It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Wizard Claims He's From Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
and made allegedly 350million-$ in 2 weeks!!!!!
I don't know if this story has ever been discussed here on the Forum
But this story is very odd, just read it and give me your opinion.
Does anyone know more about this guy and how the story further evolved.
BTW, its not that new, its from Wednesday March 19, 2003

NEW YORK -- Federal investigators have arrested an enigmatic Wall Street wiz on insider-trading charges -- and incredibly, he claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256!

Sources at the Security and Exchange Commission confirm that 44-year-old Andrew Carlssin offered the bizarre explanation for his uncanny success in the stock market after being led off in handcuffs on January 28.

"But the fact is, with an initial investment of only $800, in two weeks' time he had a portfolio valued at over $350 million. Every trade he made capitalized on unexpected business developments, which simply can't be pure luck.

Original Source

Mod Edit: Methods of ''Quoting'' – Please Review This Link.
Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I remember reading about this back when it was new news. I knew there was something I was trying to remember. Well. If you read to the bottom of the article you will discover it came from the Weekly World News. Which, I believe, its a tabloid. So its probably not true at all...

Vas

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Please see:

Claim: Man arrested for insider trading attributes his financial success to time travel.

Snopes.

Fun reading though.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
One need only look at the last sentence of the story to confirm that the story is bogus.

Weekly World News will continue to follow this story as it unfolds. Keep watching for further developments.

Yahoo

[edit on 2006/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sounds different but surely they only need to look for his birth records or any other records and that should be problem solved, he either is or he isn't.

Edited coz there wasn't enough

[edit on 21-9-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Sounds different but surely they only need to look for his birth records or any other records and that should be problem solved, he either is or he isn't.

Edited coz there wasn't enough

I [H]ate

Did you know that more
is sold in Hawaii than anywhere else in the world?

I don't live in Hawaii because I Hate
!!

[edit on 9/23/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
hey nothin wrong with Spam.

Anyway, after dabbling in the stock market for a period of time then giving up, realizing it's not my suiting.

This article made me jealous! Yes, add that to the list of things I would do if I could go back in time.

Heck, even if it were the 1950s or whatever I'd still be willing to do it. I'd think being rich in just about any time period of the last 100 years would be worthwhile.

Hey, remember men in black? Tabloids are real news.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

If he was genuinely a time traveler, it would be more profitable to go back a further 50 years and invest in IBM, Intel, HP, all those defence companies, then go straight back to his own time and reclaim the shares. If he were really from 2256, then inflation would wipe out all profits he made now.

That used to be a tradition in California, aunts and uncles would buy random shares as an investment gift for their grandchildren. One the recipient released reached the age of 18, and depending on the company, the shares would have split and doubled in value every other year. So a $100 gift, become a $30,000 college fund.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It would be odd in itself for someone to have THAT much insider trading knowledge, especially considering that someone with that many connections would have way more than $800 to invest. I do remember hearing about this a while back, and as has been said, it appears to be fake.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately, besides all the paradoxes currently present, I feel even if/when our technology got to the point where time travel was possible that it would instantly destroy us all, ergo, since we're still here it's my belief that time travel has never happened.

new topics

top topics

join