It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamonds Made From Babay Hair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

New Age Diamonds, a Russian company specializing in the production of gem-quality synthetic diamonds, has entered the Japanese market with a new product called the “Heart-In Baby Diamond” — a synthetic diamond made from the hair of newborn babies.

The Heart-In Baby Diamond is the latest addition to the company’s “Your Personal Diamond” (YPD) line of commemorative diamonds, which are custom-made from the hair or fur of your favorite person or pet, living or departed.

As Japan’s population begins to shrink, newborn babies become all the more precious and each birth is a greater cause for celebration. In addition, fewer mouths to feed results in increased amounts of disposable household wealth. New Age Diamonds appears to be capitalizing on these two factors by offering proud new parents an innovative and luxurious way to bestow gratitude on their blessed offspring.

SOURCE:
Pink Tentacle

Could'nt figure out if I should put this here or in global news,
so if a staff member wants to move it, feel free.

This is definately one of the odder products I've heard of.
I was aware they made diamonds out of the ash of the departed,
but I did'nt know they could use hair as well.

Comments, Opinions?

[edit on 9/1/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ive never been sure how accurate it is that you can make a diamond from a dead persons ashes. Synthetic diamonds are made from putting graphite throught very high temperatures and pressures yet what you actually get in the jar after the cremation isnt graphite at all, its actually the ground up bones of the deceased as they are the only bit that wont burn. That means that you cant make synthetic diamonds from just any old ashes but concievably could be made by collecting the carbonised ashes of the deceased.

I do agree though, this is an extremely strange product!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wow, thats awesome!

This really makes diamonds special again, using them to celebrate something meaningful momentous and ideally long lasting like the stone.
Its also great to see outside factors breaking into an industry ruled with an iron fist who creates death and destruction(conflict diamonds) and certain select few who wield 75% of the power (de beers).
I also remember reading an article about a chinese physicist who had figured out a way of making high quality artifical diamonds and was preparing to do so on an industrial level.

This case with the babies hair is a vey enterprising and smart business venture that will most definietly find a niche or two.

Good find

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Diamonds have eben made artificially for a long time. They are most widely used not for jewellery where clarity and colour are important but in industrial drills and saws which require diamonds property of being the hardest material on earth.

Also DeBeers kind if deserve th market share! According to the HowStuffWorks article on diamonds, before 1930 diamonds were actually less popular than other gem stones such as Rubys and Sapphires until DeBeers ran their "Diamonds are Forever" advertising campaign which brought diamonds to the prominence in the market today.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
Ive never been sure how accurate it is that you can make a diamond from a dead persons ashes.

I do agree though, this is an extremely strange product!

I don't think it's a strange product at all, but that's just me.

Here's a thread about making diamonds from your dead loved ones.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join