It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'GOD's law vs Human Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There has been much said about the divinity of a God's Laws, every God's laws in all religions, that you shall obey them without question, that they are beyond the power of men to change or ignore. Yet many of 'God's laws are broken every day by so-called believers just as Sectarian or Human laws are violated every day.
Many religious people believing that their particular Gods laws are above all things rebuke sectarian or human laws based on their religious doctrine. Recently in Colorado, United States of America, a Saudi national was convicted on charges of Involuntary Servitude (Slavery), additional charges included sexual assault, theft and extortion. There are more charges pending in this case. The following is an excerpt from the Compuserve feed.

Man Gets 28 Years in Colo. Slavery Case
By JON SARCHE
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) - A man convicted of sexually assaulting an Indonesian housekeeper and keeping her virtually as a slave was sentenced Thursday to 28 years to life in prison.

Homaidan Al-Turki, 37, denied the charges and blamed anti-Muslim prejudice for the case against him. He said prosecutors persuaded the housekeeper to accuse him after they failed to build a case that he was a terrorist.

Al-Turki, a citizen of Saudi Arabia who lived in the Denver suburb of Aurora, was convicted June 30 of unlawful sexual contact by use of force, theft and extortion, all felonies, and misdemeanor counts of false imprisonment and conspiracy to commit false imprisonment.

This is the background on the case, the defense is presented here:

Al-Turki said he treated the woman the same way any observant Muslim family would treat a daughter.

``Your honor, I am not here to apologize, for I cannot apologize for things I did not do and for crimes I did not commit,'' he told the judge. ``The state has criminalized these basic Muslim behaviors. Attacking traditional Muslim behaviors was the focal point of the prosecution.''

In this case the defense stands upon religious doctrine to present a case for the behavior of the defendant while the defendant has exhibited absolutely no remorse for the violation of the laws of a country that he voluntarily relocated to and established a business in. For years, even though it's incredibly likely that his family, his children and himself were made aware through media, schools and conversations with average citizens that his actions were illegal and culturally unacceptable in the United States.

But it dosn't stop there!

WIKIPEDIA
Eric Robert Rudolph, also known as the Olympic Park Bomber (born September 19, 1966) is an American domestic terrorist who committed a series of bombings across the southern United States, which killed three people and injured at least 150 others. There is evidence to suggest that his actions may have been motiviated by a form of extremist christianity making this Christian Terrorism, however there is no direct admission of this. Rudolph, who according to CNN was "connected with the Christian Identity movement, a militant, racist, and anti-Semitic organization," [1], declared that his bombings were part of a guerrilla campaign against abortion, what he describes as "the homosexual agenda," and perceived support for them from the United States government. He spent years as the FBI's most wanted criminal fugitive, but was eventually caught. In 2005 Rudolph plead guilty to numerous federal and state homicide charges and accepted five consecutive life sentences in exchange for avoiding a trial and the death penalty.

Again we have a person hiding behind the beliefs of 'God's laws above all others, only from a Christian point of view, and this person was begat, raised and educated as a native American citizen. Yet he knowingly violated laws accepted by all other citizens of the United States under the guise of "God's will".

Considering all of the various 'God's laws that are floating around the world, which laws should we as a human race, place our faith and support in? Which laws are consciousable and acceptable to all persons of human nature? I welcome your discourse.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ya I find that most so called religons people don't even believe in there religon right. I am not christian but, I went to a christion school. I see lots of people claim to do things in gods image/will/ect but, most of them are doing shelfish things bassed of a twisted view of there religon. Then I am like I went to christan school thats not what god said/ment. Since the bible was translated and changed so much over the years and peoples own twisted versions, it is so hard to tell what the real laws of god are. I go by this. "Do what is right and in the best intrest of everybody, and every other living thing, in this world and any other. Do not be biast and do not ignor minority of any kind, if you make a mistake realize it, correct it and move on."

[edit on 2-9-2006 by halfmask]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
well, many religious people are hypocrites, but a lot of them aren't

it's just that the hypocrites get all the attention, just like the extremists.

the timid and devout don't get much publicity

join