It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LDS Supports Hamas??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
www.frontpagemag.com...

Okay ... I found this disturbing. LDS gave 1.6 million to an Islamic 'charity' with ties to Hamas.

The Israeli government has put the 'charity' on it's terrorist list for supporting Hamas. I don't have any info that says the US government has. It could be, but I haven't seen it.

With so many people here in America needing help why would a religion, that is mostly found in America, give so much money to questionable overseas groups that may (or may not) have terrorist ties? I know that there has been difficulties between the LDS and Jewish groups in the past. This was mostly over the LDS practice of baptism of the dead and the LDS was baptising enmasse Jewish dead.

SO ... I have to wonder why the multimillion $$$ donations to a group that is linked to Hamas?

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Because Hamas is not purely a military organisation? Hamas is heavily involved in relief work. That is one of the reasons why they are so much in favour with the people. If you remove all Islamic charity organisations in the region which might have ties to Hamas, I don't think there will be many left.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is very odd.

As it seems to me that the Mormon church, is a supporter of the Zionist entity which is actually anti-Jewish(Zionists abuse the Jewish people in order to attain their own ends).

It's hard to say with these things; for example: Do we even know what the real goals of Hamas are?(Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Islam and authentic Judaism, as opposed to Zionism.)

And is the Mormon church only donating to Hamas as a front; meaning that said donation is only to avert peoples attention, because the Mormon church actually supports Zionism as opposed to the Palestinian people?

It may sound far-fetched, but the Zionist bankers used the Nazi party to slaughter the Jewish people, in order to help justify establishing a Zionist State in Israel(I've posted on this quite a bit in other threads if anyone cares to perform a search).

Things aren't always what they seem...

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm a Mormon, and my hunch, based on a lifetime in the faith, is that whoever was in charge of making that donation happen had no idea about the possible Hamas connection. I have no idea whether the allegation that that charity group is a front for Hamas is true or not. Certainly, if it is not involved with Hamas, then nothing wrong happened, and quite a bit that was good. If the money did go to Hamas, then, obviously, a huge mistake was made, and, I believe, one that would have been unintentional, although perhaps possibly avoided if more research had been done.

Just as a few asides to comment on some things that people have said or alluded to:

-LDS/Jews did have a bit of tension over the baptism for the dead issue, as FlyersFan mentioned; there's a thread or two on ATS about it. Except for that, though, the relationship between the two faiths has been pretty good.
-while I'm not sure that the LDS church can be called Zionist (especially since there are different definitions of the word) they do support the existence of a Jewish nation, and actually have done so since virtually the beginnings of the LDS church.
-the LDS church has worked on numerous times with Muslim organizations in the past on various charity projects. The most recent that I can think of off the top of my head was some work that the LDS did with some Muslim group (whose name I forget) after hurricane Katrina blasted New Orleans.

top topics

join