It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editorial Of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I've been scanning through your database of posts and such. I like the site. I like the topics. But I have repeatedly said, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NON-BELIEVERS ina CONSPIRACY FORUM.

I'm not talking of My theories, they are kinda out there. But, on every thread where someone says exrodianary things happen, theres always a plethera of posts putting that person down.

I believe that only a few people are here to find the truth. But It seems that others are here to Dishearten, Disuade, and redirect. And then some are here to just insult.

(before you start in with the WHERSS YOUR PROOF, look at (almost) every post on (almost)every thread in every forum)

Like I said, Telling People they need Help, or they are Hallucinating?

I'm not saying I'm right. But Why automatically tell everyone else they are wrong?

What is ATS for then? Ridicule? Whats this crap of replies commenting on spelling errors? Really? Am I the only one who thinks its bull?

Like I said, there are a few of you who are true beleivers, or at least open to new Ideas, but there are some here who have no point but to utterly Tear down and berate peoples opinions and beliefs.

You should have a BOIL IN OIL FORUM, for those pesky people who still think they are special, still think that something mystrerious has happend, think that theres answers outthere. Heres the answer I see: BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!! Herasy!! LIES!!!

I'm new to ATS, but I thik this is an old problem. Most Mesage Boards are elitist anyways (not saying ATS is), but this place its rampant.

OPen your mind. I mean #, it's the friggin point of this website. If you have nothing important or relavent to say, don't. Keep your insults and petty comments to yourself. Let the people who are searching for answers, help, support opinons etc.. give them some benifit.

HERES A NOVEL IDEA: Why not Try HELPING THEM, TALKING TO THEM..... hmm

compassion?.... naw.. It'll never work!

If you wanna attract Aliens, and Time travelors, and Government Leaks, and others..

if you want the real answers, maybe you shuld be a little more nicer and open.

EDIT: The only thing that seperates us from machines is EMPATHY

[edit on 2-9-2006 by RubinLando]

mod edit: Please don't use all caps

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No offense but as you stated, you have been here a couple of days you may want to take a bit longer before drawing conclusions about other members. Boards in general and especially ATS with it's diverse topic menu and passionate members can be a bit misleading at times. You really are only getting (for the most part) a snippet here and there of what a member believes.

You'll find that most people here are indeed looking for the truth. Some of course are more apt to accept a story at face value others will require more than just a story on an anonymous board from an anonymous person before they believe.

It does not mean they are not looking for the truth, they just have different criteria for judging the truth.

When in doubt...doubt. If it isn't obvious by now I am one of they.

Welcome to the asylum by the way.

Genitals are another thing that seperate us from machines oh and I have a partition too; sometimes its a pain to drag it everywhere but it really works.

Spider

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know. and I guess it's only the 10% of people who actually post those mean and hurtful comments. Its very wrong though. I understand debunking and all, but theres polite ways of debunking. I guess I'll learn. I'm not going anywhere. Until they ban me.. lol

Thanks

EDIT: It's just frustrating to have to defend more than speculate. I'd much rather thoerize.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubinLando
I know. and I guess it's only the 10% of people...It's just frustrating to have to defend more than speculate. I'd much rather thoerize.

It can be frustrating think of it as a way to test your theories or if your still in school it's great debate practice.

As for spending your time theorizing....well you've alreday found skunk works where I believe far out theories are encouraged.

But don't take mine as the final word, just a member not a moderator.

Much like real life, I have no authority whatsoever.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This would be dullest site in the world if everyone agreed. I'm pretty much a skeptic about everything. In the absence of first hand knowledge, I need compelling evidence.

I'm reminded of the old saying: In God we trust. All others pay cash.

So, I"m like, you know, Where's the Money, Noreen?"

10-4, Eleanor?

[edit on 2006/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
But don't take mine as the final word, just a member not a moderator.

I find this disheartening. "Just a member"? Without members this site would be a Ghost Town. Would it cheer you to know that I wish I had more time to engage in the conversations going on?

