It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete Mind/Body Fusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is it possible to control the organs in your body through thought? And by that I mean total control of involuntary processes, such as internal sphincters, adrenal glands, hormones etc. I know of buddhist monks who are able to control their body temperature, but has anyone reached this total mind-body fusion. The best I can get is control over mental states, heartbeat, and nerves i.e. feelings in my body. But can anyone affect these supposedly involuntary processes?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
When im usually calm,sitting down,not really focusing on anything but thinking, i can control my body temperture,blood pressure,headaches,etc.
I believe it all takes into the calmness you have in order to controle some body parts and organs.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.consciousness.arizona.edu...

There is more to this than just being able to hold your breath.

By the way that is related to slowing your heart beat

Egyptians placed organs in separate vessels (at time of death), which symbolically, were related to inherent form (in and of themselves).

The claim is that Egyptians did not conquer death and the question is if this is really true?

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Via hypnosis women can produce more hormones that allow thier breasts to grow. Also people doing hypnosis can produce more growth hormones for height.

It just depends what they get hypnotised to do which one if they wanted to grow bigger breasts or grow taller.
But it does indeed work.

The mind can do heaps of things if u put it to work. the trouble is...putting it to work ;P

The mind and body are one in the same. IF you can control ur mind, u can control ur body. If u can control ur body, then ur already controlling ur mind to do so ;P

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by DaRAGE]

top topics

join