It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Rice received a memo concerning hijacking threats prior to 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Last week I watched the documentary ''In the footsteps of Bin Laden'' on CNN International, which revealed (to me) a shocking revelation. According to the memo Bush and Rice were aware that Bin Laden was determined to strike on US soil by the use of commercial airliners as missiles.

So they were aware of this prior to 911. Pretty strange, since Rice made another statement in 2002 that: ''no one could possibly imagine a plane could be used as a missile''

And the following:

Prior to today, Rice had described the Bush plan as one to "eliminate al Qaeda" in order to give the impression that Bush was already on the path to killing eliminating the organization. Just today, one of the commissioners, noted that a document was at least partially declassified, which had a different meaning. The document used the term: "eliminate the al Qaeda threat." Quite a difference. After that revelation Rice changed her terms.

The issue becomes how much more has been concealed or distorted. It took 2 and 1/2 years of Rice saying there was no knowledge by the Bush administration of any terrorist in America. The title of the August 6th PDB blew that one out of the water. "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US."

At the time Bush was on a 30 day vacation. A New York Times report said that after getting the August 6th PDB, Bush went fishing.

Modern Tribune

A great example of how a president is ought to behave: after receiving a memo concerning high level terrorist treats, Bush decides not to interrupt its holiday, he rather decides fishing is more import.

Rice had been telling lies for several years, until the memo had been declassified (due to continuous pressuring by the committee)

Personally, I don't think [anymore] like some say, 911 was a False Flag Operation. I think Bush and co were very well aware of 9/11 but did not take action as it then already knew it would be a perfect basis to start a war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

After all, most Westerners, including me were convinced action was necessary to protect our democratic principles after 911 happened.

My apologies in case this has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find any posts on it, I don't like the forum's search engine at all though.

Secret memo - CNN PDF

Over a month before 9/11, during the "summer of threat," President Bush received a Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) at his Crawford, Texas ranch indicating that bin Laden might be planning to hijack commercial airliners.

-Stated to the commission that she [Condoleezza Rice] and Bush considered the August 6th PDB as just an "historical document" and stated that it was not considered a "warning."

a PDB specifically headline "Bin Laden [was] Determined to Strike in US," was not a "warning" by Rice standards. This is despite the fact that the PDB even mentioned that planes may be involved in hijackings.

What Rice herself actually knew by August 6th was enough to be alarming. The is absolutely no doubt she knew Al Qaeda was in the US determined to strike.

However, when asked numerous times what act "she" took, she repeatedly said that either Clarke or her staff had not specifically requested "her" to act. Despite the fact that she testified that she "understood the serious threat of terrorism" before 9/11 and that she was the National Security advisor, she and Bush "expected other people" to be doing their job, like Clarke, the FBI, etc. She appeared to believe that it was not the her job or the job of the President to take initiative based on the warnings received.

Although Rice contended the FBI was alerted one member of the commission pointed out that they had talked to virtually everyone in the FBI and that no one knew anything about any warning regarding the "serious" threat of terrorist attack against the United States.

Modern Tribune

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good work here. This is just one of the many smoking guns that point to high level complicity in the attacks of 911. Continue your seach for the truth!

I like your sig by the way!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There were exercises involving simulated hijackings on the very day that the North East Sector of Norad was left virtually defenceless against a "surprise Al-Qaeda" attack when standard operating procedures dictates that military fighters are scrambled as soon as a hijacking is suspected.

hmmmm...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No, SOP is that fighters are scrambled when the FAA notifies NORAD and requests they be launched. There were only 21 fighters ready to scramble for the entire United States on 9/11 and none of them were involved in the exercises.

top topics

join