It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

me and my mates are going to buy a ouija board what should i expect is it worth it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
hmmm.... i had a friend once, who had an ouija board. Fortunately, she knew a lot about it. we were playing with three people (myself and my friend included). I don't exactly remember what we asked it, but it was something about contacting one of my friend's dead relatives. Right. So, we ask the oracle, "is there anybody with us now?" and the planchette is moving pretty fast. It spells out "yes, but this is not the one you seek...". by now, the cat that was in the room started wigging out, then we put the board away. Someone might have been moving the planchette, but its hard to say. the oracle can be powerful.

tip:

If you do get one, don't ask the board any stupid questions like "how will I die". the spirits like to scare you whenever they have the chance.

another tip:
when you're done using the board (each time), ring bells around the house and light incense. it drives the bad spirits away (so my friend tells me).

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
ask it who will win the european cup (football / soccer)
if its right il belive in the spirits
if its england and they win, il belive and drink spirits.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Since your going to be opening a door for anything to come through. since your welcoming anything that wants to play with YOU you can expect misfortune, you can expect madness, and if your unlucky you can expect death. whether it opens a gate to other worlds, ghosts, or even if the power of belief creates thought forms you can be SURE your going to regret fooling around with it

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i personally had several experiences with a ouija board, all amounted to nothing. i did it in a cemetary and in regular places with no results. i especially tried it after going to a ghost haunting lecture and the speaker brought up the board, so i took less interest in her. interestingly enough, a week or so later me and my mom were walking around a flea market and i brought up how i dont beleive the ouija board and the next turn had a big box marked free with a ouija board sitting on top. i immediately took this as a sign and went to a cemetary where i and several others have had multiple experiences, yet nothing happened. And we all were serious about it. I have also heard the stories about people unleashing creatures, but i feel that if your just using a game mass produced then you shouldnt expect results. Maybe if someone had a home made Ju-Ju type board, then theyd see some stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To the OP:

I recommend you do some reading on the ouija first and know how to use it. Anything you do with the spirit world needs to be done with respect.

I recommend you read Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians by Richard Webster. It contains many techniques usefull to contacting them and a little history about the techniques, and yes it includes the ouija board. Also print out a LBRP by Israel Regardi so you have a method of banishing after you finish your exercise.

Take it seriously and it can be a great tool. Treat it like a game and you may have invite an unwanted guest.

Regards,
Andre

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I personally believe in reincarnation. ...It is my personal theory that if you attempt to contact a soul that has passed on to another life, and are successful, it causes a severe amount of trauma from the person you are contacting. It's effectively having to rip a consciousness from that person they have long since forgotten in order to try and live their new life more fully. Perhaps by doing so, at just the wrong moment (like if the body housing the soul is, say, driving down the freeway), you might even cause their death again, plus the lives of those they kill in the process of dying. Or perhaps, a best case scenario, the person either thinks they're going insane, or they know exactly what's going on and everyone else thinks they are insane.

[edit on 9/1/2006 by thelibra]

I HAVE to agree with thelibra because I too believe in reincarnation and a soul may be waiting to enter a new body to continue its "journey" and here people are scr3wing with it's fate and life. It's waiting to be born and you steal it's future and a hell of a loty more. Disrupting fate is not a good thing and we have docs to help if we get imbalanced, who would "they" have to help them? and we switch off and go on with our lives and they have been thrown into turmoil and their souls scarred. I don't believe it is a good idea to mess with this sort of stuff. Whether it works or not is not the issue - the issue is it is not only your life you are messing with. If you were to pass away and you were waiting to move on and sudde;y someone pulls you into their world and you cannot get back, how would you feel? Honestly!?

Don't mess with this stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
First of all.. you don't need to waste your money on a manufactured board.
A piece of paper and object that can be used as a planchette will serve you just as well as any official board by some huge corporation.
Second. I strongly advise against this. They are highly dangerous and not in an exciting sort of way either. Please reconsider.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Play with the board to your hearts content, the board can't have any power over you.
Talking boards have been around for a long time in one form or an other, but no proof exists that they work, other than anecdotal stories.
There is no scientific proof for the veracity of these claims about messages from the beyond.

ATS's motto is to deny ignorance, this might be a good place to start.

