It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews Face Violence Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

However, the 2005 US Department of State report on Israel criticized Israel for “institutional, legal, and societal discrimination against the country’s Arab citizens.”[4] In a report submitted to the United Nations, Bedouin claim they face discrimination and are not treated as equal citizens in Israel and that Bedouin towns are not provided the same level of services or land that Jewish towns of the same size are and they are not given fair access to water. The city of Be'er Sheva refused to recognize a a Bedouin holy site, despite the high court recommendation. [20] Human rights group B'Tselem has claimed that Arabs in Jerusalem are denied residency rights, leading to a housing shortage in the Arab areas of Jerusalem. [21]

During the Al-Aqsa Intifada in 2003, the Knesset made a temporary amendment to the Nationality and Entry into Israel law which prohibited Palestinian married to Israelis from from gaining Israeli citizenship or residency. Critics argue that the law is racist because it is targeted at Israeli Arabs who are far more likely to have Palestinian spouses than other Israelis; defenders say the law is aimed at preventing terrorist attacks and preserving the Jewish character of Israel.[22][23] The United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination unanimously approved a resolution saying that the Israeli law violated an international human rights treaty against racism.

Israel enacted an Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law in 1998. The US Department of State report on Israel, however, criticizes Israel for, “de facto discrimination against persons with disabilities.”[4]

The 2005 US Department of State report on Israel noted that “societal violence and discrimination against women and trafficking in and abuse of women.”[4] In June 2006, the United States Department of State placed Israel on a special watchlist for "failure to provide evidence of increasing efforts to address trafficking in human beings." [30]

On April 7, 2005 the United Nations Committee on Human Rights stated it was "deeply concerned at the suffering of the Syrian citizens in the occupied Syrian Golan due to the violation of their fundamental and human rights since the Israeli military occupation of 1967...[and] in this connection, deploring the Israeli settlement in the occupied Arab territories, including in the occupied Syrian Golan, and regretting Israel's constant refusal to cooperate with and to receive the Special Committee" [36]

In April 2004, Israeli soldiers used 13-year-old Muhammed Badwan as a human shield during a demonstration in the West Bank village of Biddu. The soldiers tied Badwan to the front windscreen of their jeep to discourage Palestinian demonstrators from throwing stones in their direction.

Apartheid

A controversial wall built by the Israeli Government around areas of occupied territory in the West Bank has drawn much controversy...The Wall was condemned by a UN Resolution "overwhelmingly" passed by UN General Assembly which also called for all construction to halt. [48] The wall was also condemned by the International Court of Justice which stated: "Israel also has an obligation to put an end to the violation of its international obligations flowing from the construction of the wall in Occupied Palestinian Territories...reparation must, as far as possible, wipe out all the consequences of the illegal act.." [49]

en.wikipedia.org...

In a landmark report, an Israeli commission of inquiry found on Monday a pattern of government “prejudice and neglect” and decades of discrimination against Israel’s more than one million Arab minority, or the Palestinians who were not forced out of their ancestral homeland when the Jewish state was created in 1948, and concluded that police used excessive force in quelling Arab demonstrations in solidarity with the Intifada of their Palestinian brethrens in the West Bank and Gaza Strip three years ago.

www.scoop.co.nz...

I really don't have time to keep finding examples of discrimination in Israel...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Do you really think Hezbollah used civilians as "human shields"? You hear from the media that Israel gave warning and dropped pamplets for people to leave, but wouldn't you find it difficult to leave considering that Israel bombed the airport and bridges leading out of the towns? It doesn't give much option to the ones who wanted to flee. Israel kept them trapped in the area, and then paraded their propoganda that Hezbollah were using "human shields."

They also bombed all the gas stations as well. Not much luck driving a car with no gas. The taxis were charging ridiculous amounts of money to go short distances. On top of all that they were targetting fleeing cars even the ones that had white flags flying from them. Its all propaganda to try to cut back on the negative publicity. In any case Israel loves when things like these anti-semetic attacks occur. This is how they get people to populate their country. Even Herzl himself made statements regarding anti-semetism and how its a positive thing for israel.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
False, Israeli-Arabs receive all the rights Israeli-Jews receive as citizens in Israel.

