It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the oddity of ET sitings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
this has always just irked me

why are all the ETs that people report witnessing humanoid bipeds?

it just doesn't make much sense that the same body shape would be the biggest advantage for these aliens when they were in their primitve shapes.

what are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
completely agree,

the reason we are shaped how we are (2 arms, 2 legs, bi ped) is because weve volved that way as it gives us the greatest chance of survival in our environment.

as these beings do not come from the same environment, and did not evolve from the same organisms, i dont understand how most abduction accounts etc. make out that these "beings" have the same (generally) shaped body as us. even facial features are too similar too for me (2 eyes, nose, mouth all in same relative position as ours).

this is why i lean towards the idea that most of these abduction cases are just dreams.

although i do believe.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Heres my opinion...
As far as I know (which may not be much) arent many of the same elements found on earth found elsewhere in the galaxy? If this is true, then is it not possible for the homeland of these alien beings to be similar to earth? So if their homeland is possibly like our homeland, then they may have possibly evolved just as humanity has. Obviously this cant be proved, but something to think about.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well... Think about what types of limbs you need to build things...

Of course, I can only think from my perspective, which is a biped with hands would have the best chance to build ships and what-not. There could be a super smart giant blob out there, but he's confined to his planet because it doesn't have the ability to build something. Unless they can use telekenisis or something

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
*Or* they're from our future, which could explain basic shape similarities. *Or* they could be adopting a form that works well for them in our enviroment. *Or* they could be adopting a form that works 'well' for us pyschologically. If you accept that there are beings advanced enough to visit us from another planet/dimension/time, then all bets are off when it comes to their take on 'extreme body makeover'.

Or like you say, lbennie we could just be dreaming it all up.

TD

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well if aliens are really alien. Then we cant guess anything about how they look or how they evolved. By alien, I mean not carbon based.

But our two eyes are steroptic. It for hunting, depth perception. Two limbs is from moving up right. Giving us idle hands and means to make tools.

Meat, is what drove our brian to get bigger. It was hunting that did that.

We evolved to use tools and eat meat. We evolved means to to do both very well. Those means allowed us to have everything we have now.

Its not exactly silly to assume that something similar didnt happen on another planet. From what we can tell, we are a successful species and other would have developed in similar fashions.

I know this is an incredibly simplified evolution explanation.

-
The other way to look at it, and has much the similar reasoning. Human like thinking we are awesome. So if another creature exist. They must something like us to be as successful. We do the same for things that scare us. We give the triats of animals we know that scare us to one ultimate scary creature. The Greys are combination of both. Things that are like us and things we find scary. The big soulless eyes. Arms legs. Big head. They are aquanted with things we find undsible in humans to have. Hairless, in spots we like to see hair. No ears, or nose. No lips. Pot Belly. It like a burned victim.

Its a combination of what we find scary but can accept to be out betters in certians things, as they are like us.

new topics

top topics

join