It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American al Qaeda Leader Sends Message to Americans!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In a video taped address to the world and American's and British in particular Ayman al-Zawahiri appears with American Adam Yehiye Gadahn, a 28-year-old the FBI believes attended al-Qaida training camps in Pakistan and served as an al-Qaida translator.

www.cnn.com
A new videotape has surfaced featuring Osama bin Laden's second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and an American member of al Qaeda wanted by the FBI, according to a counterterrorism expert.

The tape, called "Invitation to Islam," runs 48 minutes, expert Laura Mansfield said. Al-Zawahiri speaks for about 4 minutes on the tape, and the American narrates the rest.

Californian Adam Gadahn, wearing a white robe and turban, introduces the message by calling on Westerners to convert. (Watch how this may be an effort to reach out to the West -- 2:40)

Gadahn says that even Americans working with President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair are invited to embrace Islam, but they should hurry.

"We invite all Americans and believers to Islam, whatever their role and status in Bush and Blair's world order," Gadahn says. "Decide today, because today could be your last day."

Mansfield, who is a writer and corporate adviser on the Middle East, Islam and terrorism, said the time reference could indicate an attack is near. Muslims believe that non-believers should be given a chance to convert before they are attacked, Mansfield said.

This may well be a warning," she said.

The only indication of when the tape was made is a reference to the recent fighting between Hezbollah and Israel, which ended August 14.

Gadahn, also known as "Azzam the American," previously has been featured in al Qaeda tapes and is listed as armed and dangerous by the FBI on its Web site.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Little is known about the Californian turned terrorist, Gadahn disappeared shortly after the September 11th attacks. In 2004 the FBI announced it was seeking Gadahn in connection with possible terrorist threats against the U.S.

Gadahn who spoke for nearly the entire video, wearing a white robe and a white turban delivered a lecture on Islam and the "errors" in Christianity and Judaism.

Gadahn stated that "Instead of killing yourself for Bush....why not surrender to the truth (of Islam), escape from the unbelieving army and join the winning side. Time is running out so make the right choice before its too late." he said.

The offer for Americans to convert to Islam is sometimes given before an attack comes, an elevation in the terror alert is likely to happen if this is the case.

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.forbes.com
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Reading this article, I was struck by Mansfield stating this may be a warning to Americans.
I read an ATS member, Bhadhidar, coming to the same conclusion about Iran the other day:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I think there is more to it than that. I think, perhaps President Ahmadinejad, compelled by the strictures of his faith, wants to make absolutely certain that, having heard both men detail their positions, that the American public (and perhaps the western world at large) is given the opportunity to make an informed consent with regard to which side they are to be counted amoungst.

Therefore, in Ahmadinejad's mind, fair warning has been given, as required by Allah. The choice is ours to make; the consequences of our choices, ours alone to face.

Iran is thus free to do whatever it must to defend itself, no matter how otherwise heinous such acts might seem. And the populace of the the US, by their consent/support/acquiessence of President Bush and the US military, are thus to be put on notice that they, too, will be considered fair game.

Although one talks about al-Qaeda and the other Iran, it is troubling that this could indicate another terrorist attack is on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Reading this article, I was struck by Mansfield stating this may be a warning to Americans.
I read an ATS member, Bhadhidar, coming to the same conclusion about Iran the other day:

Although one talks about al-Qaeda and the other Iran, it is troubling that this could indicate another terrorist attack is on the horizon.

The same styled warnings given from different sources lends to the theory that this may indeed be a final warning before the big one

[edit on 2-9-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hum.....

This bring me memories of another tape made by Bin-Laden prior of 2004 elections...

Call me a skeptical but, with 9/11 so close it could be just too convinient to have another tape bringing the same type of inuendos at this time of the year.

Just and observation...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Dont beleive it.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Somehow I doubt he's going to get many recruits this way.

There will always be a few lost souls that find the fanaticism and absolute certainty inherent in an ideology like Al Quaeda's attractive because it fills a psychological need. That's where your Azzam's and shoe bombers and the like come from.

As for a coming attack: I think it's safe to assume that these guys will do anything to us they can, anytime they can. The trick is to try and make sure they can't do much.

There are various methods of accomplishing that - some using force, some subtler.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
More "convert to Islam or you die" rhetoric coming from the extremist who are soooo merciful they are going to give you a "last chance"......

before they blow America away, I hope our intelligence has improved somewhat since 9/11

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

before they blow America away, I hope our intelligence has improved somewhat since 9/11

That is what I am afraid my friend the same propaganda has worked in the past to change the public mines before elections, it worked so well that I wonder if the agenda is to try one more time.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That is what I am afraid my friend the same propaganda has worked in the past to change the public mind before elections, it worked so well that I wonder if the agenda is to try one more time.

So do you think that Adam Yehiye Gadahn is some kind of U.S. government covert op. plant sent in to make things look ligit when the next 9/11 happens???

Thus insuring that the republicans will win the next election because of their hard stand on terrorism.....

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction alright, and this is even stranger than that, but I guess anything is possible when a group wants the presidential seat that bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I heard that the Bush administration is planning on diverting a meteor toward earth in late October hoping to get more votes. Claiming the Democrats are not equipped to combat astronomical phenomena either.

It's all about the election isn't it? I guess the closer it gets, the more information will come out that Al-Qaeda uses Republican toilet tissue as well.

Semper

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Dont beleive it.

Sometimes I wonder... Seriously what does it take, a night out with Adam so he can convince he's authentic?

Anyway, I too find the timing of this rather ominous being that its so close to 9/11 5 year anniversary. And I don't know who they're trying to reach though, its not like its going to inspire anyone in the US to join AQ.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

So do you think that Adam Yehiye Gadahn is some kind of U.S. government covert op. plant sent in to make things look ligit when the next 9/11 happens???