Yes that why the Molodet party calls for the ethnic cleansing of Arabs. Mr. Elon who happens to be head of your Tourist Ministry is VERY open about his ideas about Transferral of all Palestinians from Israel. You are just such a bundle of Propganda. I'd be ashamed if I were you whenever you get caught in these little publicity schemes you invent.

A wonderful human being Former Chief Rabbi Ovadia Yossef, also founder and spiritual leader of the Shas party, also called for missiles to be sent to annihilate Arabs. One of his nicer semons :

God must annihilate the "evil, damnable" Arabs -- saying "May the Holy Name visit retribution on the Arabs' heads, and cause their seed to be lost, and annihilate them, and cause them to be vanquished and cause them to be cast from the world."

I think its absolutely disgusting that you can even defend this kind of garbage. Its been going on for decades. People just don't know about it because Israel is great at hiding these kind of disgusting things.

Its not people hating Jews Judah, its people hating what the Jews are defending and what Israel is doing. When you sit there and act like people are making things up as though we were still in the 1980's and everyone is ignorant of what goes on, thats when people will begin disrespecting you and Israel.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

NOTE THAT YOUR POST IN ITS ENTIRETY IS FICTIONAL. I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSING THIS POST WITH A SCIENCE FICTION LITERARY FORUM. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

Please don't lie to us. Your post is entirely fiction in itself, and you seem to disregard many of Israel's policies towards non-Jews. For one thing, your comment completely negates the foundation of "Zionism" on which Israel is based on. You have not looked into this matter carefully. I suggest reading the articles located:

You are Truly Wasting your time with mister Judah here.

He will certainly not hear about anything, which has to do with Israel being a BAD GUY.

That will certainly be passed as a blatanly LIE by him - spread by Islamo-Fascists ofcourse.

And he is in the IDF - so what can you expect?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Im sorry semper... but the Jews need to stop... every time I mean EVERY time you don't get exactly what you want you scream Anti-semitism... you lost 2 million people in WW2 out of over 10 million deaths.... Im sorry but this anti Semite CRAP is getting old... Ive just had it... every thread every thread has the Pro-war fear mongering people who claim the Jews are being targeted... and its just not true... its the same lies they used to become a nation state under Truman in the late forties.... I'm really sorry to "troll" like this on ur thread Semper you know its not my style but this is really just too much. The Jews are the racists... as the like second poster on this thread pointed out.... the Jewish people don't mix well with anyone else unless that other person is willing to worship a different god pay the Jews taxes and take one for the team whenever the Jews want. I'm sorry we need to end the Jewish state... wanna talk about disarming Hezbollah... wanna talk about FINALLY having peace in the middle east.... disband Israel.... remove that country and spread her people to the winds.... its radical I know... but I stand by it.... Israel is a rogue state and if Her actions are causing her Citizens to be targeted.... well maybe you should change your foreign and domestic policy.

Its like here in the US.... our politicians just cannot seem to understand why the entire world hates us... take away the BILLIONS of dollars we send to them in aid and weapons.... quit propping up their QUASI democracy... Its time for change and if the Israeli people are not willing to elect leaders who will quit this war mongering destructive path then they will suffer the consequences of their actions. Newtons laws of physics apply to more than just matter.... they are socially applicable as well.

So if Israeli people are being targeted because of what THIER government has done and is doing.... how is that any different than what the US is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.... we target civilians.... we target recruiters... we carry out bombing to make a statement....

And for those of you who are about to flame me.... this is not an anti-semitic response..... this is not a response based out of fear or confusion... this is a post borne out of clarity and opinion. I am in no way calling for the wholesale genocide of the Israeli people.... All I'm saying is that they don't deserve a country.... at least not in the middle east... send em to Antarctica or something... something far enough away as to keep them from starting anymore regional conflicts.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Elsenorpompom I have stated the exact same thing on another thread, so I comepletely agree with you. I think the Jews of Israel should be evacuated from that state of Israel, and given homes here in America. Once they come here, we can deal with any of them who wish to spread their superiority complex and belief egotistical views of themselves appropriately. The rest who just want to appreciate living in a peaceful free and undiscrimintating land, no longer having to fear rocket attacks, suicide bombings, or segregated towns and such can go on with their lives in the good ol USA like any other American Citizen. ORRRRR, we can justify everything by just making them a State of the Union. Either one works for me, as long as America grows from it.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Whining won't get you ANYWHERE!

