It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who are non-Christian, Agnostic, or Atheist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Cinosamitna, we cannot control our personality. Only a higher power can control our personality. And the Ultimate "Personality" and Power is God. There is a Power Hierarchy in, of, through and consisting of all of existence that has not been fully disclosed to humans. What has been disclosed is that God is at the Top of the Power Hierarchy. Always pray to God and always reject Satan. Also, pray for intercession from angels and saints.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There is no such thing as an atheist. In reality, atheism was created out of Talmudism and the adherants to atheism nowadays are simply in denial of the fact that they really cannot be too sure. So 'uncertainty' cannot be defined as atheism.

Yes there is such thing as an Atheist.
You have no place saying whom is in denial of what.
I do not believe in any sort of god, I'm not in denial of that.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Yes there is such thing as an Atheist.
You have no place saying whom is in denial of what.
I do not believe in any sort of god, I'm not in denial of that.

If you cannot prove something "is", or "is not", then you cannot say with certainty that something "does" or "does not exist". If you cannot say with certainty that something "does" or "does not exist", then you are 'agnostic', not an atheist.

Atheist means "proven to know" and not "presumes to know".

An atheist cannot claim to know more than any scientist because if a scientist cannot prove they KNOW something either way, they claim to be UNCERTAIN.

Atheists have no right to claim they "KNOW" something because all they can claim is to be "UNCERTAIN", and this mean agnostic.

:w:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
iori_komei, are you an atheist in all languages, or just English? Some Russians are believers in Russian, but are atheists in English.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna

Atheists have no right to claim they "KNOW" something because all they can claim is to be "UNCERTAIN", and this mean agnostic.

No offense, but that is rediculous. An Atheist BELIEVES there is no G-d. An Agnostic BELIEVES that there is no way to know for sure.

An Atheist doesn't claim to "know" there isn't a G-d, anymore than a Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc., claims to "know" there is.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Pink_Cola due atheists believe in supernaturalness? If they do, is it controlled by evil forces (Satan)? If they don't, is it controlled by randomness where humans arrogantly think they can discover everything through "science" rather than Immense Spirituality? Do you think a human being can create a subatomic particle, a cell, a galaxy, or Infinite Dimensions and Universes?

May God Touch You and Bless You!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

No offense, but that is rediculous. An Atheist BELIEVES there is no G-d. An Agnostic BELIEVES that there is no way to know for sure.

An Atheist doesn't claim to "know" there isn't a G-d, anymore than a Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc., claims to "know" there is.

When scientists cannot prove something, they do not say " I do not believe", they say "I do not know for sure", or " I cannot prove it" So why should athiests be considered anything other than a personality cult of people who are in denial, of having to come to terms with that 'thing' which they are unwilling to investigate for themselves?

An agnostic in denial, is an 'athiest", who has yet to accept that Absolute truths can only be "yes", or "no". I respect agnostics because they can honestly say they are unsure. An atheist is too proud to come to terms with having to admitt to themselves that they are not sure.

Btw, A religious person is an agnostic unless they can turn 'believing in G-d" into "knowing G-d. There is no in between - either you know, or you do not know.

To believe in everythiness, or to believe in "nothingness" is still to not know. Call it whatever you will, but there are no real athiests.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
GreatTech,

I am not an Atheist, but I will attempt to answer your questions.

If by "supernaturalness" you mean things which cannot be explained, then no, Atheists believe that even though things have yet to be understood, they can be by using some sort of scientific method. Since scientific method in their view does not corroberate with the "evidence" (such as stories in religious texts), the source becomes discredited. No evidence=No G-d. As far as humans being able to create things such as galaxies and cells, I'd venture to guess there is no single collective
thought as to wether or not humans will ever evolve to the point where this is possible.

Cinosamitna,

You are confusing "belief" and "knowledge". I'm speaking for myself here, but I am not atheist, or agnostic, but I do not claim to "know" G-d. Belief requires faith and strength, whereas knowledge does not. For me to claim to know G-d, that would require me to understand His omniscience, omnipotence, and omnibenevolence, which as a human being, I cannot. To do so, would be arrogant at best, imo.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by Pink_Cola]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Cinosamitna,

You are confusing "belief" and "knowledge". I'm speaking for myself here, but I am not atheist, or agnostic, but I do not claim to "know" G-d. Belief requires faith and strength, whereas knowledge does not. For me to claim to know G-d, that would require me to understand His omniscience, omnipotence, and omnibenevolence, which as a human being, I cannot. To do so, would be arrogant at best, imo.

