It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To kill for freedom, or submit and die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I wonder nowadays if people have forgotten the past. World War I&II, The cold war, 9/11. It seems that people forget the past, and how it applies today. So many people can't figure out why we even went to war in Iraq, why we keep the troops there, why we should even attack anyone in order to win the war on terror. What do they expect we do, Submit? Liberals continually say they take the side of the troops in calling for their removal, but it is only for their political agenda. They seem to need something to unite behind, considering how divided they are, and this false argument seems to be the best they can come up with. In case people have forgotten, this is about deterrance. If we do not act, more of our people die. If we submit, people around the world will die or suffer, including women's rights, a liberal hot button. So we must act. In acting we kill but in acting we also protect, not just us but every freedom-loving individual throughout the world.

I've been thinking a lot about this. I know I'm going to get hosed from some people, but I really want to see how many people support their nation nowadays, thanx

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I support my nation, and I would - if needs be - shed blood to protect my nation, even if that blood is mine.

For me the question is not "Would you kill to preserve your Nation?"...but more "Would whom I may kill actually be the 'right' person?"

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
O yea, Im good to the last drop. If life is gona end, you might as well kick some ass doing it. Freedom is something I will always fight for, but fightin is not always physical.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
fighting for freedom DOES NOT entail violence...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
By nature of many memebers being ex-military - yes, the price of life has already been bartered & everyone is at a buy in for that most basic of concepts - "The Hun's are at your door, time to kill"

BUT

Nothing in Iraq fits that context - not the build up, not the justification, not the carry out of initial attack, not the occupation, not the daily plan & definitely not the exit strategy since there isn't one.
If you believe any of these crony capitalism veneer coverings to the wars true intention will make you safer - get your head out of your azz.
Shame on your teachers if you believe Iraq = Nazi germany, a world superpower of it's day.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I wonder nowadays if people have forgotten the past. World War I&II, The cold war, 9/11. It seems that people forget the past, and how it applies today. So many people can't figure out why we even went to war in Iraq, why we keep the troops there, why we should even attack anyone in order to win the war on terror. What do they expect we do, Submit?

SUBMIT TO WHAT?

Liberals continually say they take the side of the troops in calling for their removal, but it is only for their political agenda.

WHAT AGENDA WOULD THAT BE? AND WHAT IF A CONSERVATIVE OPPOSED THIS IRAQI INVASION/AGGRESSION?

They seem to need something to unite behind, considering how divided they are, and this false argument seems to be the best they can come up with.

YOU CALL NOT BEING WILLING TO PUT OUR TROOPS IN HARM'S WAY ON A FOOL'S MISSION A FALSE ARGUMENT?

In case people have forgotten, this is about deterrance.

DETERENCE OF WHAT? WE WERE A DETERENT OF SADDAM, PERIOD. WE OWNED HIM AND HIS EVERY MOVE.

If we do not act, more of our people die.

IF WE DO NOT ACT - ACT ON WHAT? TURN OFF "THREAT MATRIX" AND GO READ SOME HISTORY. PREFERABLY STARTING WITH THE SYKES-PICOT AGREEMENT AND ITS AFTERMATH.

If we submit, people around the world will die or suffer,

WHAT DOES IRAQ HAVE TO DO WITH KEEPING THE WORLD SAFE FROM THE BOOGYMAN?

including women's rights, a liberal hot button. So we must act.

AND WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN - ACTING?! WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR THE CAUSE?

In acting we kill but in acting we also protect,

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU KILLED?

not just us but every freedom-loving individual throughout the world.

QUIT LISTENING TO DUBYA BUSH. OSAMA DOESN'T HATE YOU BECAUSE YOU LOVE BIC MACS.

I've been thinking a lot about this. I know I'm going to get hosed from some people, but I really want to see how many people support their nation nowadays, thanx

IF YOU CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS LOGICALLY AND DISPASSIONATELY THAN YOU WON'T BE HOSED. BUT IF YOU CAN'T....

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I havent forgotten the past, as you may tell from my sig.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sigh! Why not kill for freedom?...After all, it's the only way that's been used in all of history...

Perhaps there's a better way than in the committing of more murder...If you can access the RATS Forum, you can see how history has always repeated itself. If you want to *avoid* repeating history yet again, you might want to read that thread for some alternatives...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I wonder nowadays if people have forgotten the past. World War I&II, The cold war, 9/11. It seems that people forget the past, and how it applies today. So many people can't figure out why we even went to war in Iraq, why we keep the troops there, why we should even attack anyone in order to win the war on terror. What do they expect we do, Submit? Liberals continually say they take the side of the troops in calling for their removal, but it is only for their political agenda. They seem to need something to unite behind, considering how divided they are, and this false argument seems to be the best they can come up with. In case people have forgotten, this is about deterrance. If we do not act, more of our people die. If we submit, people around the world will die or suffer, including women's rights, a liberal hot button. So we must act. In acting we kill but in acting we also protect, not just us but every freedom-loving individual throughout the world.

The liberals in this country only fight the enemy for the first week after a terrorist attack. After that they want to lwt the terrorists in, give them rights, licenses, and welfare.

new topics

top topics

join