Israel has human rights organizations and you can be critical of the government, its policies and the problems of discrimination openly without fear of reprisals from the government. Now lets compare that to Syria and Iran!

Israeli discrimination in Israel exists as it does in all countries. Fact is that Israel HAS defined all Arab cities as 'development areas A' (the highest there are) comes to prove that issues of discrimination are being dealt with.

Whine all you want, Israel is top of it class in the middle east regarding human rights.
Not that this issue deals with 'Jews face violence again' unless it link is (as usual) its OK to engage in Violence against Jews because . . . .

Jamuhn,
When you post do you actually read your sources????
let me paraphrase:
According to your wikipedia sources :

Israels political rights and civil liberties are by far the most free in the middle east (in comparison to Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and the PA) actually scoring the highest possible score for political rights and the 2nd highest in civil liberties.
Freedom rating for Israel is highest. In the occupied territories Palestinians under Israeli 'oppression' the freedom rating is equal to Egyptian citizens and Syrians. This is true NOW at a time of war with the Palestinians. Immagine how much better the Palestinians situation was before OSLO when there were less conflicts.

[edit on 6/9/06 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Jamuhn,
let me paraphrase:...

Israels political rights and civil liberties are by far the most free in the middle east (in comparison to Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and the PA) actually scoring the highest possible score for political rights and the 2nd highest in civil liberties.

So you fault someone for having biased sources and now you are trying to fault someone for having unbiased sources? Get a grip wo/man. Of course Israel is good in comparison to many countries. Just because Israel isn't as bad as North Korea, doesn't mean they have a free pass to discriminate anyone they like. You fault Iran's president for not accepting the full depth of the Holocaust, but then you don't even want to accept the full depth of discrimination in your own country.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think this Cartoon Describes most the Problematics of the topic of this thread;

Suddenly all the Gult regarding the Jews for Centuries, has been thrown upon the Shoulders of Enemies of Israel.

Apparently nobody remembers anymore, then prior the UN Declaration of Israeli state, Jews, Muslims and Christians Lived Happily in the land known as Palestine with the Capital in Jerusalem.

Political Cartoons

The Palestinians Burden - by Malcolm Evans, New Zealand

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Jamuhn,
let me paraphrase:...

So you fault someone for having biased sources and now you are trying to fault someone for having unbiased sources? Get a grip wo/man. Of course Israel is good in comparison to many countries. Just because Israel isn't as bad as North Korea, doesn't mean they have a free pass to discriminate anyone they like. You fault Iran's president for not accepting the full depth of the Holocaust, but then you don't even want to accept the full depth of discrimination in your own country.

There is no 'full depth'. You are making flimsy arguements. I am not comparing Israel to North Korea but to its closest neighbors (Aren't they the ones complaining the most???). Israeli discrimination against Arabs are minor. Israeli Arabs have the most freedom in the reigon (as your source showed).

Recently a Bus packed with Israelis overturned in Egypt killing 10 Israelsi and wounding the rest on the bus. The injured Israelis pleaded with the Egyptians to rush them to israel for treatment but the Egyptian authorities did not allow them. Many died as a result of this. When the Israelis that finally returned they complained without end about the treatment, the lousy treatment and the lousy hospitals.
Why is this relevant? All those Israelis on the bus were Israeli Arabs. They pleaded to return to Israel to be treated by Israeli doctors in Israeli hospitals.
Do you understand what I am saying?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So I guess people are still of the opinion that Israel does not put its allies in bad predicaments and entices situations like 9-11 to occur in retaliation for her actions?