Absoluetely. There is NOTHING to these boards. It is all a bunch of superstition from people who want you to think they know what they are talking about. Use it all you want to. I promise...

Nothing will happen. (except for a waste of time)

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i say never use one ever. but if u do try not touching the planchette.hover your hands over it.and really believe.or try touching some kind of solid object maybe with a kerchief over it and talk to the entity.make it levitate....u cant fake that.u do get less answer tho.but i guess just making it lift once will be enough for any one to believe

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
First of all.. you don't need to waste your money on a manufactured board.
A piece of paper and object that can be used as a planchette will serve you just as well as any official board by some huge corporation.
Second. I strongly advise against this. They are highly dangerous and not in an exciting sort of way either. Please reconsider.

I took the above quote as its as near to what i was thinking, and its fascinating to see some members completely call it BS, that just makes me think you haven't had an experience on one, or always take a cynical approach to this sort of thing, i did find that when i tried to do this with complete dis bielievers at the beginging we never had good results.

It really is something i think to be avoided, in hindsight looking back it was not a good idea for me and my friends to do this.

I will tell you what i remember from doing this as a kid, must be over 10 years now since i done one.
At one stage i really used to like doing it, around 14/15, there just happened to be a grave yard near my school at the time.
And during breaks we used to go down there 3 or 4 of us.
Now i know most people will say that subconsiously we were pushing it, but we did several things to try and prove its worth.

I asked things other people would not of known, friends door numbers, phone numbers, all were spelt out, none of this they would of known.

Once when down at this grave yard, a spider walked across the ouija board, so i said can you control this bug, make it walk when i say and stop when i say, strangely it did, then the spider went on his way.

Another occasion, in my old house where i grew up, i was with a mate, in my room, i had no idea when my mum would be back, and i didn't want to get caught doing this ouija board.

So i said let me know when my mum is about to come in, we were doing this board for a while, and we had arranged a "special action" to let me know when to put it away, some selected letter, we had decided before hand.
Sure enough we got that message, put it away, 1 minute later me mum walks in, i think we looked like we were up to no good, but we were freaked out it had got it right.

All in all, had some strange experience, but i strongly suggest it not be played around with, it doesn't even matter if the doubters don't believe this works, i think it screws with the more "open" believers anyway, there are good and bad spirits, but you can never tell which type you are talking too, most times spirits seem to like to play with your mind, and say things which are not true.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Play with the board to your hearts content, the board can't have any power over you.
Talking boards have been around for a long time in one form or an other, but no proof exists that they work, other than anecdotal stories.
There is no scientific proof for the veracity of these claims about messages from the beyond.

ATS's motto is to deny ignorance, this might be a good place to start.

Absoluetely. There is NOTHING to these boards. It is all a bunch of superstition from people who want you to think they know what they are talking about. Use it all you want to. I promise...

Promise?

And who are you to promise, pray tell.

Don't go near them. They can certainly unleash powers beyond our control if we dabble in them.

From one who knows.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

You really should not make such statements when you do NOT know what you are talking about. Even if you did try it once and it did not work for you, that does not mean that it is not dangerous for others. You attitude alone is most likely why it didn't work.. had you ever really even tried.

For the benefit of the thread creator I am going to post a link to my experience.
ATS doesn't like us to copy paste our work if it already exists on the site so I will just link it.
Link to my Ouija experience
If that does not work just go to my blog and click the my strange life category or august on the calendar

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I didn't read this thread completely, I just felt the need to say this. Out of experiences a friend of my father's had after dabbling in ouji boards.

Be careful.
You don't know what you are inviting into your home with it. It's an open door.
You might be talking to your dead grandma as far as you think... but this may not be the case.

I'm not pro ouji boards at all, my father's friend was never quite the same.

I'm not wanting to spook you, I don't really believe in ghosts (dead people floating about type). But the the thing with doing stuff like this is. You are opening a door to a place you have absolutely no idea about, inviting in entities that again you have absolutely no idea about.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Don't touch!

What starts out as a prank quite often ends in horror and ruined minds.

Have people learned nothing over these past few thousand years?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I've never tried this.

Although athiest now, my christian upbringing has inbuilt a fear that I can't get rid of, no matter what I say I believe. I remember special guests coming to our church and telling stories about people going bonkers after using them - mostly similar to the warnings in this thread.

