It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worlds Biggest Nuke

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Adventually, the nukes are gonna be so big... that one would destroy the entire planet.

*Sets stop watch* timing now.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glowworm
Hello everyone... this is my first post on ATS... Just to let you all know the Russians did have the largest Nuc ever produced. The weapon was 100MT detonated at half yeild. The reason it was only detinated at half yeild was due to them not truly knowing what a 100MT weapon would do, theories did exsist though. The crew that dropped the bomb was never told they were on a suicide mission either, both crew and plan were destroyed. There is video of the detination from four different cameras that i have seen, three of the four were destroyed as well. Im not sure if the film is still classified, so i won't elaborate on this anymore. but there is a massive area of siberia russia that is uninhabital due to this detination. The discovery channel or TLC did a documentary on it a few years back. I know this info because i am a 2W2 in the USAF and this is my specialty. Have any questions feel free to ask!

That's so cool...

Where did u see the video? I don't think it's classified cause alot of stuff now in Russian Archives is declassified

I'm making a website with a section devoted to the Tsar Bomba, check it out...

www.angelfire.com...

it's not finished yet, but about 70% done with the Tsar bomba section... I could use your help if u got some cool info about the test..

but the crew/plane did survive..the pilot was made Hero of Soviet union

check out the message board on the site devoted to Tsar Bomba talk

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Check this out, what i have found!

Fastwalkers (DVD)

Watch the video! A MUST SEE!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I noticed noone put up a video link for that bomb.

video.google.com...

The Tsar - Enjoy

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
hi guys, as we all love big mf explosions try watching trinity and beyod it on a few torrent sites, basicly the history of nukes

I also heard about the former USSR planning a doomsday device which was a huge nuke underground wrapped in cobalt(sure theres some threds on here about it) so if the USSr was ever destroyed the would take the rest of the worl out in a nuclear winter then come out there dumbs when its safe.

any1 know about the US's nuke cannon,see here

www.youtube.com...

how it gives justa little nuke more of a kick,
this make me wonder what the result of a icbm coming down a supersonic seeds would do?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Does anyone know what the worlds biggest nuke is/was?

Didn't the Russians create the worlds biggest nuke? a 300 Megaton bomb that created a ditch 12 km's down and 300km's across?

I recall saying that before, although it wasnt Russia, it was the US, and dont bother saying it doesnt exist, as its been dismantled and put in a museum and i've seen the pictures.

Nerd you don't know what you're talking about,the US didn't bother trying to make bigger bombs than the Soviets. The US had nothing close to the Tsar Bomb. Stop talking BS.

I've seen the #ing thing.

I see times haven't changed... your still a #ing moron .

ROFLMAO. The USA never made a nuke bigger than the 57 megaton tsar bomba, and feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, calling people a #ing moron isn't the way to go, and marks unproffesionalism especially because you're a mod.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
love the way u make the peace PisTonZOR, your very resonable as always

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEODI
I was watching a program on the history channel once and they were talking about how once a nuclear crazy scientist suggested to Nikita Kruschev that they build an atom bomb the size of a giant tanker ship. It was meant to be like a suicide thing so if the soviets cant live then nobody an lol. But even kruschev was not that crazy so the idea never went into effect.

I saw that too, and I was about to post a question about it until I came upon your post. I too would like to know more about this. But I was under the impression that they did construct it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'am pretty confortable with the truth. I think is more to do with us....

Who we are & How we came to be?!?

We must brake the veil of secrets and also this geocentric point of view! Ready or not, the truth must come out as soon as possible!

..Sorry for my English, im Italian.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Amen brother.

SUPPORT NORML.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluetwo
The largest American weapon was the Mk 41 which had a yield of approx. 24 Mt.

I was going to provide a link to the "Castle Bravo" bomb. I made a mistake. I was thinking the "Castle Bravo" nuclear bomb was bigger. Turns out it was just the largest "detonated."

[edit on 14-1-2007 by LostSailor]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I suspect you and the other poster are confusing fact with Fiction.

Closest I can find to any reality was Herman Kahn who proposed a variety of scenario's including a 'Doomsday Device'.

I'm not aware of and cannot find any evidence of such a device ever being seriously contemplated by anyone.

Thats not to say it wasn't but something of that nature would likely leave some kind of record even if its simply early discussions before going "dark".

p.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
ROFLMAO. The USA never made a nuke bigger than the 57 megaton tsar bomba, and feel free to prove me wrong.

True the US never felt the need for such a weapon as militarily it was pretty useless. All it was a Soviet attempted at sabre rattling and Kruschev's attempt at ego stroking.

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Also, calling people a #ing moron isn't the way to go, and marks unproffesionalism especially because you're a mod.

Standards back in the day must have been pretty lax. To bad I wasn't around to join in all the fun.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I lived in Adak alaska (naval base) during the early 1980's..... and there was always rumors that there was a massive nuke there.... of course most people believe that nukes were never stored there... but i have seen with my own eyes, MASSIVE movable concrete slabs on rails, well over 50'X50' storing god knows what, i always believed they were silo's and was always told not to worry about it by my parents at the time.... i was only 8... the fact that Adak closed not to long after the cold war doesnt suprise me either

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join