It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do My Eyes Water...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
okay this is the way I'm going to explain what happens to me...

its like when you go outside in the day-time(sunlight) from say.. a dark basement.. or going outside in the day-time during the winter when theres snow outside..
You know how your eyes water uncontrollably (and usually you are 'forced' to close your eyes') although I am not forced to close my eyes, I get the same 'watered eyes' without the force of closure...
and this happens when..

I am trying to shift my awareness from my 'first attention' to my 'second attention.'
during the process of trying to invoke a heightened awareness I can sense bodily changes and changes in perception although my eyes start watering uncontrollably, as if I were in immensely bright light... I can easily keep them open, but I can't see due to the 'water' so I close them to wash the tears, but it is quite odd I find... and its not from keeping them open too long either.. I find it happens durning a certain part in the process everytime, and I haven't 'waited it out' ...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
mmmm do you live near any factories?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In this situation you need to ask the spirits for answers.

My advice is to buy or make yourself a ouija board make 1 cut on your right hand and drip 6 drops in each corner of the board then ask the spirits for help.

It may help to consume red wine beforehand and listen to some relaxing music let me know if it helps If anyone advises you against this they don't have your best interests at heart be very careful of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator

My advice is to buy or make yourself a ouija board make 1 cut on your right hand and drip 6 drops in each corner of the board then ask the spirits for help.

It may help to consume red wine beforehand and listen to some relaxing music let me know if it helps If anyone advises you against this they don't have your best interests at heart be very careful of them.

Do you really think this is sound advice ? At least advise someone to research somthing before they try it out.

IMO your post is just immature and without thought.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WTH ? This is like asking why do farts stink ? C'mon....have we run out of ATS material that we're now posting/debating what is probably just basic allergies. Ridiculous.

brill

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Do you really think this is sound advice ? At least advise someone to research somthing before they try it out.

IMO your post is just immature and without thought.

I think it is sound advice when the human realm doesn't have the answers you must ask for guidance the ouija board is a very usefull tool and should be used more.

It's very rude of you to say my post is immature maybe you should consult the board as well and stop living in a tiny box.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh damn I sneezed today ,How can I cure thie, a cold remedie maybe.
No I'll try a spiritual solution after all my nose is running severely.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This wasn't really posted for unspiritual or whatever 'people' .... and no I don't have any allergies other than penicilin.... Physical sensations do occur when certain things happen to a person ... especially concerning the release of certain brain hormones through trained intent..... But I was asking some of the other 'spiritual' people if they have had a similar experience....

and not to disregard your advice... but I do not need a oujia board to talk or speak, or communicate with spirits...

[edit on 1/9/06 by dnero6911]

Ack

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My eyes do the same thing a lot of the time. Mine are mostly allergies, but a few months out of the year, they water almost constantly, to the point where i have to wipe them every few minutes.

Oh, and Kuhl? Not to sound like a jerk, but it's incredibly embarrassing that you don't realize Shamanator is kidding. Heck, the name gives away that he isn't too serious. Try to be more perceptive of what's being said, even if it is on the internet and there's no tone to be heard.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Ack]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ack
My eyes do the same thing a lot of the time. Mine are mostly allergies, but a few months out of the year, they water almost constantly, to the point where i have to wipe them every few minutes.

Oh, and Kuhl? Not to sound like a jerk, but it's incredibly embarrassing that you don't realize Shamanator is kidding. Heck, the name gives away that he isn't too serious. Try to be more perceptive of what's being said, even if it is on the internet and there's no tone to be heard.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Ack]

regardless of wether or not shamanator was joking, it's bad advice. If shamanator was joking, then it's a very bad joke. I've seen posts that shamanator has made and they all sound like the first post he made here.

Some people are seeking serious answers and things like that don't help. If he was serious, that's not a good way to go anyway. It's just bad all around.

I don't have any help as far as the eye watering thing goes, sorry.

Peace and love.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've got this a couple times before, my eyes just keep watering for no reason and I have to keep wiping it away. No irritation, itchyness, or anything that would indicate a problem. It passed on its own in maybe a week.