Tell me something do you believe that after the so call present adminsitration war on terror and banging over and over that everything they do is to keep Americans safe, from making a new patriot act, doing illegal surveillance on Americans and finding their own definition of the Americans constitutional rights, they will allow our nation another 9/11.

I tell you what we all Americans should raise in anger and ask for a refund on our tax payer dollars and also on the new definitions of our civil liberties because we have been robbed if another 9/11 hqppen.

Thus insuring that the republicans will win the next election because of their hard stand on terrorism.....

Well they may win but I am sure that is because they got help with the scaremongering thanks to people like the resurrected Bin-Laden and his officers timely tapes.

Or you denied that this tapes come at the right time when is needed to remind the American people that they can die anytime if they desire so with another attack.

Doesn't that means that our own government is incompetent rather than Hard on the standing against terrorism? what you think?

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction alright, and this is even stranger than that, but I guess anything is possible when a group wants the presidential seat that bad.

Now actually you can not denied that is very convenient, that is all very convenient.

After all it was a time when Bin-Laden was not such a bad guy after all and he was supported by the US. And as Afghan rebels fought Soviet invaders in the During the 1980s, the United States gave aid from afar while Saudi exile Osama bin Laden provided support from within Afghanistan. Yes the enemy of my enemy is my friend as the say goes.

Right now I believe the unbelivable coming fron the corrupted administration of Bush and Co.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OK, now I'm totally confused. I thought we were fighting them over there, so we wouldn't have to fight them here. So why are we worried about them here?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It just make me wonder. If this American kid, from California, can rise through the ranks of Al-Qaeda and gain meetings with Ayman al-Zawahiri. Then why can't the Government get someone close enough to them to kill the terrorist or atleast gain some usable information.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So assuming that these messages from al Qaida, and even to an extent- Iran, are "fair warnings" for us to "choose sides", how will they know which side each of us has chosen? When they blow up an airplane, how will they know that I support President Bush, but the guy sitting next to me supports bin Laden? We'll both be blown to bits regardless!

It will always be my belief that any group, organization, country, etc. that blatantly and indiscriminately targets civilians is doomed to fail. It doesn't matter how many warning videos they release or how many messages they post on their hate sites. Unless they're going to tell me to stay out of my local Shop Rite this coming Wednesday at 4:00PM because they're going to blow it up, then these warnings/ultimatums are pointless. Only in their sick, twisted minds do these warnings give them a blank check to kill wherever and whenever they choose. But then again, I'm no expert on the religion of Islam. For all I know, the Koran could clearly state that releasing 50-minute hate videos on al Jazeera allows one the religious and moral authority to murder innocent women and children!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
It just make me wonder. If this American kid, from California, can rise through the ranks of Al-Qaeda and gain meetings with Ayman al-Zawahiri. Then why can't the Government get someone close enough to them to kill the terrorist or atleast gain some usable information.

I seriously distrust our government totally. I would not be surprised about anything. Even if they knew where Bin Laden was or he is dead and they are faking all the videos. Or that they have agents in Al Qaeda.

By the way I just wanted to add. Republicans want a terrorist attack to not happen before November, that would be even more disasterous. Think about it. Their whole campaign is based on how they can keep America safe. If a huge terrorist attack occurred that nulls the argument!

[edit on 2-9-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
So assuming that these messages from al Qaida, and even to an extent- Iran, are "fair warnings" for us to "choose sides", how will they know which side each of us has chosen? When they blow up an airplane, how will they know that I support President Bush, but the guy sitting next to me supports bin Laden? We'll both be blown to bits regardless!

You know I actually agree with you, it makes no sense at all, what agenda can this tapes may have on the American people, but to make American hate more than anything the Islamic extremist.

But then again what agenda behind the hating of Islamic extremist could be out there.

That is what I am afraid off more than been blown up by them in my very well secure soil after my own govenrment is telling me that they are doing anything to keep me safe and every other American in the nation.

I just wonder.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by dgtempe
Dont beleive it.

Sometimes I wonder... Seriously what does it take, a night out with Adam so he can convince he's authentic?

Anyway, I too find the timing of this rather ominous being that its so close to 9/11 5 year anniversary. And I don't know who they're trying to reach though, its not like its going to inspire anyone in the US to join AQ.

You would be suprized at the number of crack-pots who would jump right in their and support this group just because this Adam guys says " DO IT BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE" how many people buy the worthless infommercial JUNK just because some zaney guy get's on there and says "DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE"......sadly the weak minded will always fall for this kind of junk.....

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

how many people buy the worthless infommercial JUNK just because some zaney guy get's on there and says "DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE"......sadly the weak minded will always fall for this kind of junk.....

You know I have more faith than that on my own fellow Americans, yes we always going to find the gulibles but pleaseeeeee.

With all the money that our present administration has spend on bangging into us how evil Alqaida is and how much they want to destroy us, you think that a good portion of the Patriotic Americans will jump to become muslins?

Or American patriots putting bombs on their bodies because they have been warned?

Why should I be afraid when my people elected government has told me that he is doing everything to keep me safe in my soil.

I think we should just laught at the silly attempt of the big bad wolf called Bin Laden. Right?

Or you think our nation has lost faith on our administrtion capabilities to keep us safe.

I am no worry Bush is keeping me safe. Right?

[edit on 3-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

In the mind of a muslim extremist, the fact that one of their own gets blown away with the deserving infidel is the price for justice.

It was your reasonable service to allah to die for the cause of the jihad against the great satan.

The fact that you converted means little to them, you'll just get a few more virgins to cover the cost.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join