It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reputation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I just want say that ATS has a great reputation
i was reading a book called Conspiracies and Secret Socities written by Brad Steiger and Sherry Steiger its a complete book from A to Z filled with conspiracies at the end of the book it mentions great sites to do reasearch at the top of the list was a very own ATS
i just want to say thanks to all the mods and the 3 amigos for bringing us a great site
the best site on the net!
Cyrax

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yep, ATS is a great site, but it's not just the mods and the three amigos,
though albeit they do keep the place running, it's also the membership,
true enough thee are a large number of, for lack of a better term
"members of low standing (the people who attack everyone else,
trolls etc.), but than you have the people like Sardion2000, loam,
CMDRkeenkid and Lysergic
, it's people like them that do the research
and try and enlighten and produce neutral views, (Ok so Lysergic is more
the cool comedian guy, but still) they make this a great
site to.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
sorry to forget the members(my bad)
yes the members here have given me information and changed the ways i think about things!
even the ones i disagreed with
everyone here has made this site the best on the net accept for the trolls and peeps that attack others like you said
so thanks Iori Komei

[edit on 2-9-2006 by CYRAX]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The trolls and the peeps have their place too. How many good quality post have you seen because some troll pissed someone off and they went and wrote a well researched post just to prove the troll wrong. Trolls and peeps kind of keep you on your toes. I think that does help improve the quality of ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The members here on ATS are great. There are so many of us (yes mods are members too) who put so much effort into what we do here.
We all find our places on this huge board and shoot for our goals. Whether your goal here is to learn, get the truth out, or just to interact with others, so many of us go beyond what anyone would ask.
There are some members that do everything they can to help other members. There are some who hammer out the news everyday. There are some that add their real life profession to the board.
All of us working together make this board truly great.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's the members that make the site so great, and the mods try to keep the rabble in line per the T&C.

I think we've stuck a good balance between "Denying Ignorance" and just being "Ignorant".

I've seen the rest, and ATS is the best.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It starts with the T&C. These are the guidelines that everyone here, members and staff, are to go by. In reality, there is no difference between members and staff, we just have a lot more to do and less time to contribute to the board, due to cleaning up the mess of maybe .5% that are troublemakers. Thank God it's only .5%. Only about 50 staff members and over 60,000 registered members, of which there is at least 3000 active in any given week.

It's your site, it's my site, it's ALL of our site.

First and formost with ATS, there wouldn't be an EXCELLENT site like this without the great membership that we have. Like members, staff also have lives and can't be here 24/7. If you see something that isn't ATS material, PLEASE, use the Complaints/Suggestions button. We appreciate the help. Sometimes you will get a reply, sometimes not BUT you WILL see that your contibution has been acted upon.

ATS will continue to grow as we ALL work together to "Deny Ignorance".

Damn, my fingers are tired.

BTW, thanks guys and gals, for all of your contributions.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The SkepticOverlord, Simon, William One Sac and I have been "online" for many, many years... You see we were online when Al Gore was wondering what that strange new thing called "IRC" was and why was there someone named BigBruiser sending shutdowns to his Commodore 64.

Seriously though... We really have been involved in website ownership, management or creation since way back in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

In all that time I, for one, have never seen a community like this one. When one of us goes through a difficult stage THOUSANDS respond. When a new hoax is cast upon the cyber waters the ATS "B.S. net" always seems to bring it into shore, peal the layers of crud back and expose the B.S. within its core.

I have never seen a group so varied in demographic yet so connected in spirit in my 43 years.

It is truly a great source of pride and awe for me to count myself one of the owners of this incredible site.

Last weekend I had the ultimate good fortune of going to Manhattan and hanging out with the super human SkepticOverlord and the GREAT ONE, the AboveTopSecret.com EditorInChief himself, William One Sac
I have to say that when one considers the minds behind ATS (not mine, but my partners) it makes perfect sense that most brilliant, polite and ignorance denying people in cyberspace would call this place "home".

Without doubt, the Membership of this site is the heart, the mind and the soul that makes this place what it is. Everyday I am amazed by something I read posted by a Member. Everyday I break out laughing out loud by the intelligent wit we are surrounded by here. It is truly an honor, and huge privilege, to be part of this site.

Springer...

