It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrutiny at Airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sorry if this is old, but if it is, please send me to the old thread where we can continue the discussion.

Other countries do it, i think we should start too-Putting more scrutiny on Muslims at airports and other public places. I mean, come on, my 80 year old grandmother gets the same amount scrutiny as a Muslim man at the airport. Sometimes they even purposely shy away from scrutinizing Muslims so as not to offend. Yes, most Muslims are not terrorists. but let us not forget they most terrorists are Muslims....

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Nick0809]

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Nick0809]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It has been discussed heatedly on several threads. And I think it would better be put in PTS or War on Terror thread.

More scrutiny period of people in general is a bad waste of resources and treads on dangerous ground. They should instead work harder to build up good intel in the circles of terrorists rather than painting everyone with a wide brush.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
sorry, i didn't see the war on terror thread, if the mods will move it, idk...

anyway...

what do you mean it treads on dangerous territory, who cares if you offend them....

and it doesn't "paint everyone with a wide brush"

who flew 2 planes into the twin towers?
an 80 year old caucasian woman? no, a muslim

who flew a plane in to the pentagon?
a soccer mom? no, a muslim

who bombed the world trade center the 1st time?
a two year old african american kid? no, a muslim

does anyone else but me see a pattern?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just this afternoon, I had a conversation with a man who works at Boston Logan Airport. I brought up the issue of security, and he had some very interesting comments. One of them had to do with his support for racial profiling. Another was what measures would make our airports truly safe.

Quite the eye opener.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Racial profiling is a fancy, politically-correct word which serves an agenda, just like "Islamofascist".

I cannot tell you how many times I've been through the pre-flight process in a given airport and watched security do its thing. A group of almond-skinned individuals may or may not be nearby, when security will "randomly" search an eldery black lady, or a white surfer-looking chick, or a thug-gangster type. It's stupid, and it doesn't have to apply to terrorism to be stupid.

Let's say someone that looks like me robs a convenience store and steals a red car. I am a 24 year old white man who also drives a red car. It's only logical that the resulting APB might describe someone similar to me driving a red car, so it's not outlandish that I might get pulled over and checked out. My feelings wouldn't be that hurt, providing the police officer doesn't shoot first and ask questions later.

So where's the logic in purposefully avoiding light-skinned middle-eastern types if that's who you're afraid might hijack planes? Frankly, I don't care if it hurts their feelings, and I think most people probably agree; I'd choose a few miffed Muslims or angry anglos over thousands of deaths any day. But as I said above, I think the whole concept serves a deeper agenda in relation to invasion of privacy.

new topics

top topics

join