It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Did anyone see this story about a woman in Toronto claiming to be the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe? I saw it first on either CNN or MSNBC and then researched it further online. Interesting stuff.

Canada.com story

She was 12, insists Sherrie Lea Laird, when she suddenly realized she was the reincarnated Marilyn Monroe.

“I remember that vividly,” says Laird, recalling a flash of recognition when her aunt began singing Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend. “This has been a long time coming. It’s not a novelty thing.”

The 43-year-old singer from Toronto is on the phone from a gas station in Las Vegas, en route to a scheduled Friday book launch in Hollywood that — hello, Oprah — has already prompted a 2,000-word, photo-filled splash about Laird’s claims in Wednesday’s Los Angeles Times.

“I’m not crazy, and anybody who knows me will tell you that,” says Laird, lead singer of a Canadian rock band called Pandamonia, which performed a Canada Day gig in Ottawa last month.

This is also shown on another very interesting website called "Return of the Revolutionaries" that discusses "The Case for Reincarnation and Soul Groups Reunited". It has an extensive list of currently famous people's pictures alongside the image of the individuals they were in a past life.

That link is here: www.johnadams.net...

Very interesting read.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Marilyn Monroe died on Aug 5, 1962. This woman is 43? That's cutting it very close. Was her mother already preganant with her when Marilyn died? If so then the woman is dead wrong about being Marilyn.

I have never heard of an alleged* reincarnation turnaround be that fast. Instantly going from death to the next incarnation?

* gotta say 'alleged' because it hasn't been proven as fact ... although I do believe it does happen from time to time.

quote from the story -

The assertion that people reincarnate quickly, almost continually, is supported by the fact that Suzanne Ghanem was born only 10 days after Hanan Monsour died.

I don't believe this to be true. I have two womb memories .. really. 'They' say it's impossible, but I do. For that to happen a soul has to be in the womb WAY before 10 days before birth. I have read of others having womb memories as well.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I recall other "incarnations" of Marilyn.

Die your hair blonde, get some sexy clothes and talk with a whisper, and you're there.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Marilyn Monroe died on Aug 5, 1962. This woman is 43? That's cutting it very close. Was her mother already preganant with her when Marilyn died? If so then the woman is dead wrong about being Marilyn.

Yeah it would have been a quick turnover.

Here is another long article on the LA Times website:
latimes.com

You can find a lot of articles by Googling "Sherrie Lea Laird".

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I recall other "incarnations" of Marilyn.

Die your hair blonde, get some sexy clothes and talk with a whisper, and you're there.

Yes there are many others who make the same claim. However, the doctor working with her has said that under hypnosis, she can identify Marilyn's relatives in photos (and other details of Marilyn's life).

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
She says she's a singer. Could any of this be a hoax on her part to sell records? I'm open to reincarnation possibilities but I'm also cynical. It wouldn't be hard to look up facts about monroe and then 'remember' them in hypnosis. And like dg said .. hairdye and facial expressions can be fabricated ....

But the big thing is the alleged quick turn around ...

I'm going to lean on the side of not believing her. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She says she's a singer. Could any of this be a hoax on her part to sell records?

Here is a quote from the news article about that from the Canada.com site:

“I know some people will say I’m doing this for the band. If that was true, I would have done it 10 or 20 years ago. This could ruin my career.”

Source: canada.com

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I read the entire LA article; it seems that her mother had suffered a miscarriage two months prior to her conception, so the timing isn't too far off.

Also, I once met a girl, back in '89, who was a friend of my sisters. She claimed she was the reincarnation of Buddy Holly. She knew things that she couldn't have had any possible knowledge of, until some years later.

Apparently, as a toddler, when she heard his songs, she would know the words before they were finished playing. Even her own parents felt that she was the reincarnation of Buddy Holly.

Where she is now; I couldn't possibly say. She was 14 years old in '89, so do the maths. She is no doubt married with children of her own. The thing I am trying to get at is that maybe some souls who die tragically young choose to come back and live again in another body.

In some religions; reincarnation isn't impossible. Also, I was clinically dead in '99 and I chose to come back to my body. That is right, I said I chose to come back. I had the choice to go deeper into the light, or come back. The choice was mine. I felt the prescences of other souls there and it is a long story to tell so I sha'nt go into it in depth.

Basically, what I am saying is to consider the possibility that the freedom of choice we experience in life; we also, have in death.

Also, I believe Earthbound souls choose to reincarnate so that they can right the wrongs they did in their previous life.

As I also believe those who have fulfilled their lives here on Earth choose to go deeper into the light, and where that takes them it is hard to guess.

Life is a conumdrum at the best of times; why should death be any different.

Besides our true beings are not beings of flesh and blood, but of spirit, who have chosen to live embodied in flesh and blood. Our bodies are only a facsimile of our spiritual beings.

I believe anything is possible in regards to the nature of our spirits. We are connected to each other in spirit; although we like to deny that fact in the flesh, which means that we are connected to the universe and all the glory it has to behold.

