It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who are non-Christian, Agnostic, or Atheist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What do you think of Jesus Christ? What are your views of Eternal Life?

Personally, I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that Life is Eternal and can be extremely blissful.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jesus is a Greek name, and he wasn't Greek if he did indeed ever live.
Christ means king and he is not the only person in the bible called Christ.
I like him.
Yeshua Bar Joseph is the name I currently understand his name was.
He said a mouthful. He was a Rabbi in the Essene sect of Judaeism. He was married. He may have had kids. Whatever the truth about his life, his message is what I find most important.
It is a great message. Most followers of him I meet are doing a poor job of carrying out their lives as he advised.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think if he was just a preacher-man, who for whatever reason,
was crucified, most likely just for being Christian I'd suppose.
I repect that he preached peace and exceptance.

As for eternal life, well would you mind being more specific,
since I can think of many different kinds of that.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is, 'A very bright Way, 'A very profound Truth' and an exemplary, emulation worthy Life.

The doctrine he outlined during his ministry shows, with the utmost accuracy and the most sublime simplicity, how one must think and act in order to gain entrance into the Holy Empire and partake in eternal, everlasting life.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think if he was just a preacher-man, who for whatever reason,
was crucified, most likely just for being Christian I'd suppose.

lol... You may be right that he was just a preacher, but he most likely was crucified for a different reason than being Christian. If I recall, Paul and some other followers started up the new faith, which revered him. He was definitely not a Christian, and is called Rabbi three times in the bible, suggesting strongly that he was Jewish. In relation to where he lived, that is a good bet.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
lucum per lucerna, are you Buddhist? I am a broad-minded Christian and am open to enlightenment no matter which religious denomination. Buddhism is a Great Religion and may be my second choice.

Thank you for thinking very highly of Jesus Christ; I think very highly of Buddha, too, as I believe that God enlightened him with many Spiritual Truths.

Although Christianity and Buddhism are different, in my mind there are some similarities. Which five words would you use to describe the similarities of two of the World's Great Religions. I would use Enlightenment, Purity, Heaven, Holiness, and Eternity.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
what do I think of jesus christ? I think he was probably a really nice guy, and that he was treated badly and murdered as a result of others deifying him. overall I feel bad for jesus and admire him as an outstanding human. however, I am not going to worship him and I am not going to deify him as those who caused his death did.

my views on eternal life, i think, should be fairly apparent following my last paragraph. but, in case it isn't, I don't believe in it.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

lucum per lucerna, are you Buddhist? I am a broad-minded Christian and am open to enlightenment no matter which religious denomination. Buddhism is a Great Religion and may be my second choice.

No friend, I am not a Buddhist but share in your enthusiasm with regard to it.

Thank you for thinking very highly of Jesus Christ;

The pleasure is all mine.

I think very highly of Buddha, too, as I believe that God enlightened him with many Spiritual Truths.

An applicable biblical verse to support you conclusions.

John 7:16-17

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Although Christianity and Buddhism are different, in my mind there are some similarities. Which five words would you use to describe the similarities of two of the World's Great Religions. I would use Enlightenment, Purity, Heaven, Holiness, and Eternity.

Salvation, Purity, Power, Peace, Wisdom

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My thoughts on jesus are that he was probably a con man. It is very possible that he could con the local jews into believing he was the christ. The fact that the gospels were written well after the supposed death leaves room for embellishment for the man they admired, giving us now a false image of the real jesus.
As for eternal life - I dont think it is possible and you would get bored anyway with eternity

G

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
'Ol Jesus?

Never met the man; I can only speculate.

Such an overblown character-- don't think I'd trust the guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i dont actually beleive in anything that gos against science, i also beleive wen yur dead your dead i also think jesus was a bit of a loon who thought he was the son of an omnipotent being but a lot of ppl beleive in him and i say beleive its yur life and yur choices if beleiving in a man who died 2006 years is happy with you go ahead i personally cant beleive in anything which cant be explained by science

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What do you think of Jesus Christ? What are your views of Eternal Life?

Im an Atheist.
Now to answer your questions I think that a person that we know as Jesus lived 3000 or so years ago. Beyond that I dont believe that Jesus came back to life or that he had anything to do with how he is portrayed today. I have no doubt that any legacy that Jesus or what ever his name was has been hijacked to suit other peoples agendas.

