It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the Republicans...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok, it is widely accepted that Bush lied to the nation about WMD. He hasn't been great for the economy, healthcare costs are spiralling out of control, and he is taking away your civil liberties.

My question to the Republicans here is what are your plans and what will you do in the 2004 election?

Will you vote for Bush eventhough you believe these things to be true because he is your Republican leader?

Will you deny these things to be true and say he is doing a good job and vote for him?

Will you not vote at all?

Will you fight for new leadership in the Republican party?

Would you vote for a non-Republican candidate to send a message to Bush and the Republican party that he has to be true to the people that elected him?

Or something else...?

Please share your thoughts...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You're not gonna get a response. A repugnant drone cannot think for himself---that's part of being a repugnant. They will only give you an opinion when their leadership tells them what it it is. They aren't a very intelligent people as you can see from their "glorious leader."

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Colonel:

A fan of Boondocks??? I love that comic. I have most of them cut out of the paper and placed in a scrapbook. It's the Doonsebury of the 21st century. I especially love the Condy Rice thing they have going on now...with them trying to write her a personals ad to find her a man. I tried to do the same with Ann Coulter. Had a section of my website devoted to offering Ann a one night stand with me so that not only she could ditch the attitude that comes with extreme virginity, but also feel "sexy" for the first time in her life.

And, as far as I'm concerned, you are right. I've been lurking these boards back since late early 2001 (Back when I went by the nickname Machina-X) and one thing I've noticed is that the people running this site and working as moderators are all staunch Republicans. Netchicken, William, they are all intelligent men, but also hardcore Republicans. It's funny to say the least.

I don't hate all Republicans, for what it's worth I actually like Bob Dole and have been a fan of his. His "people" forced him to be somebody he wasn't in the 96 election. He once said in a C-span televised speech that he wanted to give thanks to the Democrats who helped him get where he is, but his "handlers" told him not to or they'd leave him. He admits to being "Molded" and refers to the current administration as a bunch of nuts.

You can't make this stuff up.

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Boondocks!!! I knew his avatar looked familiar.

Okay I am not Republician as you might've guessed, but I don't consider myself democrat either.

Anyways, My grandfather is a die hard republician, he thinks Bush is basically christ. He can see no wrong he's done, he believes that he saved us from terrorist blah blah typical # and I know he'll vote for bush again.

Even though I was like man, the economy has sucked, He told me, it's on the rise thanks to bush, I was just like whatever and don't bother speaking about it with him.

George Bush could come out and say I am an alien. And If was like HE SAID IT HE SAID IT.

He'd be like oh no, he is a great man, Rush Limbaugh said so.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
Colonel:

A fan of Boondocks??? I love that comic. I have most of them cut out of the paper and placed in a scrapbook. It's the Doonsebury of the 21st century. I especially love the Condy Rice thing they have going on now...with them trying to write her a personals ad to find her a man. I tried to do the same with Ann Coulter. Had a section of my website devoted to offering Ann a one night stand with me so that not only she could ditch the attitude that comes with extreme virginity, but also feel "sexy" for the first time in her life.

And, as far as I'm concerned, you are right. I've been lurking these boards back since late early 2001 (Back when I went by the nickname Machina-X) and one thing I've noticed is that the people running this site and working as moderators are all staunch Republicans. Netchicken, William, they are all intelligent men, but also hardcore Republicans. It's funny to say the least.

I don't hate all Republicans, for what it's worth I actually like Bob Dole and have been a fan of his. His "people" forced him to be somebody he wasn't in the 96 election. He once said in a C-span televised speech that he wanted to give thanks to the Democrats who helped him get where he is, but his "handlers" told him not to or they'd leave him. He admits to being "Molded" and refers to the current administration as a bunch of nuts.

You can't make this stuff up.

yeah, its the Boondocks. Huey represents my personality somehwhat here on ATS.

Yes, most of the mods are republicans. I have had many running battles with them and have come close to being banned----but still here.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Boondocks!!! I knew his avatar looked familiar.

Okay I am not Republician as you might've guessed, but I don't consider myself democrat either.

Anyways, My grandfather is a die hard republician, he thinks Bush is basically christ. He can see no wrong he's done, he believes that he saved us from terrorist blah blah typical # and I know he'll vote for bush again.

Even though I was like man, the economy has sucked, He told me, it's on the rise thanks to bush, I was just like whatever and don't bother speaking about it with him.

