It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valerie Plame was NOT outed by GWB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
washingtonpost.com

Mr. Armitage was one of the Bush administration officials who supported the invasion of Iraq only reluctantly. He was a political rival of the White House and Pentagon officials who championed the war and whom Mr. Wilson accused of twisting intelligence about Iraq and then plotting to destroy him. Unaware that Ms. Plame's identity was classified information, Mr. Armitage reportedly passed it along to columnist Robert D. Novak "in an offhand manner, virtually as gossip," according to a story this week by the Post's R. Jeffrey

It follows that one of the most sensational charges leveled against the Bush White House -- that it orchestrated the leak of Ms. Plame's identity to ruin her career and thus punish Mr. Wilson -- is untrue.

He diverted responsibility from himself and his false charges by claiming that President Bush's closest aides had engaged in an illegal conspiracy. It's unfortunate that so many people took him seriously.

Hmmm.....I wonder just how many of the liberal news organizations (CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC est) and all the other democrat/liberal foes will APOLOGIZE for all the false accusations againt the President.

I also wonder just how many of the people on this board will come foward and admit they made a mistake with groundless accusations?!?

[edit on 1-9-2006 by ferretman2]

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yes ... This whole thing was a HOAX by Joe Wilson. A freaking hoax.
The time, energy, and money that went into his anti-Bush hoax as well as the ruined lives he left behind ... SICK!

I notice that the FACT that this was a hoax isn't making big headlines here. It was a hoax .. a consipracy to hoax the whole country and world ... and yet no one here wants to acknowledge it because it isn't anti-Bush.

Another
and I'll toss in a
as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There are a lot of people that post here that have egg and/or fecal material all over their faces.

AND they ain't goin'ta post anything about it. WHY? Because they have no honor. AND, because the news media played them for a fool.

Roper

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So why are they not going to prosecute this guy?

Fitzgerald has said he does not plan to bring any charges against Novak's original source.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense. I guarantee you I wouldn't be able to talk my way out of a transgression based on "I didn't know!" You can't leak "she worked for the CIA" and not know you're stating "she worked for the CIA". It doesn't matter what her position was in the CIA, the burden lies on the person discussing her connection to find out whether it is information they should or shouldn't share BEFORE they share it.

So, again, why are they not going to prosecute this guy?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Especially when this whole investigative process cost .....how many millions of dollars.
I would be happy if the original source of the leak would just reimburse the government since it seems he knew 3years ago he was probably the source.

Gotta love how Washington works!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Hmmm.....I wonder just how many of the liberal news organizations (CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC est) and all the other democrat/liberal foes will APOLOGIZE for all the false accusations againt the President.

I also wonder just how many of the people on this board will come foward and admit they made a mistake with groundless accusations?!?

Where did you get the idea that President Bush was the one accused? I never heard any accusations against the President. I did hear accusations against Cheney however and some of Bush's aides.

mod edit: Trim Those Quotes – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Valhall

Especially when this whole investigative process cost .....how many millions of dollars.
I would be happy if the original source of the leak would just reimburse the government since it seems he knew 3years ago he was probably the source.

Gotta love how Washington works!!!!

There never seems to be a way to make them "give back" when they steal from us; screw us; lie to us, etc.

It's a remarkable system - just not in a positive way.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
~~

if & when this man is prosecuted....

he will be 'pardoned' by the outgoing President,
which is just what every President does in the natural course of things.
(remember the Clinton loyalists being pardoned at the last moments of that term)

the esteemed Armitage shouldn't do more than 30 days
if the administration executes everything correctly
...thus the rule of law will still have some stature...

but will have been effectively made impotent !
for the benefit
of the elite insiders of the 8 yr. GW Bush administration.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Nevertheless, it now appears that the person most responsible for the end of Ms. Plame's CIA career is Mr. Wilson.

It's unfortunate that so many people took him seriously.

washingtonpost.com

It is unfortunate, but not at all surprising when one considers just how bitter Democrats are and how willing they are to shoot first and ask questions later when it comes to the Bush Administration.

I suspect that the decision not to prosecute is because the law covering the leak probably contains language that specifies knowing that given information is classified. I seem to recollect that Plame's position was not in any way covert.

WE'RE RELUCTANT [sic] to return to the subject of former CIA employee Valerie Plame because of our oft-stated belief that far too much attention and debate in Washington has been devoted to her story and that of her husband, former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, over the past three years.

washingtonpost.com

My guess is that if there were information confirming a Bush Administration conspiracy to smear Ms. Plame that the Post wouldn't be reluctant at all to revisit the issue.

[edit on 2006/9/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Media figures repeat false claim that Armitage role in Plame leak exonerates Libby and Rove

mediamatters.org...
Snip
Summary: Numerous media figures have asserted that a recent report purportedly identifying former deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage as Robert Novak's original source for Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA operative prove that Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby were not involved in the leak of her identity. However, Armitage's role as Novak's first source is not inconsistent with Rove's and Libby's involvements in the leak -- both were original sources of the information for two other reporters.

