It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

me and my mates are going to buy a ouija board what should i expect is it worth it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I havnt used a ouija board in at least 10 years and Ill never use it again, eventhough I dont remember anything weird happening. No one realy needs a ouija board to contact the dead. Its a stupid boring game and I heed the warnings against it.

Would I benefit by getting rid of it? Trash, Burn or Bury? Im thinking burn would be bad since the ashes would still be around.

Also, is it generally bad to ask questions spiritually, or to just be a psychic? My psychic ability has diminished quite a bit in the last 6 months and im content with it.

And as for you skeptics and agnostics I got 2 words for you, other dimensions. You should read up on other dimensions and quantum mechanics, theyre popular scientific theories.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by GlassRunner]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Let me tell u how the ouji board works. The ouji board only knows what the person or people who are playing knows. If the people playing don't know the answers then the ouji board does not know. Strange, but I think the dead can only read the person playing the game mind.

It only works for people who believe. If u don't believe then it doesn't works. For some people who are mentally weak it works extremely wonders. This is from my past experiance. Besides that, I would not recommend playing it. I played it a couple times and it gave me the creeps. By the way, don't say things that would piss off the dead becuase a friend of mine did and the dead got angry and threaten us.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
OP, where are you? Are you still following the thread you started?

If you are, here's my advice (which is intended to benefit me, not you):

Buy the board, do the thing, then come back and tell us what happened to you and your friends.

Eagerly awaiting your reply, I remain yours etc.,

Astyanax

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I reckon you have to believe in the concept in order for it to "work".
I know people who swear that ooija boards are the real thing,but i am sceptical.How is it that the dead leave us alone until we gather around a stupid board and touch a glass?Sorry i don`t buy it.When a friend was training to be a doctor,he had to visit an asylum where he said there were a lot of people who were detained because of meesing with ooija boards.We discussed it an came to the conclusion that it was not evil spirits that had messed up their heads,but their own strong beliefs.
Ironicallly,the only one of my friends who has used a ooija board has since ended up in a mental home....read into that what you will,but i still don`t buy it.
If you want to mess around with energies/the unseen,try divining...it really works.You can find water with two metal rods and a steady pair of hands,and no risk of demons!
If you go ahead and try the ooija board,please tell us your experiences-its an interesting topic.See if you can do it like a science experiment,with control and witnesses.(an impartial witness can notice different aspects of an experiment).
I always thought that if ooija boards did work there would be a bit more evidence in society,like people levitating,speaking in tongues,stuff like that.
Good luck anyway!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
what the heck is an ouja board??? am i the only one who doesnt know

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtemisFowl

It's a board about 1 to 2 ft square with the alphabet on it. A small piece of wood or glass or other material is placed on the board, and people gather around the board and ligghtly place their fingertips on the loose piece that rests on the board. Then the little piece is supposed to move from one letter to another spelling out words that deliver a message allegedly from the dead or other incorporeal beings.

Many people have had very bad experiences using the ouija board. It is best avoided.

You can find more info by googling it.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It;s funny how the more people say not to do something, someone wants to do it even more.

It's also funny how little we know about our own brains and the power it has over us. Our own brains can f**k us up real bad if we open up and unleash the power that's inside. We only use a tiny portion of our brain--about 1/5 of it---imagne what power is locked up in there! The Ouiji board is a tool that helps us open our own 'other side' up, and it's the stuff in our own heads that scares and thrills us the most. We don't even need no stinkin' demons to conjur up, we counjur up ourselves instead. And THAT'S what's REALLY scary! The ouiji is presented in the framework of mysticism, so that is how we interpret the results from it. Imagine if it was packaged as a science game and tool to delve into our own subconsious, the results we'd realize would be very different. How clever of Parker Brothers to put that mystical spin on the packaging. It's hard to understand or accept for most, but no harder than understanding or accepting the reality of demons is, if you think about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Jupiter,you have just said exactly what me and my doctor friend were saying.The power of the human mind is incomprehensible.Mind over matter is how we have shaped our world.All our buildings,science,ideas began with a thought or thoughts.
I challenge someone on ATS to invent a "light side" or positive Ooija board.No evil frequencies allowed.No demons.No glass smashing of its own accord.
Only good stuff please.Someone invent one now.The world needs it.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Did it once,nearly lost my marbles,you havegot to seriously take on board the wise comments of other people who have been there before,those who had good exps you had good guides or where very lucky,take heed please,not a game.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Silicone, Thats easy to do, just change the packaging to read "Contact the happy gnomes with this new board game!" lol
As I said in my first post earlier, most of it has to do with your mental well being not some demon waiting patiently for you to put your finger on a piece of board or glass.

Edited to say that I was a spiritualist for over 12 years and in my experiences with the "occult" an Ouija board is just a game, but for a few people it can be a psychological nightmare.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghiaex
Did it once,nearly lost my marbles,you havegot to seriously take on board the wise comments of other people who have been there before,those who had good exps you had good guides or where very lucky,take heed please,not a game.

Others' comments may not all be so wise. They may be just as confused about it all as you might be.

The marbles you almost lost, are the ones already in your head. The GREATEST FEAR OF ANYONE is to actally LOOK at his 'own marbles'. The Ouiji board forces us to do just that!

[edit on 4-9-2006 by jupiter869]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey jupiter,we should do a ooija board too ,i`m intrigued now.I want to know if people with different viewpoints have differernt results on this ooija thing.I am fascinated by the thin line between science and the spiritual realm.When this line is breached our species will advance in a manner not yet seen on planet earth.Bring on the day.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The point is that people have brought on themselves a great deal of trouble meddling with the ouija board...not whether they channelled evil spirits through the board or tapped into some dark part of their mind....which I seriously doubt. People can tap into the depths of their own minds by reflection and meditation and discover all kinds of good and bad things about themselves without generating the kind of bizzare effects that results from using a ouija board. It seems more likely that the ouija board opens some "door" or portal through which external nonphysical forces enter into our physical level and affect the people and the environment in ways that can terrify them.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtemisFowl

The ouja board is a focus tool to a psychic the same as any other tool whether it tarot cards, crystal ball, ribbons, runes or any other tool a Psychic wishes to use.