I am of the opinion that not only does Israel put her allies at risk, but it also puts its own citizens at risk and Jews throughout the world. This thread is proof of that. People can't be that ignorant that they can't put 2+2 together and see that Israel is killing innocent civilians for the past 2 months and anti-semetism is rising.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I am not comparing Israel to North Korea but to its closest neighbors (Aren't they the ones complaining the most???). Israeli discrimination against Arabs are minor. Israeli Arabs have the most freedom in the reigon (as your source showed).

Israel is held to an international standard of human rights, not in comparison to any single nation or region. Conisdering that Israel is an industrialized country, they are expected to maintain a level of responsibility for their actions. It is perfectly sensible that you would wish to defend Israel considering that you and much of your family are Israeli. But, to deny the human rights violations that Israel committed and continues to commits would be to blind yourself to reality.

Israel has been consistently rebuked by organizations and governments from the UN to the US and on issues from cluster bombs in Lebanon to apartheid walls in Palestine and all manner of violations in their own country.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

I am not comparing Israel to North Korea but to its closest neighbors (Aren't they the ones complaining the most???). Israeli discrimination against Arabs are minor. Israeli Arabs have the most freedom in the reigon (as your source showed).

Israel is held to an international standard of human rights, not in comparison to any single nation or region. Conisdering that Israel is an industrialized country, they are expected to maintain a level of responsibility for their actions. It is perfectly sensible that you would wish to defend Israel considering that you and much of your family are Israeli. But, to deny the human rights violations that Israel committed and continues to commits would be to blind yourself to reality.

Israel has been consistently rebuked by organizations and governments from the UN to the US and on issues from cluster bombs in Lebanon to apartheid walls in Palestine and all manner of violations in their own country.

So you are actually admitting to a double standard. Arabs are expected to behave as they behave (targeting civilians, suicide bombings, kidnapping and murdering civilians, attacking schools, hospitals, etc. etc. etc) while Israel is expected to fight these Arabs with a different set of rules.

Cluster bombs are NOT illegal by international law (source). There is no law that makes its use illegal especially under the conditions used in Lebanon. On the other hand, Hezbullah's insistance to use residential areas as the areas to attack Israeli residential areas ARE illegal by international law. Israeli bombartment of bridges, airports, roads had a military value in that Israel needed at the start of the war to limit the capacity of Hizbullah (an illegal militia within Lebanon) to reach the south, to rearm from and to obtain reinforcments from foreign countries (mujhadin fighters). As a result the airport needed to be closed (weapons transport and fighter influx), bridges cut the south off from the north (this also made it more difficult to bring in rockets to the south) and roads for which fighters, weapons and ammunition can be transported (yes it did make it difficult for civilians as well but the military value is obvious).

Regarding your reference to an 'apartheid wall'. That on its own comes as proof that you are biased beyond belief. Even South Africa's minister for home affairs Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi, a south African Zulu leader, said that Israel is no-where near being an Apartheid state. Your Apartheid wall reference is a derogatory term used by the Arab propaganda machine and therefore bears no reference.

What I see in my discussions with people on the Net and in person is shear ignorance regarding the demographic make-up of Israel. Palestinian Arabs are NOT Israeli Arabs. Palestinian Arabs are citizens of the Palestinain Authority (PA) who have their own 'free' elections and are governed by the PA.
Israel has Israeli Arabs which make up just under 20% of its civilians. These Arab civilians have legal rights equivalent to those of Jews - There are cases of discrimination but there are policies in effect to reverse this.

This ignorance is not 'naive' it results from a propaganda war by the Arab world.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This sums up Israeli Actions so well
[im]http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/[02E8D7AF-1031-4471-A939-D128BBF2EED5].gif[/im]

Israel causes more harm by its actions. Judah, we've gone down this road and you stopped posting because you know where the precedent stands. These actions by Israel, done in the name of the Jewish People and Religion thus reflect badly on the other Jewish people and make life harder for them.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Exactly, Odium. People have to understand that Judiasm does not equal Zionism. Zionism is ruining the Jewish community, and there are those out there who still advocate it. In the long run, a Jewish owned and run state will not work, because it secludes it from the outside world, and will ultimately destroy itself by its own people.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Odium,

Thats right - It sums it up perfectly when trying to incite against a country to an audience who has no clue. How can a militia from a different neigboring country that is considered a terrorist country by most developed country and that resides in a country that does not act to safeguard its borders equivalent to a street gang.
Those who see a parallel are either blinder than a bat with cateracts or who have a political agenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbiHow can a militia from a different neigboring country that is considered a terrorist country by most developed country and that resides in a country that does not act to safeguard its borders equivalent to a street gang.