As for an after life it is my belief that once your dead your dead its as simple as that.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr cryptoman
i personally cant beleive in anything which cant be explained by science

Not to be err I can't seem to think of the word at the moment.

Anyway, what about things that science can't currently explain, but will be
able to in the future?

I'm just curious, not trying to seem jerkish, I to tend to believe in things
if I can explain them scientifically,

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am a Buddhist. As such, one of the things Buddha said, which I believe, is that one should not believe something, whether someone else said it, or even he said it, unless its something deep down you truly believe.

As such, it really doesn't matter what I, or any of us think about Jesus, or eternity. There are many paths to the great road, and whats important is you found something spiritually helpful in your chosen religion, and its brought you peace, happiness, and strength.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
WolfofWar, do you believe that peace comes from strength? I believe it can but certainly not in all circumstances. I believe it would be at least partly evident in the numbers derived from Spirituality, religion, military, political science, economics, physics, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, and other subjects.

By the way, I like Buddha, but I do not think he is quite Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

WolfofWar, do you believe that peace comes from strength? I believe it can but certainly not in all circumstances. I believe it would be at least partly evident in the numbers derived from Spirituality, religion, military, political science, economics, physics, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, and other subjects.

By the way, I like Buddha, but I do not think he is quite Jesus Christ.

By Strength I speak of the power of will. Its the strength that keeps us going when life gets us down, when we are in troubled times, and when theres no light at the end of the tunnel.

And Why I respect your opinion of Buddha, one could argue that Jesus was no Buddha either

but actually, your right, he isn't. Buddha isn't a savior like in CHristianity, he is a teacher, not a god.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Its funny you have nonbelievers you have believers and you have heretics
Hertics believing of a very unorthodox bit.

One best way to pose a philosophical question is thus:
YOu can not know anything with out it being based on experince. Thus in evolution senses are not possible and the first action ever can not evolve. Simple logic.
Mow take the tree of life og gnosis etc in the Torah it was a great sin. Not much emphasis put on it in these days.

So takes you to faith in something right. Well take Christians faith in the obvious Jesus than you take heretics faith of something but maybe not so much Jesus. As a heretic like what ppl describe in Kabbalah as looking under God's veil and seeing how magical things are possible and I think many heretics think what Jesus andmoses did was just a deep seated belief.

This is simple break down of not believing in anything is silly and ignorant. Its easy to say like many ignorant people do that nothing exsists etc but those people never took a look.

Now on Jesus you must understand why e is needed or why a phoenix is needed.

I guess if he never died for our sins our world could be.....?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't believe that Jesus was the son of God any differently than we all are sons and daughters of God. I do not believe he was the son of a virgin. I personally think he was the son of Mary and Joseph.

However, I do think he was a great spiritual leader, a teacher and philantrophist.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
I guess if he never died for our sins our world could be.....?

Excellent question.

I believe Jesus did at least three Great Things while He was here on earth:

1) He created greater awareness of God, the Supreme and Infinite Power. I believe in God at a higher level than I would have if it wasn't for Jesus.

2) He created greater awareness of the Holy Spirit. To me, when the Holy Spirit rushes through my Soul there is no greater feeling.

3) He created awareness of the Afterlife. This has had an immense influence on Spiritual and physical behavior on earth-life and afterlife as God rewards Holy Acts and punishes evil.

I believe there are many more Great Things that Jesus did on earth.

One might think that if Jesus did not come to earth, there would be constant mass wars, constant mass murders... Since I am not God, I cannot speak for God. The mass destruction part of Jesus not coming to earth would be only speculation to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There is no such thing as an atheist. In reality, atheism was created out of Talmudism and the adherants to atheism nowadays are simply in denial of the fact that they really cannot be too sure. So 'uncertainty' cannot be defined as atheism.

Jesus Christ is the 'GodMan'. We humans are the 'men-Gods' and as 'souls' we are given the ability to control our personalities (thoughts and emotions) and thus any Being that can control these thoughts and emotions, cannot BE ONLY those thoughts and emotions.

So if we are not these thoughts and emotions then what are we? Christ told us!

"We are Gods, but trapped in veils of darkness."

Eternal life is the Selfhood, the Logos, 'Christ' and this is love. It is inside you and me, not outside.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Cinosamitna]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join