RL, I hear what you're saying. There IS a polite way of intelligent conversation. Unfortunately a FEW don't see it the same way. All I can think of is just don't let yourself get sucked in and stoop to that level. We'll be here(membership and staff) to manage the mess.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agree with the poster I have been here for a couple months now and I love the site, but what I wtiness to the various thread are a makeup of three sides. There are people who believe that there are active conspiracies throughout the world and a little to alot of proof is could be needed for them to believe in it. There is then those who are more reserved about what they want to believe in because they are set in there ways, they might believe some but alot of proof is needed for them to fully accept. That leaves those are very incredulous and who want to belittle and mock the posters because they believe these people are psychotic. They fill the forum with sarcasm and unuseful remarks because they can't seem to get enough of making other people's problems, experiences or questions unimportant.

I will say that there are people who probably don't fit into any of these categories but generally this is what I see on this forum. I believe if your coming to ATS you should be in one of the first two sides I stated and leave the last one in your head where they belong, because this is suppose to be a forum that people can feel safe to post what they experienced and believe without being ridiculed.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I find this disheartening. "Just a member"? Without members this site would be a Ghost Town

Ah Intrepid ya crazy Canuck. I appreciate the empathy but I just didn't want the poster to mistake mine for a word of authority...unless I'm being given the...dare I say it...Power! bwahahahah.

If that is the case I would again like to reinstate my request for a "points for pie" exchange program.

Most any scrumptious baked good would do but I believe I've made my stance on being pro pie abundantly clear by now.

Snikt

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi RL...

I'm taking a guess that you've been reading the posts for a while and have nutshellized (s'cuse the Bush-ism..) a good snapshot of the site...have a WATS on me for having the cojones to stand up and speak your mind about what you see, regardless of criticism or insult, length of membership or not...peace and love...and above all, welcome!

You have voted RubinLando for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month..

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I agree with GradyP. If everyone came along and totally supported every single theory that surfaced on this site, the place would pretty much be boring.

One of the things I really love about ATS, and this is something I recognized from my first day of being a member, is that you can be guaranteed to see every side of an argument. That is something special. It's unlike the newspapers, it's unlike the television, it's unlike most other sites and forums on the web.

And if everyone was wholeheartedly agreeing with everyone else, this unique quality would just disappear.

Sure, it can get annoying when someone comes along and abuses you for what you said or how you view something, but that does not happen all that much in my experience.

Bottom line is, have fun and don't view anyone with an opposing opinion critically.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Rubin, this has to do with your unconventional "clue" about you being dropped off into a parallel universe?

First of all, you started a thread with no specific purpose, and everyone was "clueless" as to what you were saying.
In the future, maybe you should approach a thread differently. Stating, point by point how you feel and why you are posting, instead of opening up one without a clue, yourself, what you even mean.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well to be truthful, that Diff Universe thing was mostly why I came here. I agree I probably could have put it together better,planned it out better, spell CHEKCED IT, LOL~

but honestly who thows a shoe?

-See and for me thats the only problem, because I HAVE NO PROOF, only to know me.

and I guess thats not enough. Don't worry, Angie Dickenson is just the tip of a Giant Iceburg.

Call It silly, but I was hoiping we all could try to figure it out and SAVE THE UNIVERSE!!

honestly, Who wants to save the universe?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
May I suggest you start a new thread in either skunk works or perhaps paranormal studies and tell us your story from the beginning.

Your history, what you believe has happened and happening...the whole shooting match.

I admit to being very confused about the angie dickinson thread and quite frankly as mentioned before it may not be the best jumping off point in terms of explaining your current situation.

Take your time collect your thoughts and take us all from A to Z. You may also want to first write up your story in word or something then just copy to the board, this way you can take your time and calmly put your thoughts in order.

Not saying I'll believe it when i read it but a start to finish summary may go along way in sparking a reasonable debate.

As for parrallel universes, when I was younger I used to worry about waking up in a parrallel world, now quite frankly I'm praying for it.

Spiderj

top topics

join