed to be unedited, like you I am a bit skeptical, as I also find corporate media more propaganda than anything, they tell small bits and pieces of a story or only tell a portion of the story once it's been all over the BBC and other world news for weeks or months, downing street memo comes to mind.

The thing is CNN has got to know that some people actually had the presence of mind to record it all that day and still hold the tapes, so I am not sure they would try and get away with it. But then if they did few people would notice or care when it is reported they edited a tape, it will all be reported as an error on their part and the mainstream America will believe it because they want to.

You surely do not believe this reptilean stuff do you? I have a weak eye muscle that will sometime allow one of my eyes to wonder off to the left or right and I am not even aware of it when it is happening, but I am sure if you took a picture of my eyes when it is happening many of the people on here who believe in the reptilian race would label me as one simply because of a physical problem I have no control over.

Keyhole if you can get the history channel there is a documentary on these folks that were trapped on the stairs as well. Watch for it if you get this channel, I am pretty sure it will be back on during the week of 911.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by goose]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wow I have not seen the movie but I hope it affects everyone that way. I figured it would be one more, how great our gov. and President is inspriration junk, they the networks keep making.

Understand...it WAS just a movie. But, it brought me back to the event....and I saw a side of it I never saw before. It was rough. Plus just knowing what I do today about the lies behind that event, etc....compared to what I knew at the time made the movie hit home even more.

This didn't need to happen and this hidious war in Iraq needs to end.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

Keyhole if you can get the history channel there is a documentary on these folks that were trapped on the stairs as well. Watch for it if you get this channel, I am pretty sure it will be back on during the week of 911.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by goose]

I saw that that documentary you are talking about. It was good, but the book is a lot better.

The book is really worth reading though if you ever happen upon it in a bookstore, I would recomend it. The book really gives you the sense of what the firemen felt when this was happening and how hard they tried to make sure the building was cleared before they would leave, you really feel the dedication they have for saving the people and for each other.

"Last Man Out" is one of the best books I think I've read.

[edit on 3/9/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ii saw the Documentry on google, the BBC ran the programes a few weeks ago. Very disturbing to watch.

But the heroism of them who risked their lifes to save others, brought a big lump to my throat. And it still does.

But I dont think I will be going to see this movie period.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have watched the World Trade Center & United 93.

Both are remarkable films and show how much our world was impacted that day.

As a film, United 93 was alittle slow moving due to the fact that I believe it was done in real time. In the end, this had a huge effect to understand how everything played out but it was alittle slow to get going. In our world of editing I found myself thinking I wish it would just get to the point. But when it got to the point I was in absolute amazement.

For WTC, I loved every second of this movie. Oliver Stone did a tremendous job on the film and Nick Cage was a great lead in it. The perspective of, Two Men Saw Somethign Else was a brilliant thought. No terrorisism or conspiracy, just pure evil. No indiciations that the buildings collapsed, just what these men went through that day.

WTC would have to be my top movie of the year so far.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pearl Harbor came out of nowhere. It was those lying Japs who bombed us so we went to war with them. Before that even happened we were neutral. We just by chance made money which was a good thing because seriously, would you want to live in a world where you are starving and you cant get no job nor education?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Pearl Harbor came out of nowhere. It was those lying Japs who bombed us so we went to war with them. Before that even happened we were neutral. We just by chance made money which was a good thing because seriously, would you want to live in a world where you are starving and you cant get no job nor education?

?? How about a little help with this one. What are you talking about? We were bombed by the Japs and it was good because we made money? And then you talk about jobs and education?? Sorry I'm lost.....

And BTW...no offense, but...it's hard to read what you say about education when you write "you cant get no job nor education"......Where is the education there? Did the Japs have something to do with your sentence?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Im pointing out that the US didnt use Pearl Harbor as an excuse to make money.

new topics

top topics

join