I share a similar opinion of G-d. The difference between an agnostic or spiritual person is only in experience. The relative truth here is that we can Know God relatively speaking. The Absolute truth is that as long as we are human, we cannot know G-d in the absolute sense.

However, not knowing G-d in the Absolute sense does not provide the excuse for those who wish to accept in the falsehood of 'illusions' calling 'non-belief' in something a reason to cover for their own uncertainty.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What do you think of Jesus Christ?

I believe that Jesus was the first (recorded) human being to realize that human beings are simply animals on a higher level of consciousness. He realized that social hierarchies, while functional in their purpose, ultimately did not benefit mankind. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Imagine a world where someone doesn't think they are better than you because they have some hotshot law degree and they make "x" number of dollars more than you. Because they are in charge of more people than you. More people of the opposite s*x are attracted to them. Imagine if such a person existed and instead of letting their ego go wild they simply:

1. Took no joy in being better at the english language or being better at interpreting the law than you. Instead they took joy in passing every bit of their knowledge to you and making you every bit as good as they are.

2. Took no joy in making more money than the average person. Instead they assisted the less fortunate. Instead they taught everything they know (about making money) to others so that others could capitalize on this knowledge and be as successful as they are.

3. Took no joy in being a boss-like figure. Instead they educated others so that everyone had a chance to be in charge.

4. Took no joy in attracting multitudes of the opposite s*x. Instead they were happy to be close and affectionate to everyone. They educated others who were not as good at finding a mating or dating partner.

Conclusion--- Jesus understood that ultimately throwing your ego aside would be the only way for mankind to reach it's true potential. This alternate way of thinking didn't sit too well with the nobility and (according to Christian Gospels) didn't sit well with Pontious Pilate either.

What are your views of Eternal Life?

Exists.... but not in a way that your mind can really fully wrap around. If reality isn't just a random accident, then it is a purposeful creation/thought/whatever. If we hold the view that it is purposeful then it simply serves one purpose... to give the creator experience.

"God" would have to be everything. Otherwise you get back into the philosophical maze of "who/what created God?" Not a good idea. So I think of God as quite literally everything and anything. This includes anything that I see or think of in this reality plus alllllll the other stuff that is unseeable and unthinkable.

I think life is an illusion (due to your limited mind). It is only in your mind that you are seperate from the Universe. Only in your mind that you are seperate from God. Only in your mind that you are seperate from me. Only in your mind that you are seperate from extraterrestrials. Only in your mind that you seperate from dinosaurs. If God is everything, then God is all of those things. So you are quite literally God. Although it may seem that you physically get old and die, this is simply another illusion. God cannot get old and die. Because God is and always will be.

You are one tiny pixel in an image of such beauty and complexity that it completely boggles the mind. The image is not static, it is constantly changing. Yes one day the tiny pixel that you perceive as you will not be there. It will be a different color. But there will always be the image. The image is eternal. You are part of the image. Therefore, you are eternal. Because if you want to admit it or not.... you are God. You are here to experience this particular physical reality. It doesn't matter if your intentions are good or evil. It doesn't matter if you are a living creature of low consciousness (lizard), middle consciousness (human), or higher consciousness (UFO). All serve the same purpose.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm a Pagan. (robes, rituals, sorcery.....)...only joking.
I will take this one step a time.
Eternal life. Nice promise for the faithfull to clutch to and a dubious carrot to the Christian donkeys that really believe that this is a ticket to their promised land of heaven. In my mindset an empty promise and fairytale fiction but a comforting thought for those people who have commited themselves to wasting their lives and time following the mouldy morals of the teachings of the 'Good'? book.
Jesus Christ: aka 'Cult frontman'. Mission: mass control of gullible victims of humanity. Hell: ficticious fear inducing uncharted domain of eternal anguish and fear for those who do not comply with the teachings of a higher ficticious divinity.
Bible:vague collection of stories, perceptions and interpretations of a cast of thousands all doomed to following and promoting the myth of a nice guy who is the creator of all we see.
Result: Conflict, hypocracy,confusion,chaos,.....you add the rest!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
iori_komei, are you an atheist in all languages, or just English? Some Russians are believers in Russian, but are atheists in English.