When I hear the phrase,'The Spirit is Willing, but the Flesh is Weak', in itself indicates that the Spirit is not of the flesh, but the flesh of the spirit. Imagine the body as a car, and the Spirit as the driver.

We can change cars that we choose to drive in; so why not have the choice of body we choose to inhabit.

Ever since my NDE, I have seen my body as a vehicle in which my Spirit moves about in. When my body is no longer able to function properly then I will move on; to where at this point I don't know, but no doubt, I will know when it is my time.

Just a few thoughts to consider in respect to reincarnation of the Spirit. I, also, believe in a strange way that some souls who have done some wrong to another person is given a second chance to put things right, before entering into the light.
Whether that be an NDE, or reincarnation, the choice is theirs. I can't judge, or say to what extent that they are allowed to commit that wrong, before they are given another chance. (i.e. murder, rape, etc.) That isn't my decision to make.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

“I know some people will say I’m doing this for the band. If that was true, I would have done it 10 or 20 years ago. This could ruin my career.”

This quote is ridiculous as any publicity, good or bad, is better than no publicity. Ask anyone in show business and they will tell you. When people stop saying good or bad things about you, that's when you've become a nobody again.

This woman is obviously looking for publicity. And I am a firm believer in reincarnation...so don't think I am trying to bash the whole philosophy, because I am not.

My daughter went to a past life progressionist and she too was told she was Marylin Monroe in a past life. Certainly if someone is one of these PLRs, and they are fakes, they are going to want to tell the person something fantastic so they keep coming back for more and keep dishing out the cash!! The same idiotic regressionist also told my daughter that she was in a concentration camp during WWII. Now...you do the math. I had to point out to my daughter that MM died in 1962 and was 36 years old. Meaning she was born in 1926 making it impossible for my daughter to be MM in a past life and also someone in a concentration camp because that would mean that MM was in a concentration camp and we all know that didn't happen. My daughter was pissed. Pretty poor regressionist she was going to wouldn't you say??

This whole story is nonsense....sorry! One thing I've read about these regressionists also...they always tell people they were either famous people or people that led interesting lives. They never tell people they were just a common person leading a generally boring life...as most of the world is at all times. The odds of any of us having been famous in our last life or any past lives is pretty slim..........

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
This whole story is nonsense....sorry! One thing I've read about these regressionists also...they always tell people they were either famous people or people that led interesting lives. They never tell people they were just a common person leading a generally boring life...as most of the world is at all times. The odds of any of us having been famous in our last life or any past lives is pretty slim..........

Ok I will agree with you that a lot of regressionists may tell people what they want to hear in order to make money, but this woman knew information about MM before seeing a professional about it. I think that we need to keep an open mind about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
en.wikipedia.org...

I have never heard of an alleged* reincarnation turnaround be that fast. Instantly going from death to the next incarnation?

I don't think she is telling the truth, for 1 when you are born its born from 72 hrs after mom and dad do woopie.

Their for, It is impossible for her soul to take over another who is already there.

That's like me saying well I like this car, altho you own it I am going to take it anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Marilyn Monroe died on Aug 5, 1962. I am 43 and I was born in May of 1963. The soul enters the body at the time of birth (my opinion from what I've learned about reincarnation). I don't see an issue with the timing.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ok I will agree with you that a lot of regressionists may tell people what they want to hear in order to make money, but this woman knew information about MM before seeing a professional about it. I think that we need to keep an open mind about it.

She knew information about MM? So? I can learn a ton of information about her in 15 minutes without moving from where I am sitting!

I don't think we need to keep an open mind about this!

The soul enters the body at the time of birth (my opinion from what I've learned about reincarnation). I don't see an issue with the timing.

That is correct.....that is your opinion.

I think I'm going to go find out what very famous person died about a year before I was born, get together with some hack regressionsist and see if we can make us some money!! The hell with the lotterry! I just figured out how I can retire early!! I SMELL A BOOK DEAL!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This isn't true. Monroe was contacted successfully by many mediums, this decade I think.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
This isn't true. Monroe was contacted successfully by many mediums, this decade I think.

or so they say.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by SteveR

or so they say.

Hmmm....that's funny. You could say the same thing about this woman you started this thread about.....no?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
Also, I believe Earthbound souls choose to reincarnate so that they can right the wrongs they did in their previous life.

Or right the wrongs they had done to them???

Has this alleged Marilyn told anyone the story of how she (Marilyn) died?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Has this alleged Marilyn told anyone the story of how she (Marilyn) died?

The articles say that she claims she killed herself with an accidental overdose. Of course I'm wondering that if she were passed out and someone came in and admistered the fatal dose... would she know that?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

quote: Originally posted by SteveR

or so they say.

Hmmm....that's funny. You could say the same thing about this woman you started this thread about.....no?

True! I'm just making a point that either of them could be fakers.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi... EightyM, good 2 see ya, pal!

I'm afraid I'm gonna disagree here... !
Truth Serum! So... nobody can go on conclusions just like that... there's a lot to study

top topics

<<   2 >>

join