The ouja board focus tool is usually used with a group of like minded people, you sit in a circle with a group of people who become a collective force while trying to connect with spirit realms and this combined energy makes the link stronger to any spirits that wish to communicate.

The reason that it is frowned on is because if used incorrectly you will channel spirits of a lower vibration and possibly not the higher vibration you were wishing for. This is because of the intent of the sitters, if the sitters in the circle are used to the Hollywood portrail of the ouja board then they will indeed manifest what their minds think should manifest.

In saying that, do it in a well organised circle group with a experienced medium in charge who can protect your combined energies and focus the intent of the group to reach higher realms and it can be a good communication tool.
I personaly can think of better ways though if you wanna reach higher!

To play with any psychic tool without first learning about spirit, protection and grounding is really not advised. But at the end of the day if a bad experience leads to proof of spirit, that then leads to learning the basics, then maybe it a good thing!

Understand that most spirits that are at lower vibrations are more mischevious than evil, they are bored and if someone invites them to play, they will no dought tell you whatever you feel you want to know. If it is the truth that is another matter, so please be carefull.

Regards

CLaNZeR

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
expect to waste your money
if they work, then certainly penn & teller[members of the American Authoritative TV Show Hosts Assosiation] cant be lying video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 4-9-2006 by SteveG]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by DemonAlucard
you people are soo pathetic about this game....this # has been disproven already...try playing it blindfolded and you will know that the planchette wont point to a letter or the words...LOL.. here is where i also saw it from and it came out on that show Bullsh%t! ....................
"Skeptic and magician James Randi, in his book An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural, points out that when blindfolded, Ouija board operators are unable to produce intelligible messages. Magicians Penn & Teller performed a similar demonstration in an episode of their television show Bullsh&t! in which the operators moved the planchette into what they thought was the positions of "yes" and "no" without knowing that the board was turned upside-down, which caused them to moved the planchette into blank spaces on the board."

thats because part of the process in using a ouji board and having it work involves using ones eyes... the windows to ones soul. geez.

i though u all knew this?

LOL exactly. The windows to ones soul, not another spirits. Case proven. Do these all powerful demons not have eyes of their own??

You people are weird, you show more concern about none existent demons than real world demons that trouble the real world today.

A typical seance:

"Tremble with fear mankind for I am Satan, the most powerful evil in the universe and I shall use all my powers to communicate with you with an upturned glass!!"

Who needs TV comedy with this forum about?

Mother get the needle and thread my sides have split

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
The point is that people have brought on themselves a great deal of trouble meddling with the ouija board...not whether they channelled evil spirits through the board or tapped into some dark part of their mind....which I seriously doubt. People can tap into the depths of their own minds by reflection and meditation and discover all kinds of good and bad things about themselves without generating the kind of bizzare effects that results from using a ouija board. It seems more likely that the ouija board opens some "door" or portal through which external nonphysical forces enter into our physical level and affect the people and the environment in ways that can terrify them.

It's too bad so many people believe they are limited in the power that is possible from their mind. Visions (ghosts), telekenesis, astral projection, conjuring, its all possible. Fear and disbelieg... It is some of the many things that holds us back from tapping into the awe and power that reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits.

heh heh heh

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Man, I aint never seen a Ouija(Or however you spell it) board & I don't intend to.
It sounds like trouble. If anyone encourages you to "play" with it. Stop associating with that person.
Just as the good have children on earth, so too do the bad. Meaning some of us are God's children & some of us are the Devil's. Good & Evil is more of what I'm trying to say, rather than God & Satan because that specifies everything, which I do not like to do.
Because a Ouiga board does not affect one person, doesn't mean it won't affect you.
Maybe that person has Satan, or Evil for that matter watching after them & is their protector. But you may be an innocent soul, even a good soul & you may get corrupted & alter your life dramitically.
Someone sated that he and his friends used the board & nothing happened. They were in the woods & they decided to use it, & their dog went psycho on them.
You think that's a good sign?! Animals sense things that we cannot, because we're too attached to this materialistic crap & are blind to reality.
Many a time I someone would visit my house and my usually calm dog(When I had one) would flip out on them. It could be their scent, or just a plain bad vibe about them.
You ever get that feeling? a bad vibe?
Here's a tip, go with them when they are going to play(I won't recommend it though), open your soul & if it feels right, go right ahead & "play" with it. If you're getting bad vibes & your gut tells you to leave it alone. Walk away from it.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I know I have posted before.. but anyone who hasn't read the entire thread, please read the following link:

www.channel4.com...

You've heard most of the bad or evil things- now hear the real things!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hmmm.... i had a friend once, who had an ouija board. Fortunately, she knew a lot about it. we were playing with three people (myself and my friend included). I don't exactly remember what we asked it, but it was something about contacting one of my friend's dead relatives. Right. So, we ask the oracle, "is there anybody with us now?" and the planchette is moving pretty fast. It spells out "yes, but this is not the one you seek...". by now, the cat that was in the room started wigging out, then we put the board away. Someone might have been moving the planchette, but its hard to say. the oracle can be powerful.

tip:

If you do get one, don't ask the board any stupid questions like "how will I die". the spirits like to scare you whenever they have the chance.

another tip:
when you're done using the board (each time), ring bells around the house and light incense. it drives the bad spirits away (so my friend tells me).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join