List of entities designating Hezbollah as "terrorist" Entity Type of Designation Reference
Flag of United States United States The organization Hezbollah in full [187]
Flag of Canada Canada The organization Hezbollah in full [188]
Flag of Israel Israel The organization Hezbollah in full [189]
Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom The Hezbollah External Security Organization [190]
Flag of Netherlands Netherlands The organization Hezbollah in full [191]
Flag of Australia Australia The Hezbollah External Security Organization [192]

en.wikipedia.org...

6 countries...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a) I can honestly say this is the first time I've heard anyone describe Lebanon as a "terrorist country".

b) Street gangs are a good analogy for terrorist organizations actually, they operate similarly, they are non-state actors using violence and fear as a means to an end. For street gangs the end is usually profit and territory, for terrorist .orgs it's a political end - usually involving territory.

c) The cartoon is a fairly accurate example of how much of the civilized world regards Israel's recent actions in Lebanon. In response to a minor raid by a guerilla organization operating without the blessing of the Lebanese government, you killed over 1,000 civilians and destroyed much of the country's transportation system.

Only blind partisanship prevents you from seeing why this is is seen as outrageous. But you seem to live in a world where Israel can do no wrong, and Arab lives are worth far less that Jewish ones. Don't expect the rest of us to adopt the same viewpoint.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How can a militia from a different neigboring country that is considered a terrorist country by most developed country and that resides in a country that does not act to safeguard its borders equivalent to a street gang.

Errr, do you mean the HIZB'ALLAH, which was formed in 1982 with the invasion of Lebanon by Israel?

Oh I am sorry - I ment to say, Isreal was only Protecting itself from the Evil Terrorists; the ones that they actually created by occupying the Land, which once belonged to somebody else; like the People of Palestine for example.

But that is Another Story right?

Not to mention, that Hizb'Allah was DEMOCRATICAL voted by the people of Lebanon - and that is what the West wants right? Democracy in the Middle East? Yes?

But why do they - with the Help of Israel ofcourse - try to elimnate the Democraticaly Elected Parties like Hamas and Hizb'Allah?

You support the USA efforts to install Democracy in Middle East, correct?

WELL - this are the RESULTS!

The People Have Spoken!

Those who see a parallel are either blinder than a bat with cateracts or who have a political agenda.

And you have No Political Agenda at all, right?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Index of Terrorist Organizations by Country of Operation

AFGHANISTAN
Harakat ul-Mujahideen (HUM)
al-Qa'ida

ALGERIA
Armed Islamic Group (GIA)

COLUMBIA
National Liberation Army (ELN)
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)

EGYPT
Gama'a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group, IG)
al-Jihad

FRANCE
Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)

GREECE
Revolutionary Organization 17 November (17 November)
Revolutionary People's Struggle (ELA)

IRAN
Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK or MKO)

IRAQ
Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK or MKO)
Palestine Liberation Front-Abu Abbas Faction

ISRAEL
HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement)
Kach
Palestine Islamic Jihad-Shaqaqi Faction
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)

JAPAN
Aum Shinrikyo

JORDAN

LEBANON
Hizballah (Party of God)
Japanese Red Army (JRA)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC)

PAKISTAN
Harakat ul-Mujahideen (HUM)

PALESTINE
Kach

PERU
Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso, SL)
Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement (MRTA)

PHILLIPINES
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)

SPAIN
Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)

SRI LANKA
Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)

SUDAN

SYRIA
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC)

TURKEY
Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK)
Revolutionary People's Liberation Party/Front

VENEZUALA
National Liberation Army (ELN)
globalization.about.com...

As to Lebanon's stance in the world as a "terrorist country", of note: there are more terror organizations listed officially in Lebanon then any other country.
Just information; no argument.

Semper

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join