I tend to believe along the lines of the mind having control. The science is there, the tests have been done, conclusions have been reached. I'd be happy to try it out (cautiously) with somone who knew what they were doing.

Can I echo a previous posters request for an outcome? Im very curious to know what happens!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh gods, its just a plank XP

Just know that if you are doing it for fun, the spirits will also be there for fun and if not comfortable enough use some form of protection (shielding, LBRP, prayers, other banishing rituals, etc)

I'm curious to see what happens too :p

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have a ouiga board and I have used it to contact spirits,but it can also let demons pass through. I suggest that if you are going to play with it get you a tape recorder and record during your time at play, ask simple questions and remain quiet you might be surprized at what you will record,but use with cation and do not ask for something you are not ready for or cant handle.....have fun

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've messed around with a Ouija board for a couple months... I've got some bizarre results.

The first time we did it, two friends and myself were sitting in my library. I asked if anyone is there, and the board spelt out "LUCIFER." We continued to talk to it for over an hour, and we decided to really test if it was true, so we asked if it could give us a sign. It spelt out the word "FLOOR." The second the planchette went to the "R", my cellphone, which I had put on the ground started ringing.

Later on that same day, it was just down to my friend and I. Her and I were sitting in my kitchen listening to music. We were the only two people in my house, and we hear footsteps run down my back hallway and out my garage. It was something running out of my house.

Again, even later that same day. My friend and I went to another one of our friend's house. We were using the board, and we got a man named Frank. I talked to him first and my friends didn't believe that it was real, so my other friend, Ant, took the board and Frank continued to talk to him. He had been living at the house for a long time, and gave us an amazing quote "FAMILY IS WHO YOU MAKE IT."

As for the weirdest even, my friend and I (the girl from above) used it at the Whitfield House. We ended up talking to Rev. Henry Whitfield himself. And the clincher on this event was that one of his nieces followed my friend home. She now lives in her house. This girl, who said her name was Anna, sets off my friend's car alarm, turns her TV on and off, plays with her cat, and messes with her iron. Every now and then my friend will have dreams with her in it, she'll see glimpses of her, and all other sorts of eerie events.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
In my opinion, the way that this works (on the rare occasion that it does) is all in the subconscious mind. Someone in the group is controlling it without even realising it.

Here's a little thing you can do, it also doesn't work for everyone, but i would say 90% of the people i have done it with it has worked.

Put a light ring on a thin thread, and hold the end of the thread between your thumb and index finger so the ring can freely swing. put a piece of paper down with a cross like this:

yes
^
no< >no
V
yes

and position the ring above it. Now thing about either a question, or just think about yes or no for a while, also thinking about the ring swinging back and forth in the direction you want. If you get the phenomenon, then the ring will slowly swing back and forth, you can then start thinking about the other direction, and it will start to slow down again, and swing the other way. This is another example of the ideomotor effecf, what is happening, is your subconscious causes your fingers to twitch very slightly in the direction you want it to move.

Now, having said this, I would be very wary in the future of any person whose subconscious had decided to spell out odd "LUCIFER" or other nasty messages, this may well show a bad side to their character.

/opinion

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
if you are going to experiment with a ouija board, at least make sure you know how to protect yourself from outside forces. as has been stated many times the board is a tool for contacting outside forces, and there is a high chance you will contact negative entities.
do not i repeat do not engage the ouija board if you are afraid something bad will happen, because if you have negative thoughts you are giving negative forces power over you, people say you should defantley not dwell with this these tools but it obviously is ultimatley is your choice, and if you feel drawn to an ouija board then there is no reason why you shouldnt explore its many possibilites there is much that can be learned from this simple excercise

it all really just depends on whut your values are, in my mind i feel it is better to at least try something for yourself rather then just turn a blind eye to it because others say to veer away, experiment for yourself and follow your own inner drive. it would be better for you to learn first hand whether this instrument was either good or bad

just keep a good attitude, if i contact negaytive forces i still reamin content because i am happy that i have at least contacted outside forces, if you know how to protect yourself and you are confident in the occult studies then you really have nothing to loose, only experience and insight to gain

just dont jump in the deep end without learning how to swim

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join