I'm in atheist in that I don't believe in a deity.

However I do believe in a kind of scientific continued existance after
physical death, so I guess I should just caal myself byt the belief
system I've come up with, in which case I'm a Theran.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A little off-topic, but...why spell God as G-d? Is there something about even spelling the word you find offensive?

I've noticed this in other venues as well, just curious.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
A little off-topic, but...why spell God as G-d? Is there something about even spelling the word you find offensive?

I've noticed this in other venues as well, just curious.

I think it's done to show that te person is not showing aceptance
of it's existance and subsequently holding no respect for the concept
in general.

Atleast when I do it that's what I mean.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Okay, that's a fair answer. But if one doesn't believe in God in the first place, why feel the need to disrespect him?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

in general. Atleast when I do it that's what I mean.

Many Jewish organisations and zionists spell God as "G-d", and so do many Evangelical Christians. Why do you think it means disrespect?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As an atheist I do not know there is no God. But as a religious follower, you also do not know there is no god. You believe because you have faith. Faith that there is something out there controlling us and guiding our lives.

I however, have faith that one day mankind will eventually no longer feel the need to be controlled and finally close the door on one of the most antagonistic institutions that exists.

As for the afterlife, I do not believe in Heaven or Hell. I don't believe in Nirvana or any other kind of after life. I believe that our souls follow our bodies. When we die our corpses gradually break down into various elements and compunds which feed multitudes of life and helps the soil become more fertile.

I believe that just as our physical body becomes one with the planet and spreads outwards, so too does our soul enter the Earth and is divided and used to fuel the growth of new life.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
As an atheist I do not know there is no God. But as a religious follower, you also do not know there is no god. You believe because you have faith. Faith that there is something out there controlling us and guiding our lives.

I however, have faith that one day mankind will eventually no longer feel the need to be controlled and finally close the door on one of the most antagonistic institutions that exists.

As for the afterlife, I do not believe in Heaven or Hell. I don't believe in Nirvana or any other kind of after life. I believe that our souls follow our bodies. When we die our corpses gradually break down into various elements and compunds which feed multitudes of life and helps the soil become more fertile.

I believe that just as our physical body becomes one with the planet and spreads outwards, so too does our soul enter the Earth and is divided and used to fuel the growth of new life.

As a religious follower you can Know there is a God but not only religious followers can know this. Man is a 'God' but mostly not self-aware of it. Christ taught us we are God's trapped under illusions and the church removed SPIRIT from the concept of Body and Soul to prevent us from understanding 'who we are'.

Men are not their personalities or thier bodies, but Gods trapped within bodies. Once we come to understand that we are able to control our personalities, we have to accept that we are something much more than ONLY the personailty. Once we free ourself from 'matter' we can do those things which are called extraordinary.

The sum total of your thoughts and emotions equals your personality. One can learn how to control these thoughts and emotions with practice over time. If you can control your thoughts and emotions, you are thereby not bounded by them and thus you are not bound to matter either. The human soul is in the development phase of the 'ego', just as in the Atlantian and Lumerian phases, we were developing our memory and ether bodies.

Our task now is to unite the matter with spirituality through balancing out the forces between the two and that means not living always in fantasy, or becoming too philistine either. Balance itself is not the key but working with those forces which allow us to understand the differences will teach us how to love.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by Cinosamitna]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna

in general. Atleast when I do it that's what I mean.

Many Jewish organisations and zionists spell God as "G-d", and so do many Evangelical Christians. Why do you think it means disrespect?

As I said, when I do it, I am showing that I show no respect
for the idea of a deity.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

As I said, when I do it, I am showing that I show no respect
for the idea of a deity.

Those who spell God as G-d, claim they do this out of respect that G-d is a Muliplicity and not only one diety. It is interesting that you use it for a form of disrespect without knowing this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join