It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hi To Our Ethnic Friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't mean to be racist here but I have no time for niceties after viewing these images. I thought I'd share them with you. From London, England:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
These pics are not (although true) a true reflection of Islam in the UK
You should head over the PTS as I'm sure you can debate your point positively over there.

I fear this thread will be banned here when IMO it should be just moved to Pts.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
AJ,

You are not racisit, because Islam is not a race, it is a religion.

I wish I could say the pic's surprise me, but that would be lying.

I wonder where (England?) the pic's are from.

What are the laws about inciting riot/murder and such in that area

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
AJ,

You are not racisit, because Islam is not a race, it is a religion.

I wish I could say the pic's surprise me, but that would be lying.

I wonder where (England?) the pic's are from.

What are the laws about inciting riot/murder and such in that area

Hi Mon this goes down all the time here in England. But this is aPTS matter so I will keep it to PTS

PTS

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Those photos are NOT representative of Mulims in the UK...they are all from one single demonstration in London against the Danish cartoons.

You are more than welcome to visit my little corner of West Yorkshire, where myself and all my neighbours are greeted with warm words and smiles, called 'brother' and 'sister' in the Halal shops and supermarkets, and live with tolerance, peace and respect...and I am a white anglo-saxon living in a predominatly Muslim neighbourhood. We all work hard to stamp out hatred, racism and ingnorance, and as a result, I enjoy a rich vibrant community which accepts all comers, and I would not want to change it for anything else

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
the pictures are from protests in London a while back.

I personally am more interested in the fact that scotland yard have stated that they are watching THOUSANDS of these people in the UK.

link

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why should anyone be surprised that some people wish to insist that some Muslim dingbats are representitive of all British Muslims or non-British Muslims living in Britain?

Afterall you often find that the people wishing to claim such nonsense are usually far-right dingbats themselves who wish to insist that they are representitve of all the rest of the non-Muslim British people
(but they tend to keep the 'white' bit quiet these days).

As if.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Its the same as stating that Israeli Zionism is representative of all judaism

or the KKK are representative of Christianity

all religions have their fruitcakes - it's just that Islamic nutters are the most politically usefull at the moment for quietly stripping us of our liberty

I think the majority of the British public can see this - which is why Blair is pegging himself over the invasion of Iran

I hope in the event this will be the catalyst to get the public on the streets

[edit on 2-9-2006 by dj howls]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hmm you post extraordinary pictures from a protest over 4 months ago and you 'don't mean to be racist'

What point are you trying to make?, what reaction are you seeking?

Why didn't you give links to the story of the demonstration, the reaction and subsequent arrests?

I suggest you're providing partial information with a view to creating a false impression / garner some ill-advised support for your obvious agenda.

BTW it's school hoilidays in the UK at the moment - things will be back to normal soon

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
*deleted comment*

mod edit: Watch your language and don't insult other members!

Terms And Conditions Of Use
1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
there were no arrests at the scene to avoid confrontation with the 'ethnics'. There were no arrests until the daily papers screamed blue murder about it the next day - and then, and only then did the police get off their highly paid, highly lazy behinds and do some thing. Not because they wanted to, but because an out cry forced them to.

Suprise suprise when they did lift some of these people.

The one wearing a suicide vest is a highly known THIEF - with both hands??!!?? so he likes islam enough to have a hand cut off for theft?? Oh thought not....

Hipocritical to the last is a muslim. Smile to your face whilst figuring out a way to take over your country. All muslims want to rule under sharia, its in their religion to do so - to say other wise is blind folly.

When in rome, do as the Romans do, unless your a muslim, then use fear to get your own way.

(Or just 'sympathise with it' like 40% of so called 'british' muslims did after the london bombings.)

