It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

k of c

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
I attend the 4th degree exemplification almost every year. In Canada, the 4th degree ceremony is strictly for members. Maybe they do it differently in your part of the US.

Must be. I'm sure it's sanctioned by the Supreme Council, otherwise they wouldn't be able to do it. I may be left to the choice of the local (or state) Council.

That's another difference in K of C and Freemasonry, the fact that K of C has a central Supreme Council that governs ALL of the K of C. There is NO central authority over all Freemasonry (which has allowed some groups to run amok from time to time, unfortunately).

Anyway the Fourth Degree of the K of C was a beautiful and impressive ceremony.
Doing it semi-publicly is a good way to show people what the Knights are about. I say "semi-publicly" because they don't put an ad in the paper and invite anyone walking down the street to attend, but wives and interested friends are welcome.

As I've said, Shriners have done the same thing in recent years and in the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction, the K.C.C.H. Investiture (which is an honorary title sometimes given to 32nd Degree members and a prerequisite to receiving the 33rd Degree) is given with wives and friends present.

Some Scottish Rite lodges (called Valleys) hold their annual Maundy Thursday and Easter Sunday Services with wives in attendance. This is left to the discretion of the local Valley.

It's simply good P.R.

Hmm. Maundy (Holy) Thursday and Easter Sunday services. Those darned "Luciferian" Freemasons. Up to evil again. [sigh]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Knights of Columbus is worldwide, but not to the extent of Freemasonry. The KCs are located in:
USA
Mexico
Canada
most Central American countries
Puerto Rico
many Carribbean countries
Guam
the Phillippines
and now...Poland

The Knights of (St.) Peter Claver are presently located only in the US, but are trying to branch out to the Bahamas and Jamaica.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

Just want to let you know that my wonderful catholic gentlemen will not go further than the first degree because of the secret rituals, which by the way are on the internet, granted you need to dig deep! It is bizarre how the church will marry two people then turn around and tell one half to keep secret the "rituals". In the 21st century, women will be included by the church in all things. Let's face it behind every good married Catholic 'gentlemen' is a great catholic wife and you can not hope to get things done by leaving them out. Also, what is on the web is dead on, i have verified it with two who have gone thru your initiation rituals which are just short of brain washing. By the way, the pity is that the work that is done is excellent, but you are forgetting 50+ percent of the catholic population. Additionally, anything with masks, robes and sculls is bizarre.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The degree ceremonies hold valuable and important lessons for Catholics in their conduct as a Knight, as a Catholic, and as a valuable member of the community. No brainwashing here. I've observed the degrees many times, and am being trained in a role on the second degree team.

I could watch the degree ceremonies every month, and learn something new each time. They are edifying (is that how you spell it?) and beautiful, and are full of meaning for the individual taking part.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just so you know there IS a unofficial Fifth Degree Knights of Columbus. They are a simple task force that is basically unknown to the almost 2 million members. They are comprised of Fourth degree who are hand selected to aid the Cathoic Church, and yes that includes Opus Dei, with specific generally immediate needs. Some ARE Masons, which have about 500 K of C members among their ranks. Their existence is denied and unsupported by the K of C insurance company in New Haven, CT.

There is absolutely no illegal activity, but they have been known to do everything from dumpster dive to assist in specific pressing tasks, even hellping to keep the Clergy in line.

Very devout men.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I imagine they're up to pretty much the same thing the Masons are: pancake breakfasts, black tie banquets, and raising money for sick kids.

Pretty much...my wife's grandfather was a 4th degree KoC, and that's pretty much what he'd say they did... I actually have some of the swords hanging up on the wall (he's passed away of course, R.I.P.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join