It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 arrested in london

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
havent seen this mentioned here yet but 14 people have been arrested in london on terrorist charges and the arrests are said not to be related to the alleged plane plotters who were arrested last month

bbc news
independent news

one of the premises raided was a restaraunt, which was full of people (including children) at the time, when police stormed in wearing riot gear. they stayed around an hour or two talking to a couple of the customers and then arrested them

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It'll be washed away as yet another mistake. Election times here, not to mention the buying season approaching ( I mean Holiday ).

*** Buy Pontiac: Support the War on Terror***

[edit on 9/2/2006 by bothered]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
my brother in the uk reports that they have issued arrest warrents for about 1000 people. not sure where he heard that from but hes gone out so i cant ask him atm. perhaps a uk person here also heard/saw that on the news

[edit on 2-9-2006 by justyc]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
my brother in the uk reports that they have issued arrest warrents for about 1000 people. not sure where he heard that from but hes gone out so i cant ask him atm. perhaps a uk person here also heard/saw that on the news

Not sure what he heard, but on BBC News 24 yesterday they had some chap from MI5 who stated that several thousand british Muslims are being monitored as they have links with terrorism.

Thats alot of terrorists! We'll be having some US bombing campaign and then some regime change on us at this rate!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by justyc

Not sure what he heard, but on BBC News 24 yesterday they had some chap from MI5 who stated that several thousand british Muslims are being monitored as they have links with terrorism.

Thats alot of terrorists! We'll be having some US bombing campaign and then some regime change on us at this rate!

Here in this country, US, we have a large population of Muslims. In my area, we happen to have the largest concentration of Iraqi refugees (anyone remember them?).
They are monitored, and they know it. If you study their language and learn to pick up on keywords, you can hear them throw in "subtle shifts" in their dialect to speak to one another more covertly.

I am not saying they're terrorist in anyway, but I know that being watched all the time can tear at one's nerves.

Probably the most interesting time to watch a store owner is when they get the ability to transfer large amounts of funds. I haven't heard too much of any true link yet to terrorism, but then again when one was established in this area as terror related, I got to read two whole paragraphs on the subject, and that was it.

new topics

top topics

join