George Bush could come out and say I am an alien. And If was like HE SAID IT HE SAID IT.

He'd be like oh no, he is a great man, Rush Limbaugh said so.

You should ask your Grandad why Rush isn't in jail like everyone Rush screams about who buys illegal narcotics.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Before this topic gets invaded by them, I figured I'd share some insights about the Republican party.

In my last job, I worked with a *LOT* of Republicans. Because I wanted a raise, and because I prefer to manipulate and use idiots whenever possible, I gave them the impression that I too was Republican.

I "found out" a lot of odd things about the men I worked with. (Show me a female Republican and I'll show you a 40 year old unmarried and bitter woman.) They confided in me that they were "Teased" in school and that the pot-smoking, beer drinking, partying "cool people" who "Opressed" them were Liberals.

Everything made sense to me at that point.

Tucker Carlson, Rush Limbaugh, Trent Lott...can you really see these guys chillin' with a doobie and knocking back a few brews? Of course not. They were "Squares" in their college days during the 60's (A time known for free sex and fun) and secretly envy the "Liberals" for the fun they had while they were busy kissing up to the professors. I've seen their kind, I've dealt with their kind...these loveless, joyless freaks infest politics and are like a cancer that simply will not go away.

You'll get some Elephants on here that will berate me, flame me, maybe even I'll get banned again, but the proof is there.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Colonel, believe me we've had that discussion, I was like he is a POS hypocrit, shouldn't he been in jail?

He tries to come at me with the oh it was prescriptions pills.

To which I say ILLEGAL perscription drugs.

A drug is a drug is a drug is it not?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I "found out" a lot of odd things about the men I worked with. (Show me a female Republican and I'll show you a 40 year old unmarried and bitter woman.) They confided in me that they were "Teased" in school and that the pot-smoking, beer drinking, partying "cool people" who "Opressed" them were Liberals.

Everything made sense to me at that point.

Tucker Carlson, Rush Limbaugh, Trent Lott...can you really see these guys chillin' with a doobie and knocking back a few brews? Of course not. They were "Squares" in their college days during the 60's (A time known for free sex and fun) and secretly envy the "Liberals" for the fun they had while they were busy kissing up to the professors. I've seen their kind, I've dealt with their kind...these loveless, joyless freaks infest politics and are like a cancer that simply will not go away.

The truth is finally out....repugnants are undercover......................................................................................geeks

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Colonel, believe me we've had that discussion, I was like he is a POS hypocrit, shouldn't he been in jail?

He tries to come at me with the oh it was prescriptions pills.

To which I say ILLEGAL perscription drugs.

A drug is a drug is a drug is it not?

So, what does he say? That wife of that Nirvanna guy is facing jail time for the same stuff I believe.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Kai-Raega, interesting thoughts.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Quoted:
"Ok, it is widely accepted that Bush lied to the nation about WMD."

Really? This can go either way.....its all based on "perception". Got any numbers to back this assertion?

"He hasn't been great for the economy"

Really? As has been reported, despite the continued 6% unemployment rate, which is projected to fall to 5% by spring of 2004, the economy, according to third quasrter figures, grew at an annual rate of about 7.2%. That 7.2% is the highest it has been since 1984.....
Let's see.......who just was the President in 1984....wait...it was a 'Repugnant' named.....Ronald Reagan. Let's see if Clinton and Gore can claim responsibility for this growth rate.....like they claimed when they were in office for the "prosperity" that the US went through while 'they' were in term(s). Riiigghhht....

"healthcare costs are spiralling out of control,"

Seems they were "spiralling out of control" when Clinton came into office! Old news.....check with Hitlery on this one.....

"and he is taking away your civil liberties."

Again, this may be partly correct, but lets step back to prior presidential administrations on this also.......Clinton rings a bell.........!

If one took/takes the time to research a bit instead of assuming that these 'assertions' are "fully" correct......one will also see that Colonel continues to blather and blither his anti-repugnant spewage like a good democrack is supposed to........

Your questions are thusly based of your somewhat incorrect 'assertions'......

"Will you vote for Bush eventhough you believe these things to be true because he is your Republican leader?"

As explained above.......

"Will you deny these things to be true and say he is doing a good job and vote for him?"

If one wishes to say "deny these things" then I guess I fall into that category.
As to his doing a "good job"......look at the polls.....

As I stand, the democracks do not offer a viable replacement, at this time........Hitlery may join soon though for you democrack junkies.....
And I am not particularly keen on voting for Bush....

