It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documented reasons why Koch Industries is the most vile and counterproductive company in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Koch Industries is one of the absolute most vile, damaging, and influential companies in the country.

They are headwartered in Wichita Kansas. Considered to be the second largest privately held company in the country with revenues in excess of $80 billion in 2005. The company website has lots of information about them and thier culture

Some of its industries are,

Petroleum and chemicals
Pipelines
Ranching
Chemical Technology
Commodities and financial trading
Minerals, Asphalt, Fibers and Polymers
Financial Services
Forrest and Consumer Products
Business Development

These are some of the most vital industries for our high standard of living and this is not an attack against these imeasurably important industries for our economy and lifestyles. However as will be shown Koch practices in a manner that is abhorent, dispicable and just simpley illegal.

Its practices and activties have been carried out with almost complete disregard for environmental and/or public health concerns are, unjustifiable. Have a Koch and a smile: free markets and property rights Trump humanity and the environment

I to am a Libertarian but this is not what we are about, it is clear Koch uses such arguements so as to allow itself operate in a heinous way with impunity.

The next article is the most important because it contains incriminating statements straight from the mouth of Bill Koch son of the founder. Koch says that Koch Industries engaged in "(o)rganized crime
This shows Koch acts in a way that is hurtful to the planet and humanity overall.

Koch rather intelligently though with dispicable intentions uses its wealth to sway political votes its way.
Many companies, individuals and groups use lobbying and other activities to garner the friendship of the executive and legislative branches. However whats different here is that Koch does so with the goal of minimzing its illegal activites and destructive practices. This is shown perfectly in the article Another big time fox nominated to be gatekeeper to the henhouse

Respond with other articles and data of Koch performing in a heinous and illegal way.
Mostly try to respond with articles and data showing Koch performing in a beneficial, ethical, or positive way.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You have voted Desolate Cancer for the Way Above Top Secret Award.

Thanks for bringing this information to my attention, and to the board. I had never heard of Koch before reading this thread, and now I know they are on the head of the pimple that is infecting the face of America.

I especially appreciate this quote:

"The old saying is you're not punished for your sins but by your sins."

That is certainly true.

Koch may be able to hide its misdeeds from the American public, and buy its way out of its troubles through manipulating the US political system for the time being, but it will never escape the eternal judgment of Almighty God.

This is my second attempt to post this response. Funny enough, my web browser froze up the first time around.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't mean to sound dumb or anything but uh.. how do you pronounce that companies name? Is it "cock" or what? (I would sensor the word cock but uh.. that would not make my point just note it is nothing derogatory so please don't warn me and thank you.
)

Ok.. anyways yeah never heared of them either, yet by what you say they are a massive industry. How much have they profited from the ongoing war in Afgahnistan and Iraq?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Coke. The name is pronounced Coke. Though your interpretation seems much more fitting, if the articles linked hold the real truth about the company.

I don't really know dick about them.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
LOL, thanks for the clearing up of that name.. coke.. never would have though that.

Do they supply anything to our troops, that may increase profits from wars? I am very interested about big companies, because when you have that much power like EXon oil, they may profit largly from wars.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses, I learned of Koch from when they purchased Georgia Pacific for $21 billion a year ago.

More seedy information about Koch Industries its not meant to lambast the company just bring to the pulic view what this company has doen and continues to do.

The articles listed really give detailed information as to why Koch needs to be punished for the crimes it has commited against its consumers and the environment.

From the cbs news website

Former EPA administrator Carol Browner announced in 2000 that she was hitting Koch Industries with the largest civil penalty in the history of the federal Clean Water Act: a $30 million fine. Doesnt seem so harsh when the actual damages would have been if charged properly in excess of $200 million.
Koch Industries is also a major polluter. During the 1990s, its faulty pipelines were responsible for more than 300 oil spills in five states.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just discovered this - S&F

...and just recently learned about the Koch brothers - 4 years after this was posted here! (missed it) - fyi - the new article is SO worth reading!!!

Covert Operations

The Kochs are longtime libertarians who believe in drastically lower personal and corporate taxes, minimal social services for the needy, and much less oversight of industry—especially environmental regulation. These views dovetail with the brothers’ corporate interests. In a study released this spring, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States. And Greenpeace issued a report identifying the company as a “kingpin of climate science denial.”

The report showed that, from 2005 to 2008, the Kochs vastly outdid ExxonMobil in giving money to organizations fighting legislation related to climate change, underwriting a huge network of foundations, think tanks, and political front groups. Indeed, the brothers have funded opposition campaigns against so many Obama Administration policies—from health-care reform to the economic-stimulus program—that, in political circles, their ideological network is known as the Kochtopus.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Respond with other articles and data of Koch performing in a heinous and illegal way.

Sure, don't mind if I do:

KOCH INDUSTRIES TO PAY RECORD FINE FOR OIL SPILLS IN SIX STATES
Factsheet: Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine
Koch-Funded Oil Rally Calls Global Warming A ‘Hoax,’ Dismisses Oil Spill, And Attacks Democrats
The dirty oil coalition behind the Proposition 23 effort to stop clean energy just got a lot dirtier

The saddest part is Koch Industries are one of the dirtiest, most notoriously self-serving propaganda machines around - and yet so many clueless conspiracy theorists continue to pick up their blatant lies and carelessly throw them around here like they're facts, just because they touch on hot conspiracy topics like Obama or global warming.

9 out of 10 conspiracy theorists are just as big a sheep as everyone else - and propagandists like Koch know exactly how to exploit that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

9 out of 10 conspiracy theorists are just as big a sheep as everyone else - and propagandists like Koch know exactly how to exploit that.

No kidding. For example...

Real Libertarianism is NOT Corporatism and does NOT mandate a Corporatocracy. In fact, it demands the opposite - NO controlling agency(ies), just individuals.

But somehow, even so-called "Libertarians" here on ATS are prepared to defend -to the death- the rights of non-human legal entities.

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Koch-Backed Group Accused Of Voter Suppression In Wisconsin Recall Elections

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join