It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightime Versus Daytime Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So the other day I was doing what most folk here in Florida do- put on Toby Keith and have a Corona and ponder lifes mysteries under a clear bue sky-and it came to me that the 3 UFO sightings I've had in my life ocurred at night. Now I'm wondering just what the relation to night sightings or day sightings might be. If anyone has any idea where I may find a study or possible research into the ratio of day to night sightings I would appreciate the input.
What I seek is the ratio of day to night sightings. Is it 50/50 or some other variable?
I'm an amateur astronomer and that may influence my sightings since we usually work at night.
Any assistance is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There's some info on Larry hatch's site:
www.larryhatch.net...
www.larryhatch.net...

Unfortunately, there seems to be no freely available UFO sighting database right now. MUFON, for instance, promises that

MUFON is working diligently to provide members with the most comprehensive online database of UFO Sightings on the Internet. Please be patient as we complete this exciting new project!

but there has been no apparent progress since April, 2004. Most of what are called "databases" are either simple lists of sighting reports, or gateways which only allow one to search a limited subset and browse single narrative reports.

CUFOS stll lists the UFOCAT 2004 CD as available (40.00 USD), but I know nothing about it. I'd be willing to order a copy, if my beautiful, talented, loving wife has gotten over the other UFO-related junk research materials I've bought lately.

There is a chart still available on archive.org
/qzoz5
but it's a few years old, too. The master page is available here
/pf8vc
and Wayback still has working links to most of the reports listed, I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thanks rand. That would seem to be the problem. The available "databases" seem more like Isaac Koi's chronology than a database searchable for variables.
It would seem that my only recourse would be to annotate the various DBs and then compile the results. Now that sounds like work. Hi ho hi ho.
It seems the more popular cases are about evenly divided day/night.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey LHC,

Here is more info from Larry Hatch.

UFO Statistics: UFO Sightings Sidereal Histogram

new topics

top topics

join