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is freedom of expression illegal in Britain? Sure its horrible to make signs claiming "your 9-11 is coming" but as stated before by others, this doesnt reflect every muslims thinking or opinions. If it did, dont you think suicide bombings and hi-jackings would happen every day? There are always a few bad apples in every bunch, but when humanity judges one whole group based on the actions of a few...thats dangerous, prejudice and unfair. Does every Brit support Blair? Does every Yank support Bush? Does every muslim support Bin Laden? The answer is No, No, and No.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Foreign races or religions seem to have more freedom of expression than Christian/Atheist whites. If a load of white people went to London after 7/7 branding signs saying; Down with the Middle East, you'll learn your lesson, etc, there would be public outcry and sympathy for the 'poor middle-easterners'. But it's ok for them to say them kind of things about Europeans while in Europe to boot, and no one can do anything about it.

They have signs saying "Behead those that insult Islam". If Europeans had the same mentality, these protesters wouldn't have heads anymore because they are insulting Europe, in Europe!

And why are they saying 'Down with Europe' over one guys drawings anyway???

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

there were no arrests at the scene to avoid confrontation with the 'ethnics'. There were no arrests until the daily papers screamed blue murder about it the next day - and then, and only then did the police get off their highly paid, highly lazy behinds and do some thing. Not because they wanted to, but because an out cry forced them to.

Exactly, if that was a group of White folks holding up placards, posters saying death to Islam, Get the Muslims out of the UK, There would be an uproar, All this political correctness annoys the hell out of me.

It is double standards, where people like that can stand and preach violence and nothing is done about it. But if a White British Citizen was to me a remark deemed racist, they would either be arrested or sued.

Hmm you post extraordinary pictures from a protest over 4 months ago and you 'don't mean to be racist'

How is the poster being racist? He/she is just showing the double standards we have in the UK, Oh do not infringe on Muslims Human Rights, But it is oks for them to show hatred and show placards or posters of Death to anyone who disagrees with their religion, Give me a break.

If they do not like the way the UK is run they should leave simple as that. Call me racist all you want, but that is exactly what they are doing in those pictures posted. As well as promoting violence and death.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is such a crock.

Most small demos get left alone at the time - and this wasn't the massive demo some would claim.

In those circumstances the Police usually tend to make arrests later; which is exactly what they did in this case.

There was uproar over this......but within the context of a society that tollerates free speech.
There was 'something done about it'.

To claim 'they' were subjected to a different standard, there was no uproar or that there was/is no Police action and no arrests is simply either a rather ridiculous lie
or the height of ill-informed ignorance (which in this area is sadly all too typical).

[edit on 5-9-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well said sminks.

Is this post racist? I don't know - but as I pointed out: it's an old story, the OP didn't present the full story (just the extreme bits), the terms 'ethnics' was used.

It appears, to me, to be an attempt to garner reactions of a extreme kind rather than an attempt at serious discussion and, unfortunately, it seems to be working.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm all for freedom of expression, but those pictured above are advocating something much more. Granted, they are by no means an accurate example of the average Muslim, but I would be just as irate if I saw American Christians carrying the same sorts of signs.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When I first saw that crowd on my screen I wanted to open fire with a machine gun. Some of the best people i've ever met are Muslim (all secular ones come to think of it).
These rag-head Fundermentalists threaten social stability in England (like they do in France, much of Europe and America). They are the perfect advert for Combat 18 let alone the BNP. They do not respect liberty, and so if the public is so worried about it; why can't we shoot them next time they declare war on freedom?

After all if the government won't enforce their race and religious hatred laws perhaps the public will? I have no problem with peaceful protest unless its against other peoples rights to protest-express themselves. (And not all thier protesting was peaceful).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
what id like to see is the police penning them in and then a group of really hammered royal marines kicking the living daylights out of them..only to the point of death..nothing too extreme....got to keep them alive whilst we deport them back to the hell holes they hail from

Oh and before the usual backlash starts, id be just as happy to see the same happen with the combat 18 loonys as well as the holocaust deniers and all the other cowardly turds on the planet.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Violence, death, racist language and a couple of linguistic hops and skips (and an edit) to try and stay just inside the line on the T&C.

You must be so proud guys.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join