It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

me and my mates are going to buy a ouija board what should i expect is it worth it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
hi even though im an atheist ive agreed to help buy and join in on a game of ouija board you know just for scientific research lol i know wot their meant to do but wot do u supernatural folk think im gettin myself in for and will it be worth it

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Please no kids on the paranormal forum
! And yes it is a BAD IDEA.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr cryptoman
hi even though im an atheist ive agreed to help buy and join in on a game of ouija board you know just for scientific research lol i know wot their meant to do but wot do u supernatural folk think im gettin myself in for and will it be worth it

Are you stupid?I am not saying you are,but research what you do before you do it.
You are messing with things you cannot control or understand.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
dude im not a kid wot made u think that and y is it a bad idea

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The emoticon says it all ...Grow up.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
mr cryptoman the ouija board is seen as something not to be messed around with,

do a search as theres some really good threads on the topic,

Like anything research it and also learn how to protect your self from anything that you may open your self up to,

Ill have a peek for them threads for you,

--------------------
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

[edit on 1-9-2006 by asala]

[edit on 1-9-2006 by asala]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
lol kuhl its a good job i like some of your posts in other threads or id take that seriously lmao

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

lol kuhl its a good job i like some of your posts in other threads or id take that seriously lmao

Well I appreciate that but I don't joke....too much

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
thanks asala u seem the only one who hasnt taken a crack at me just because i dont beleive in this stuff and want too know a little bit more about it thanx

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Crypto,

You'd be wise to heed these warnings...just as you'd be wise heed the warnings not to mess about with fireworks! Ouija boards are not something you can fool around with, if you bring something 'across', you'd better be armed with the knowledge of how to send it home after you have done with your games. Read-up and research, and take care!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

thanks asala u seem the only one who hasnt taken a crack at me just because i dont beleive in this stuff and want too know a little bit more about it thanx

I won't take a crack at you, friend.

If you do not believe, and want to "play a game of ouija board" then, by all means, go ahead. I expect you will find the Parker Brother's (or is it Milton Bradley?) board to be fine for your "research" purposes, and you will find the price to be quite reasonable. I believe the pieces are made of toxic plastic, though, so I wouldn't recommend chewing on them.

Without belief, without it being taken seriously, and with pieces as mystic as only a mass-produced chunk of plastic and cardboard can be, then your experience will be about as genuine as a game of Monopoly or perhaps even Cranium or Hooplah.

If, however, you do believe, even slightly, then please heed the warnings of those here, who have a little more experience at this sort of thing. It's not a tool to be used lightly, or in my opinion, to be used at all, and certainly not by someone who won't know how to "turn it off".

If, however, it's just for fun and kicks with zero belief, knock yourself out. Good times, m8.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The ouija board is truely a gift from heaven you will only ever have positive enlightening experiences.
The people who advise against it are ussually brainwashed by the church or have watched 1 horror movie to many.

It will truely open your eyes to the wonders of the universe.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
The people who advise against it are ussually brainwashed by the church or have watched 1 horror movie to many.

It will truely open your eyes to the wonders of the universe.

yeeeee-eah...

Look, I don't have any illusions about conjuring up demons or monkeys with laser beams coming at me for using an Ouija Board. What I have a problem with is the attempt to communicate with the dead. That always seems to be a bad idea. I personally believe in reincarnation. It is my personal theory that if you attempt to contact a soul that has passed on to another life, and are successful, it causes a severe amount of trauma from the person you are contacting. It's effectively having to rip a consciousness from that person they have long since forgotten in order to try and live their new life more fully. Perhaps by doing so, at just the wrong moment (like if the body housing the soul is, say, driving down the freeway), you might even cause their death again, plus the lives of those they kill in the process of dying. Or perhaps, a best case scenario, the person either thinks they're going insane, or they know exactly what's going on and everyone else thinks they are insane.

Any way you slice it, unless you believe in that "churchy stuff" about there being a holding pen for all the souls to wait in purgatory, and that they have nothing better to do than sit around and wait for you to ask questions, then you're probably doing the soul a disservice. If you do believe in the churchy stuff, then you're probably keeping a soul from getting bored, but won't be inclined to use a Oujia board anyway bein' as most mainstream religions consider it a sin, and even if you are, you might want to ask if you really want to know the answers.

[edit on 9/1/2006 by thelibra]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Most people do/will judge your maturity by the way you type.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The ouiji board truely is a gift from Hell.

God forbade the use of magic or any divination with the spirits did he not? and for good reason as well - People get badly hurt playing with things they do not understand or can control -

Leave the board well alone, forget about it and move on, because if you do not have a strategy for dealing with the teeth, do not pull a tigers tail.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Play with the board to your hearts content, the board can't have any power over you.
Talking boards have been around for a long time in one form or an other, but no proof exists that they work, other than anecdotal stories.
There is no scientific proof for the veracity of these claims about messages from the beyond.

ATS's motto is to deny ignorance, this might be a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I say you should do it. And from what I've read in the past posts I'd think you better believe it! And call up the dead and mess with people heads and don't ever ever stop it....ahahahhahahhahahaahaha

I bet it doesn't work

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My advice to you is, don't even touch it with a barge pole. Why don't you guys grow up?? :bnghd:

[edit on 2-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
My advice to you is, don't even touch it with a barge pole. Why don't you guys grow up?? :bnghd:

[edit on 2-9-2006 by mikesingh]

seriously though...your joking right? I mean what ccould possibly happen other than some girls creaming themselves when one of the boys pushes the plastic thingy. ehehe

That ones choc full of innuendo

You see my point is, you can have alot of fun with a ouija board. Some great times. I did it and no googlyboogly things came through the walls or nuthin'.

Though one time we was out in the woods camping. I took my dog for the night. We planned to get a little high and do some ouija but as soon as the board came out my dog started going psycho. There was nothing there but he seemed to think there was. We never did it that night in the end people were freaked out enough to get a little freaky...if you know what I mean...nudge nudge...

[edit on 2-9-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ouija is NOT a game!! Don`t mess with forces you don`t understand. They can be very dangerous if you don`t know how to close the door behind you... trust me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join