If it was Armitage, why did Libby need to lie to Fitzgerald? And if Armitage was the leaker, why did he wait from 2003 until now to make that public? Why didn't Libby, Rove, and Cheney get their story straight and say it was Armitage?

[edit on 1/9/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Humm the WashingtonPost.com nice site and all, several million dollars on the investigation to investigate the investigator! Yet, only one mil for the 911 commission investigation! Down South we say Sure enough, when we feel threathened and the republicans are saying know "Sure Enough, we told you so".

Who won with this thing, surely not the american people, If Joe wilson is so wrong then why did the white house; state later there was not evidence of Irag buying yellow-cake from niger, where before was it not Powell stating before the UN assemby that it was true.
I don't think Fritgerald ever really intended to bring charges against anyone, this was just a black ops thing and it over with now. I think we got information from Pakistan Intel of this happening if I am wrong, please jump in with the right answer.

Just like 911 the so called outing of Plame is tied to the invasion and war in Iraq, and if I am not worng it seems that the name of Niger keeps poping up all the time, what do we have in the future for niger!
Egg on the face is food for a hungry person, so don't throw that away because if democrats were in charge the outcome would have been different!
Overall I think more money for the 911 investigation should outway who did plame
in a washington bar.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

If it was Armitage, why did Libby need to lie to Fitzgerald? And if Armitage was the leaker, why did he wait from 2003 until now to make that public? Why didn't Libby, Rove, and Cheney get their story straight and say it was Armitage?

I believe that the administration was prohibited by law from commenting on an ongoing investigation.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Apology owed? Not at all. When he admits lying about WMDs.

posted by ferretman2

Mr. Armitage was one of the Bush administration officials who supported the invasion of Iraq only reluctantly. Unaware that Ms. Plame's identity was classified information, Mr. Armitage reportedly passed it along to columnist Robert D. Novak "in an offhand manner, virtually as gossip," according to a story this week by the Post's R. Jeffrey [Edited by Don W]

I guess that shows just what the insiders, the news media and the general public think about the character of Bush43 and of VP Cheney. Everyone “knew” they would have done it if they could have done it. We know proving it would be hard. But we did catch one high up liar, Scooter Libby. Who by the by is an Assistant to the President, by title.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here is a little something.

mediamatters.org...

Roper

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What part of "Mr. Armitage WAS one of the Bush administration officials" doesn't sound like passing the buck to you guys?
Also I guess Rove's Lawyer was lying when he said he was the one that disclosed Plame's ID eh?
Ah well, Spin on.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
I guess that shows just what the insiders, the news media and the general public think about the character of Bush43 and of VP Cheney. Everyone “knew” they would have done it if they could have done it. We know proving it would be hard.

Yeah, everyone "knew". All those experts and partisans were convinced.:shk:

This constant rush to judgement using unproven accusations and what people "knew" has gone beyond simple partisan politics. It's now a mark of desperation.

But we did catch one high up liar, Scooter Libby. Who by the by is an Assistant to the President, by title.

What did you "catch", donwhite? Nothing. Nada. His "crime" was not the result of the investigation, it was a product of the investigation.

I think this sums it up nicely:

Nevertheless, it now appears that the person most responsible for the end of Ms. Plame's CIA career is Mr. Wilson. Mr. Wilson chose to go public with an explosive charge, claiming -- falsely, as it turned out -- that he had debunked reports of Iraqi uranium-shopping in Niger and that his report had circulated to senior administration officials. He ought to have expected that both those officials and journalists such as Mr. Novak would ask why a retired ambassador would have been sent on such a mission and that the answer would point to his wife. He diverted responsibility from himself and his false charges by claiming that President Bush's closest aides had engaged in an illegal conspiracy. It's unfortunate that so many people took him seriously.

Emphasis added.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
New Questions About Inquiry in C.I.A. Leak

It was all a political witch hunt.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 1 — An enduring mystery of the C.I.A. leak case has been solved in recent days, but with a new twist: Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the prosecutor, knew the identity of the leaker from his very first day in the special counsel’s chair, but kept the inquiry open for nearly two more years before indicting I. Lewis Libby Jr., Vice President Dick Cheney’s former chief of staff, on obstruction charges.

Now, the question of whether Mr. Fitzgerald properly exercised his prosecutorial discretion in continuing to pursue possible wrongdoing in the case has become the subject of rich debate on editorial pages and in legal and political circles.

Roper

(Mod edit: Removed page-stretching effect of very long link by using [URL] tags. Added [EX] tags for quoted material. See How to Quote. --Majic)

[edit on 9/4/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It is so duplicious of the now PROVEN LIBERAL/ANTI-AMERICAN MEDIA like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and all the democratic/liberal/anti-american senators, representatives and individuals on NPR air 'air-america'. They accused the Bush Administration for 3 years when, since day one, the special prosector knew it was a bunch of BS.

Now when the truth is out......none of the 'media' with the exception of Fox news, has covered this important story.

It has been proven...the vast majority of the media is liberal and bias and the fools that actually pay attention to these so-called 'speakers' are the true sheep.

The Washington post thinks too much time has been spent on this......what total BS and their followers are pathetic and truly stupid.

top topics

join