[edit on 9-2-2006 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Shame about the whole Serpo thing though, whatever happened to "deny ignorence"

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by akabigfoot

OK, that's pretty open to interpretation. What do you mean?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ignorance: Denied!

When it became clear that the hoaxers behind Serpo were changing the story based on what was posted on ATS, Serpo was shut down here, because aiding and abetting lies and deceit are contrary to the goal of Denying Ignorance, and the owners want no part of that (see T&C #1).
:shk:

So that's what that was about.

As for the reputation of ATS, I certainly agree that the Amigos deserve major kudos for making ATS what it is, but they are always quick to point out that what sets ATS apart is the quality of the membership, and I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Yeah, we have our moments and God knows we never really seem to agree on anything, but that's actually our strength.

Anyone who's spent some time online knows how awful it is to be on a board that tries to tell you what to think or shouts you down because you don't follow the party line.

On ATS, the rules are simple and anyone who can express an opinion without breaking them can say whatever the hell they want. For such a simple thing, that's extremely important.

Does that mean ATS is for everyone? Nope, not at all.

But the good news is: if folks don't like ATS, there are plenty of alternatives out there, and more power to them.

The fact that I hang out here and not somewhere else, however, indicates that I consider ATS the best.

If not, I'd be on whatever the best board is, and I'm not shy about saying so.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Mods and Amigos

its ok....take a bow guys.... a really big bow here.

While I(being a member) will take this opportunity to pat myself on the back(suddenly a snap is heard from TONE23's arm)...DOH!
"probably shouldnt have done that"-mutters TONE23.

But seriously
The membership remains as high calliber as it does becuase of the staff. It is the attention to the continuing practice of ettiquette that you guys expect of your membership that keeps the members in line.

If it were not for this dedication to a higher standard of conduct this board would have lost its civility a long long time ago.

I have seen it time and again that you guys step in to remind members to keep it "above the belt". And you all do a wonderful and consistent job of it.

so really, thank you guys for making this site great. 110%

thank you for your time,
Tone

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Big round of applause for ATS.

And I mean the whole of ATS- the forums, the mods, the administrators, the contributors, and the members.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Shame about the whole Serpo thing though

Yeah, nobody is perfect though. Call it the exception that proves the rule

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I actually thought the whole SERPO thing with it's numerous tangent threads and drama was a perfect example of ATS in action.

I also enjoy the buffet in the rec room.

Spider

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The members?

I hate the members. With all of their membering, and posting....

ONLY JOKING!!! I LOOOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Truly, the community is what make ATS. We all have our place.

There are those who are well known on the whole of ATS, and those who are known in specific forums.
There are those who spend their time here making qulity posts about life, the universe and everything, and those who prefer to just sit back and read.

Even the trolls and "OMFG THRE IS AN ALEEUN IN MY HUOSE RITE NOW!!!!111" posters are important.
When they post something completely incredulous, the whole community unites and poops on there pointless, blatantly false threads.

ATS, I salute you. I'm going to have a quick drink in your honour. Then another in my honour. Then another in honour of the internet...and the rest will be for the hell of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ATS closely resembles the discourse found in the "old town square" more than any other vehicle.

The membership is outstanding!

The diversity is stunning!

I, for one, am glad to be a part of it.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
ATS closely resembles the discourse found in the "old town square" more than any other vehicle.

I never thought of that!

"Hear ye, hear ye! Mysterious ball of light sighted o'er ye old Washington. New evidence suggests Meiser Bush ordered destruction of the mighty Towers Twinned!"

We're moving back to the Dark Ages!! And I'm already wearing my potato sack!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have learned so much at ATS!!! I feel like a walking conspiracy encyclopedia

Some may not beleive me on the outside, but who cares. I know lots and its all thanks to ATS.

Hey, your average person doesnt know about UFO motherships circling the Sun, nor do they know much about the world in general.

WE DO!!!!!

ats- I love you!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Bah! I hate ATS. I hate it (I acually love it) because its the first place I go when I am veiwing the net, and the last place I go. It seems right when I get tired of ATS I find something that sucks me back in.

We should all take this time to thank the big three, the mods, and most of all each other for making this place what it is.

The Great ATS.

Thank you everyone, LGM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join