I am currently leaning towards a motion to "abstain" from voting.
Till the democracks provide a "real" candidate, a real national leader, not just a replacement of 'evil' for 'evil'.......my vote will remain in stasis.....maybe.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
On the subject of Pill Use...I'm wondering how Rush is going to spin his abuse once he gets out. For years he and the other Republicans were saying how it was the fault of the Drug User him/herself, and that the government shouldn't help them because they, quote, "MAde their bed and now they have to sleep in it."

The Republican party's beliefs can be summed up like this:

They believe that the poor and underpriveledged are to blame for their poverty and because they cannot go to college while working 70 hours a week at Kmart, that it is their fault for being destitute.

They'll debate me into the ground, but it's true. It's always the fault of the poor for being poor.

You know, I'm thankful that I'm able to lead a "comfortable" life, but I also know that many people, no matter how hard they work, will never enjoy this life. What about the single mother with 2 kids whose husband beat her and left her? You want to blame her for being born into a poor family and for not getting the education needed to succeed? Even if she had a decent education, where will she get the money for college?

And how can she concentrate on her homework and studying when her street is an urban war zone and she has to work part-time after school to help her parents with the car/mortage/utility payments?

That's one thing I hate about Clinton: The welfare to work program. Bad idea.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What's so dangerous about a character
like George Bush is that he gives
the good people bad ideas. The last
thing I need at this point in my
life is fifteen hundred George Bush disciples running around
these halls.
He's very popular; Sportos,
motorheads, geeks, sluts, pinheads,
dweebies, wonkers, richies, they all
adore him.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The Republican party's beliefs can be summed up like this:

They believe that the poor and underpriveledged are to blame for their poverty and because they cannot go to college while working 70 hours a week at Kmart, that it is their fault for being destitute.

They'll debate me into the ground, but it's true. It's always the fault of the poor for being poor.

This is called "The Spirit of Cain." That's why repugnants are going to Hell.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Seems to me, in all fairness and foreplay xenongod, that any president can fit into that comedic saying you got going there.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
What's so dangerous about a character
like George Bush is that he gives
the good people bad ideas. The last
thing I need at this point in my
life is fifteen hundred George Bush disciples running around
these halls.
He's very popular; Sportos,
motorheads, geeks, sluts, pinheads,
dweebies, wonkers, richies, they all
adore him.

You're right, he is very popular with everyone across the board, I won't deny that. The reason he is that popular is the same reason Clinton was.

He is a lovable stooge.

As for Seekerof, I liked his post, and I know a LOT of Republicans around my neck of the woods that feel the same way (And I'm in a BLUE state.)

Sadly, I doubt Bush will lose the upcoming election. The Democrats are fielding a really lousy crew. The man I *want* to run won't (Joe Biden) so there isn't much left.

I Do like Carol Mosely Braun though. She has a beautiful smile (Don't laugh, you can tell a lot from a person that way) and she isn't giving into all the Bush-anger that the Dean-ites and the Clark people are. I'm not saying I dislike the other Democrats, but I think the best leader out of the bunch would be her. I'll vote for whatever Dem makes the cut, but I would rather it be her in the end.

We need a woman in office. I had always hoped Anne Richards would have won her second term and gone on to a higher office (hint hint) but that wasn't meant to happen. I've chatted with some texans online too, and they seem to have liked Anne Richards.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wowzers......"all repugnants are going to hell"......quite harsh and prophetic at the sametime there Colonel.
Question oh Christian though claimest to be.......:
Just who the frock do you think you are to "judge and condemn" repugnants to hell?
Who vested you with the authority of the "AllMighty"?

Deep.......

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I Do like Carol Mosely Braun though. She has a beautiful smile (Don't laugh, you can tell a lot from a person that way) and she isn't giving into all the Bush-anger that the Dean-ites and the Clark people are. I'm not saying I dislike the other Democrats, but I think the best leader out of the bunch would be her.

Repugnatsn would never vote for her. A black Democrat female? Yeah right!

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Wowzers......"all repugnants are going to hell"......quite harsh and prophetic at the sametime there Colonel.
Question oh Christian though claimest to be.......:
Just who the frock do you think you are to "judge and condemn" repugnants to hell?
Who vested you with the authority of the "AllMighty"?

Deep.......

I'm just telling it like it is. Evil sits "comfortably" in the repugnant. That's why they feel no remorse over the poor.

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by Colonel]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join