Ack

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The little advice I can offer is this: eyedrops make things worse. At least for me. I figured that if my eyes were watering, they must have something in them that my eyes felt should not be in there, thus the trying to expel whatever foreign entity it was. I tried aiding the process with eyedrops, but that just made them water more.

I'm going to stray from the topic of the thread for a minute here, which I don't like doing but here I am doing it:
You make a good point, 7Pan7cho7. However, I think the best way to deal with jokes when a joke is not wanted is to ignore it completely. Replying like it is serious only feeds the joker's proverbial flame. After making my previous comment, I went to the thread shamanator started only to discover that he is indeed one of the people who entertains himself by upsetting people. Obviously his intent with the other thread was to get a negative response.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would like to make the comment.. that this is not a problem of mine ... its not medical... its not a matter of faulty tear-ducts.. or pollen ... or any of that nonsense..

it is a problem of mine.. in the context that its happening to me.. but it is not mine because it isn't a bodily malfunction..

When I attempt to switch my awareness, from tonal, or normal to a heightened awareness... my eyes water like an SOB...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Tearing is a bodily function fyi.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Tearing is a bodily function fyi.

Holy [snip]... really? ... I thought my rocks have been leaking..

You've got to be kidding me right? Tearing comes from my body? .. whoa.. what classes did I miss....
[sarcasm]

[edit on 3/9/06 by dnero6911]

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 3-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Shamanator,

I have proof that you don't exist. Your IP address traces back to a government IP address that is surprisingly closed and part of the NSA IP block listing. What is it that you wish to do here? Just rile people up? Is this just a cute game. Please respect the wishes of others who want to have serious discussions about the topics on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation!

-BogusWorld2007

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I had this happen to me today, when I driving on the highway with tons of traffic that was going 80 mph .... I ALMOST DIED. I think it has to do with the sensitivity of the eye, its good to sit outside for a few hours at a time over course of a week or so, train your eyes a bit to handle more light stresses.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator

Thank you. I haven't laughed this much in a long time. Needed that so thank you
I'm glad that there are people posting here with humor, but you really should try to make it more clear that you're not serious. People use [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] and other such techniques to indicate it.

As for watery eyes. At times my eyes just seem to dry up, get really burning eyes. To be honest...if you got rid of all the basic medical possibilities then just accept that it is how it is. Rarely does something like this have to do with any spirits or paranormal phenomena. Stuff dries up once in a while and at other times your body makes more that needs to get rid off. To extreme opposites that do occur once in a while.

I also have to agree that the topics on ATS are getting less and less in quality for quite some time now. The basics of some practices are being discussed and usually they are questions and topics dealt with a ton of times. For excample 3 different topics in a months time about James Randi. Just use the damn search feature

What happened to the indepth discussions we had years ago? Where did those people go? Probably just like me to boards where there are indept discussions and sharing of experiences that go beyond "oh i saw something move in the corner of my eye", "I saw a dead relative" or "I moved a wheel under a glass". And then repeated in various different forms but still discussing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well I can make it happen on cue.. by trying to shift my awareness, but I figured out what it was anyway.... so thanks for all the jokes guys, it kept me in good spirits..

But I agree, I figured with this post, it was a can't beat em join em thing..

ATS seems to be a place for people who are so 'reason' stricken. Theres no room for any of those older people who like to share things indepth, anytime anyone comes up with something and they can't PROVE it with reason, it gets HIGHLY ridiculed by EVERYONE here at ATS, if it doesn't fit neatly in their comfy quarters of reason and logic... (the left side of the brain, and the right hand)...
This place is awesome for discussion, but the people aren't... They're so logical it makes me sick, granted some things seem very far-fetched and stupid, but a lot things seem like alot of other things, .. (don't judge a book by its cover) ..
I've notice it slowed down a lot here..

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Have you tried going to your doctor or optometrist? Maybe they could do some tests on your eyes, like maybe they're straining too much when you change focus? Or maybe when you 'change awareness' something gets released in your brain to tell your eyes to water? I don't know, i'm not a doctor lol

(oh and if you've read any of Shamanators other topics you'll know to just ignore him)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join