It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Another Interesting Article for all you knowledge seekers

www.mars-earth.com...

www.mars-earth.com...

The Sumerian cuneiform deciphering skills of Zecharia Sitchin, a linguist in command of many ancient languages who has set the scientific world on its ear with his astounding interpretations of ancient writings. In 1976, Sitchin's first book, The Twelfth Planet, began an odyssey that has literally transformed the field of ancient history; in 1993 came the sixth book in his Earth Chronicle series, When Time Began. Among other mind boggling assertions, this book links the complex calendar of Stonehenge and the puzzling ruins of Tiahuanacu in Peru to the ancient culture of the Sumerians, and by extension, to the Nibiruans, who are also called the Anunnaki. These are the folks Sitchin insists not only created the Sumerian culture, but who also genetically created human beings as we know them. And yes, they live on this mysterious 12th planet, Nibiru. (The meaning of "Nefilim", an enigmatic group mentioned in the Old Testament. Translated, "Nefilim" means "those who came down.)

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Nephilim were Angelic in nature...gigantic humanoids that were as tall as 9 feet and were very well built. They descended to earth and, against god's wishes, taught humanity "forbidden skills" such as the ability to write, chart the skies, and heal wounds. I've read quite a lot about the Nephilim (Also called watchers by the apocryphal studies) because I've written a sci-fi novel which follows the life of one of them, the son of Kokabel. (Still trying to get it published)

They were punished by god for teaching humans their skills (There were over 200 of them with about 20 "Commanders") and were cursed with the desire to ingest blood and flesh to survive. Supposedly, they all died, and those that remained were banished to hell.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thankyou for your input however, i don't believe in hell as being anything more than a Myth used by the church to scare people into loving God (or else) and else isn't very nice

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think humans are the product of something alien, but I do not take any theories on artificial genetic alteration to hold truth. IMO, humanity is the result of technology hating humans that came from another planet to settle here. They may or may not have realized the mess that it would degenerate into once they got rid of all their old knowledge.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hell comes from the jerusalem garbage tip which jesus's followers thought was the worst place on earth. I think it was called helli or helle some thing like that.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Thankyou for your input however, i don't believe in hell as being anything more than a Myth used by the church to scare people into loving God (or else) and else isn't very nice

I'm not saying I believe in it, just that I've read it in the apocryphal studies.

This is the same book in which Jesus' brother said his father told him "Time stopped" when mary gave birth.

interesting...yes

believable? Can't say.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega

Originally posted by Sapphire

I'm not saying I believe in it, just that I've read it in the apocryphal studies.

This is the same book in which Jesus' brother said his father told him "Time stopped" when mary gave birth.

interesting...yes

believable? Can't say.

hi Kai-Raega, i was actually half asleep when i wrote my reply so it wasnt as detailed or accurate as it could have been but yes thats really interesting i'd like to study more upon that. I don't believe in everything i read as set in stone but i look at all the facts as nothing can be either 100% right nor wrong. There is a slice of truth in everything.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raptor
Hell comes from the jerusalem garbage tip which jesus's followers thought was the worst place on earth. I think it was called helli or helle some thing like that.

Yes the garbage dump outside the city walls of Jerusalem that Jesus hated, ghenna? this is what he meant when he spoke of hell. The Jews didn't actually believe in or teach a place of eternal torment, when you died you simply just ceased to exist until God re-awoken you.

top topics

join