It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IED detonates at Chicago Train Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

This took place in Hinsdale, a western suburb of Chicago. The time was during Friday morning’s commute just minutes before a train was scheduled to arrive at the stop. Bomb remnants are being transported to a lab in Maryland .

No other devices were found. There were no suspects, only a few “people of interest” who authorities want to interview.

Original emergency call said a 'firecracker' but the authorities are saying it was definately a bomb and it was rather sophisticated.

I don't know what 'sophisticated' means .. I think that could be subjective. It had a timer to allow for it to go off at a desired time ... a high traffic time???

[edit on 9/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Really?! I wonder why this hasn't been picked up by the MSM yet.

Very weird.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well HH .. who knows?
Perhaps because no one was hurt. Dunno.

Perhaps the press isn't into 'fear mongering' as some folks think. If they were
they certainly wouldn't have missed this. You had a great observation though.
The device wasn't a 'fire cracker' .. it had a timer. So it had the intent of doing
harm. It is significant.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Perhaps because no one was hurt.

Maybe, but they sure reported the hell out of the Miami 7.

My conspiracy antennae are twitching.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It is being called a pipe bomb. Chicago police have a man in custody for it. So it was a firecracker on steroids.

Link

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
media isn't picking this up because it wasn't a govt sanctioned act. it seems that when actual explosives or a pipebomb are found, there is no reporting but...hear a bunch of middle easternlooking guys talking about something and bammm!!! arrested all over the news.
when was the last terror attack in amerika...besides the questionable 9/11??? i can't think of one....other countries are 'busting terror plots' but not in amerika....shouldn't this be a good thing? the knowledge that something is being done effectively....that current security measures and restrictions of constitutional rights and freedoms are effective??................................................but no....
the govt tells you that they need more power to watch, more power to dig, more power to supress, more power to restrict, more power to jail people, more power to restrict peoples access to courts and lawyers, more power to controll movement...................................................................................................................................THIS is the sucsess of the 'war on terror'

remember, like rummy says...if you are not with them on all this, then you are no better than a nazi sympathizer in the 30's............................

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
media isn't picking this up because it wasn't a govt sanctioned act.

Couldn’t agree more.

The public's attention must be very carefully directed at all times. They have so much on the line. I think they are at such a crucial point in their overall plan, that to have us start to question anything real, and getting sidetracked even for a minute (but maybe longer), would be counterproductive. They need us to be paying attention to what they want us to, so when it's time we will have the reactions they would like us to. I do think they misjudge us a good deal though, and our reactions sometimes aren’t what they probably expect. They probably like #ty bands too.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
just to follow up, I suppose I was speaking more in generalities than I was suggesting that this particular story is being swept under the carpet for sinister reasons.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Perhaps because no one was hurt.

Maybe, but they sure reported the hell out of the Miami 7.

My conspiracy antennae are twitching.

Agreed. My TV rarely leaves the networks, and I knew nothing of this until I read this very post. "Suspicious" cardboard boxes, car accidents near the capitol building, and "beeping" gym bags get an hour of two of airtime, but no news on an explosion?

top topics

join